Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Manager 2013 19:33 - Jan 3 with 2596 viewsusername

This is the first time I have ever been or bought a football manager game so I may need some help. I am doing a career mode with Rochdale but I am not doing very well so could someone give me some advice and protips e.g what is the best formation and which players I should sign. This would be most appreciated.Tanks!
Football Manager 2013 on 19:48 - Jan 3 with 2576 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Have you tried playing with wingers John?

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Football Manager 2013 on 19:50 - Jan 3 with 2571 viewsusername

Football Manager 2013 on 19:48 - Jan 3 by Thacks_Rabbits

Have you tried playing with wingers John?

hahahahaha im playing 4-3-3 formation hahahaha
Football Manager 2013 on 20:31 - Jan 3 with 2534 viewsseasidedale

I play 4-4-2 but have one of the widemen playing further forward, set as standard play to start and fluid, zonal marking is a must as man marking I was getting hammered, on shouts set it to play ball forward, pass to feet and pump ball into box along with exploit the flanks. One of central midfielders should be set. to defensive, another tip is get some new defenders in wisdom on loan from Liverpool is good, good luck
Football Manager 2013 on 20:34 - Jan 3 with 2530 viewsfitzochris

I'm playing the latest version as Wolves but I've found playing 4-3-3 effective when using a lone frontman with two inside forwards; two centre mids and a defensive mid; and a back four.

The key is to change each player's role depending on their preferred position; whether you are home or away and whether or not you're better than the opposition - eg if you're playing against a weaker team at home, set your full backs to wing backs and if you're playing a tough team away, set them to full back etc.

From there, it's all about tweaking your overall instructions game by game.

I have found this version tougher than previous but, with perseverance, I reckon I've got it now. Enjoying stability in the Prem after signing Wellington Nem and Zaha.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Football Manager 2013 on 22:16 - Jan 3 with 2462 viewsRotherhamDale

4-5-1.

Back 4
One defensive midfielder
2 Central Midfielders
2 wingers
1 striker.

Solid.

Possession with progression.

Football Manager 2013 on 07:49 - Jan 4 with 2347 viewsKnowlesy

4-3-3, two deep lying forwards and a poacher, set full backs and strikers tocross ball often, pressing and creative freedom high, passing short. Wing backs support.
Currently 9th in the prem in february 2019, sacrifice a bit going forward in your first season by starting callum camps every game, his stats absolutely rocket and is a regular in my premiership side with 2 england caps and a value of 9m
Football Manager 2013 on 13:48 - Jan 4 with 2237 viewsusername

Thanks everyone helps alot
Football Manager 2013 on 16:06 - Jan 4 with 2192 viewsChaffRAFC

While we're on the subject of FM13, I've got the January update to do as I type so is there anything within the club or squad that people aren't happy about or don't agree with?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Login to get fewer ads

Football Manager 2013 on 16:10 - Jan 4 with 2186 viewsAtThePeake

Football Manager 2013 on 16:06 - Jan 4 by ChaffRAFC

While we're on the subject of FM13, I've got the January update to do as I type so is there anything within the club or squad that people aren't happy about or don't agree with?

Would be nice to see Lambert and Dawson in the legends section Chaff!

Tangled up in blue.

Football Manager 2013 on 16:25 - Jan 4 with 2169 viewsChaffRAFC

Football Manager 2013 on 16:10 - Jan 4 by AtThePeake

Would be nice to see Lambert and Dawson in the legends section Chaff!

Agreed and it's done.

Football Manager 2013 on 16:44 - Jan 4 with 2153 viewsrochdale1987

Football Manager 2013 on 16:06 - Jan 4 by ChaffRAFC

George Donnellys stats are too good
Football Manager 2013 on 17:12 - Jan 4 with 2133 viewsKnowlesy

Football Manager 2013 on 16:25 - Jan 4 by ChaffRAFC

Agreed and it's done.

Maybe make bennett better! Thats about it
Football Manager 2013 on 18:21 - Jan 4 with 2105 viewsChaffRAFC

Football Manager 2013 on 16:44 - Jan 4 by rochdale1987

George Donnellys stats are too good

Some of Donnelly's attributes have been ammended shall we say!

As have Rhys Bennett's to be fair but his have gone the other way.

I've also downgraded Adebola a little, I had no input on him pre-season and he came to us and his stats had him as one of our best players and his pace was 8 or 9 or something.

Joe Rafferty made more of an impact than people expected at this stage of the season so I've had to make the stats reflect that as well.

Football Manager 2013 on 18:23 - Jan 4 with 2103 viewsRalphs12

Football Manager 2013 on 18:21 - Jan 4 by ChaffRAFC

Some of Donnelly's attributes have been ammended shall we say!

As have Rhys Bennett's to be fair but his have gone the other way.

I've also downgraded Adebola a little, I had no input on him pre-season and he came to us and his stats had him as one of our best players and his pace was 8 or 9 or something.

Joe Rafferty made more of an impact than people expected at this stage of the season so I've had to make the stats reflect that as well.

Don't forget Joel Logan
Football Manager 2013 on 18:31 - Jan 4 with 2095 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Football Manager 2013 on 18:23 - Jan 4 by Ralphs12

Don't forget Joel Logan

Can you add John Ryan as a Legend Chaff - That would really be awesome :)

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Football Manager 2013 on 21:59 - Jan 4 with 2038 viewsChaffRAFC

Football Manager 2013 on 18:31 - Jan 4 by Thacks_Rabbits

Can you add John Ryan as a Legend Chaff - That would really be awesome :)

You're pushing it now!

And Ralphs, Joel has been ammended. My own fault that one, probably the worst mistake I've done in the 10 years I've been doing research.

Football Manager 2013 on 22:16 - Jan 4 with 2033 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Football Manager 2013 on 21:59 - Jan 4 by ChaffRAFC

You're pushing it now!

And Ralphs, Joel has been ammended. My own fault that one, probably the worst mistake I've done in the 10 years I've been doing research.

Go on Chaff - Add Dave Sutton and Ryan - Every Football Manager game needs one!