Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My meeting with Coleman 16:34 - Dec 17 with 8833 viewsRAFC1907

He believes he will get things right, you can tell he is'nt happy with the league position.

He is very keen and passionate about the football club, he understands frustrations, he wants the club to be successful, and is doing his utmost to deliver.

He said players are not happy with themselves.

He said he is finding out who mighty scouse is and the player/staff member will be gone from the club.

Rumours about the £20 and off you go training session got out of hand, Salford was flooded, they did gym work early in the morning, they usually would have done it in the afternoon and due to this he said if the players got together £200 they could go home, the money goes into the pot for xmas party.

Cavanagh is a scapegoat and if he makes 20 good passes nobody moans, but once a bad one is made thats it.

He admits the defence is a little light and he has put too much on the younger lads shoulders.

When asked about wingers he said it worked against Bristol Rovers but the best team in the world dont use them.

He seemed a decent bloke, well interested in football and was honest.

Id say about 25 people turned up.

Poll: Bottomley...

My meeting with Coleman on 21:28 - Dec 17 with 1152 viewsmizfit

My meeting with Coleman on 21:21 - Dec 17 by dancdale

You're not pointing anything out, you're making an accusation but not willing to provide any facts.

If it is because you swore to secrecy I suggest you stick to that by not posting anything.

Its the half told 'in the know' stories that are doing the most damage on here.

Put up or shut up.

My friend was told off a friend who overheard a conversation in the pub
That's what it sounds like to me
My meeting with Coleman on 21:29 - Dec 17 with 1146 viewsSalwaDale

This is an interesting thread. No matter which side of the fence you sit on regards decisions he has made/justification of those decisions there is still one undeniable fact.

If he changes the form around and does well, we'll all love him. If the current run of form continues then he'll be sacked eventually. The one thing that matters is the results. The other things may give a struggling manager more time (or less time) but the only thing any manager is judged on in the long run is results. Certain things this season may have resulted in less goodwill to him, and today may have brought some goodwill back but at the end of the day, results on the pitch will be the main factor.

I still think Coleman is likely to be successful for us, although maybe not quite in the style many of us would like. Whether he will be given enough time is another matter. No point saying all the right things and then conceding three first half goals in the next three games.

TBBT

My meeting with Coleman on 21:41 - Dec 17 with 1100 viewsolympicdale

My meeting with Coleman on 21:29 - Dec 17 by SalwaDale

This is an interesting thread. No matter which side of the fence you sit on regards decisions he has made/justification of those decisions there is still one undeniable fact.

If he changes the form around and does well, we'll all love him. If the current run of form continues then he'll be sacked eventually. The one thing that matters is the results. The other things may give a struggling manager more time (or less time) but the only thing any manager is judged on in the long run is results. Certain things this season may have resulted in less goodwill to him, and today may have brought some goodwill back but at the end of the day, results on the pitch will be the main factor.

I still think Coleman is likely to be successful for us, although maybe not quite in the style many of us would like. Whether he will be given enough time is another matter. No point saying all the right things and then conceding three first half goals in the next three games.

As with any manager it is always results that determine their position. The question is what becomes a tipping point from the boards pov in regards to letting him go?

I dont think we're in any serious danger of relegation, dispite a number of over reactions on here, so surely if Dunphy an the board think JC is the right man long term, they will keep faith, because I have faith he'll sort it out, but yes, not in the "rochdale way" we've become accustomed to in the past years.

Life is a game of fate.

My meeting with Coleman on 21:44 - Dec 17 with 1088 viewsfitzochris

I'm gutted I didn't get to meet him today, although all my questions have been answered by proxy.

I'm prepared to wait until after January to see if JC and his team have what it takes to take my team onwards and upwards.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

My meeting with Coleman on 22:20 - Dec 17 with 1023 viewsStudiousDale

Thanks to everyone who fed back what Coleman said onto the board. JC has gone up in my estimations for taking the time out to do this, and it was a brave thing to do. Did anyone ask him about potentially moving Cavanagh to Right Back if he has to start?
My meeting with Coleman on 23:49 - Dec 17 with 924 viewsReedy

My meeting with Coleman on 22:20 - Dec 17 by StudiousDale

Thanks to everyone who fed back what Coleman said onto the board. JC has gone up in my estimations for taking the time out to do this, and it was a brave thing to do. Did anyone ask him about potentially moving Cavanagh to Right Back if he has to start?

This thread is one of the most interesting I've read for a long time, I didn't get the pleasure of going down today, but all my questions I would have asked have been answered.

I watched Coleman and Bell at Accrington for years, and you can see how they would eventually outgrow the club, and would prosper elsewhere, I firmly believe they can do it here.

I would like to point out to people who say he is moderate league 2 manager, what a load of tosh, you look at the timeline of Accrington Stanley since the turn of the century, you will soon shut up.

I believe the future is very bright under his stewardship, you can see his plan for the future with the likes of bennett, pearson, rafferty, grant, donnelly. Players like adebola, mcintrye & cavanagh aren't part of the long term solution.

In our centenary year, we had a very indifferent start, and after Christmas couldnt stop winning, I firmly believe we can do that this year.

All you Coleman beaters can sit on your soap box, but the facts are we couldn't attract a better manager in our current position.

For people who want the likes of Dave Flitcroft or Gary Jones, the pair we have now, have one thing you cant buy, experience, and that is what will get us playing good football, and get us up the table.

Blog: The FA Cup

My meeting with Coleman on 23:54 - Dec 17 with 910 viewsroccydaleian

My meeting with Coleman on 23:49 - Dec 17 by Reedy

This thread is one of the most interesting I've read for a long time, I didn't get the pleasure of going down today, but all my questions I would have asked have been answered.

I watched Coleman and Bell at Accrington for years, and you can see how they would eventually outgrow the club, and would prosper elsewhere, I firmly believe they can do it here.

I would like to point out to people who say he is moderate league 2 manager, what a load of tosh, you look at the timeline of Accrington Stanley since the turn of the century, you will soon shut up.

I believe the future is very bright under his stewardship, you can see his plan for the future with the likes of bennett, pearson, rafferty, grant, donnelly. Players like adebola, mcintrye & cavanagh aren't part of the long term solution.

In our centenary year, we had a very indifferent start, and after Christmas couldnt stop winning, I firmly believe we can do that this year.

All you Coleman beaters can sit on your soap box, but the facts are we couldn't attract a better manager in our current position.

For people who want the likes of Dave Flitcroft or Gary Jones, the pair we have now, have one thing you cant buy, experience, and that is what will get us playing good football, and get us up the table.

Fair play to you Reedy. I hope against hope you're right. Let's see what January brings.
My meeting with Coleman on 23:54 - Dec 17 with 915 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Would still have Jones and Flicker over current management team tbh Reedy - but that would have been the same before we appointed J.C.

It wont change anything and hopefully today is the start of a more transparent future.

Up the Dale!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

My meeting with Coleman on 23:56 - Dec 17 with 912 viewsmizfit

My meeting with Coleman on 23:54 - Dec 17 by Thacks_Rabbits

Would still have Jones and Flicker over current management team tbh Reedy - but that would have been the same before we appointed J.C.

It wont change anything and hopefully today is the start of a more transparent future.

Up the Dale!!!

People with no managerial experience? Yeh good 1
My meeting with Coleman on 00:01 - Dec 18 with 903 viewsD_Alien

Been out most of this evening, but first of all thanks to TS for asking about the disciplinary issues, and to everyone who took the opportunity to meet with JC today.

Having read through the various threads that have emerged since, I've got to say that it's been a good PR exercise and a few people may be feeling more positive, but nothing has really changed or been said to convince me that the changes we'd like to see will come about.

Asking people to take things on trust just doesn't cut the mustard these days, and the debate about "being a good fan" or "if you're a supporter then you just turn up and support" is ultimately futile, or even worse - offensive. Do those people who post this have family responsibilities? Do they have children who need feeding and clothing, and for whom the £15-£20 paid at the gate would be more than welcome? We all have choices to make, and in order to be able to justify the expense of watching Dale, there has to be a sense of connection with the club and the team.

Has today's exercise helped re-establish what has been lost? I'm just not sure it has, really.

We need something really positive to happen in January, or preferably before then.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

My meeting with Coleman on 00:06 - Dec 18 with 886 viewsmizfit

My meeting with Coleman on 00:01 - Dec 18 by D_Alien

Been out most of this evening, but first of all thanks to TS for asking about the disciplinary issues, and to everyone who took the opportunity to meet with JC today.

Having read through the various threads that have emerged since, I've got to say that it's been a good PR exercise and a few people may be feeling more positive, but nothing has really changed or been said to convince me that the changes we'd like to see will come about.

Asking people to take things on trust just doesn't cut the mustard these days, and the debate about "being a good fan" or "if you're a supporter then you just turn up and support" is ultimately futile, or even worse - offensive. Do those people who post this have family responsibilities? Do they have children who need feeding and clothing, and for whom the £15-£20 paid at the gate would be more than welcome? We all have choices to make, and in order to be able to justify the expense of watching Dale, there has to be a sense of connection with the club and the team.

Has today's exercise helped re-establish what has been lost? I'm just not sure it has, really.

We need something really positive to happen in January, or preferably before then.

So if you pay to go in that gives you the right to be a prick for 90 mins and destroy what little confidence the lads have left?
If u pay your money to go in the ground just get behind the lads rather than just constantly moaning I think that's the point everyone is trying to make
My meeting with Coleman on 00:06 - Dec 18 with 883 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Like K.H.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

My meeting with Coleman on 00:10 - Dec 18 with 873 viewsD_Alien

My meeting with Coleman on 00:06 - Dec 18 by mizfit

So if you pay to go in that gives you the right to be a prick for 90 mins and destroy what little confidence the lads have left?
If u pay your money to go in the ground just get behind the lads rather than just constantly moaning I think that's the point everyone is trying to make

That's not the point I was making at all, mizfit.

I'm talking about the choice to turn up or not, in the first place. Having spent money at the gate, I agree that it's not the best experience to be stood/sat next to some miserable tw@t who moans for 90 minutes. There's nothing to be done with people like that. It's the product on the field that matters.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

My meeting with Coleman on 00:10 - Dec 18 with 868 views442Dale

On the bit about players: Pearson and Rafferty have both been left out for P.Edwards, we're also looking to bring in new defenders.

Grant and Bennett are good signings and are the type of player to build the team around. Donnelly doesn't even need discussing again.

Cavanagh is 30. Why would he not expect to remain at the club for a while, especially as he's captain?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

My meeting with Coleman on 00:11 - Dec 18 with 864 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

I totally agree with this that's why i chosen to do my Xmas shopping ready so everything is wrapped then i can have Boxing Day and 29th with no worries still debating on Mad Friday all depends on this week if i go or not. Plus i been told that the next England Under 21s game will be in Midlands in February 2013 but that's all the notice I've been given I'm praying its during the week of Northampton Town Away which will be very ideal looking forward to Rotherham United part 2 on New Years Day that'll be a Big game going for the 6 pointer and possibly AFC Wombles for another 6 pointer. I'm budgeting best i can and still find it difficult at times

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

My meeting with Coleman on 00:12 - Dec 18 with 859 viewsNotEyreClue

The feeding and clothing children argument has never washed with me. Going to a football match is a luxury regardless of how 'connected you feel to the club.' If your finances really are that stretched then there's absolutely no way anyone would ever justify going to watch a game of football over buying necessities, irregardless of how well the team's doing.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

My meeting with Coleman on 00:13 - Dec 18 with 855 viewsmizfit

My meeting with Coleman on 00:10 - Dec 18 by 442Dale

On the bit about players: Pearson and Rafferty have both been left out for P.Edwards, we're also looking to bring in new defenders.

Grant and Bennett are good signings and are the type of player to build the team around. Donnelly doesn't even need discussing again.

Cavanagh is 30. Why would he not expect to remain at the club for a while, especially as he's captain?

Build a team around Bennett? Do u want to see us struggle
My meeting with Coleman on 00:18 - Dec 18 with 838 viewsD_Alien

My meeting with Coleman on 00:12 - Dec 18 by NotEyreClue

The feeding and clothing children argument has never washed with me. Going to a football match is a luxury regardless of how 'connected you feel to the club.' If your finances really are that stretched then there's absolutely no way anyone would ever justify going to watch a game of football over buying necessities, irregardless of how well the team's doing.

OK, I was laying it on a bit thick in terms of "feeding and clothing children" - but the point remains valid. My finances aren't stretched as it happens, but many erstwhile Dale fans might be feeling the pinch, which is why I just don't like to read posts criticising those who feel the current disconnect with the club shouldn't influence their choice to attend or not. The old-fashioned notion of the male wage-earner dictating how the family finances are spent no longer applies, either! Disposal income is up for grabs in so many different ways than it used to be, but I'm not saying anything new here.

My meeting with Coleman on 00:22 - Dec 18 with 827 viewsmizfit

My meeting with Coleman on 00:18 - Dec 18 by D_Alien

OK, I was laying it on a bit thick in terms of "feeding and clothing children" - but the point remains valid. My finances aren't stretched as it happens, but many erstwhile Dale fans might be feeling the pinch, which is why I just don't like to read posts criticising those who feel the current disconnect with the club shouldn't influence their choice to attend or not. The old-fashioned notion of the male wage-earner dictating how the family finances are spent no longer applies, either! Disposal income is up for grabs in so many different ways than it used to be, but I'm not saying anything new here.

If you're watching dale and sending the kids to school wearing no pants and no packed lunch I'd be on to the authorities straight away
My meeting with Coleman on 00:23 - Dec 18 with 826 viewsrafc1984

My meeting with Coleman on 00:13 - Dec 18 by mizfit

Build a team around Bennett? Do u want to see us struggle

Bennett is young, and clearly going to be a good player. Yes he makes mistakes, but anyone with half a footballing brain can see that with good coaching, he will play at a higher level eventually. The club are currently working, on offering him a new contract, which he fully deserves IMO.
My meeting with Coleman on 00:24 - Dec 18 with 821 viewsD_Alien

My meeting with Coleman on 00:22 - Dec 18 by mizfit

If you're watching dale and sending the kids to school wearing no pants and no packed lunch I'd be on to the authorities straight away

I'd be more wary of "the authorities" than you!

My meeting with Coleman on 00:26 - Dec 18 with 811 viewsNotEyreClue

My meeting with Coleman on 00:18 - Dec 18 by D_Alien

Of course that was hyperbolic on your part but the point still stands in terms of choosing whether to go to the game or spend the money where it could be used more much effectively. The distinction between a fan and supporter is a load of crap you're right. As far as I'm concerned, shouting and screaming at SS when Dale score/concede is enough to class yourself as a fan or a supporter of the club. The only thing that irks me about those kind of fans is that they often feel entitled to the same leeway and points of view with regards to criticism on the team and let's be honest, if you're not there then you don't really have any room to comment on the game! That's the definition of a typical armchair fan to me.

My meeting with Coleman on 00:34 - Dec 18 with 802 viewsD_Alien

My meeting with Coleman on 00:26 - Dec 18 by NotEyreClue

Of course that was hyperbolic on your part but the point still stands in terms of choosing whether to go to the game or spend the money where it could be used more much effectively. The distinction between a fan and supporter is a load of crap you're right. As far as I'm concerned, shouting and screaming at SS when Dale score/concede is enough to class yourself as a fan or a supporter of the club. The only thing that irks me about those kind of fans is that they often feel entitled to the same leeway and points of view with regards to criticism on the team and let's be honest, if you're not there then you don't really have any room to comment on the game! That's the definition of a typical armchair fan to me.

I couldn't agree more, and for a pioneer of mmb you're talking too much sense!

It's pretty simple really though. I've been to countless games over countless seasons where we've lost, but I've enjoyed the matchday experience. The pints in the pub, the annoyance at the team selection, the idiocy of the referee, the being pissed-off when the opposition fans celebrate wildly at the end - all good fun in its own way!

But right now, I've stopped enjoying it. I know I'll start doing so again at some point, and that's something the armchair fans will never have.

My meeting with Coleman on 00:49 - Dec 18 with 781 viewsNotEyreClue

My meeting with Coleman on 00:34 - Dec 18 by D_Alien

I couldn't agree more, and for a pioneer of mmb you're talking too much sense!

It's pretty simple really though. I've been to countless games over countless seasons where we've lost, but I've enjoyed the matchday experience. The pints in the pub, the annoyance at the team selection, the idiocy of the referee, the being pissed-off when the opposition fans celebrate wildly at the end - all good fun in its own way!

But right now, I've stopped enjoying it. I know I'll start doing so again at some point, and that's something the armchair fans will never have.

The only reason I've been 'enjoying' is it due to the dross some of the morons in Sandy shout. If I sat anywhere else in the stadium I'd probably just as disenchanted as most of the others on here but as it stands now, I still look forward to going. I would say ask me again after Friday but we will definitely win. The predictions were no doubt made with us in mind and the world will hereby implode on Friday after the final whistle's been blown.

My meeting with Coleman on 01:13 - Dec 18 with 767 viewsRotherhamDale

My meeting with Coleman on 00:10 - Dec 18 by 442Dale

Cavanagh is only 30? Jesus.

Possession with progression.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024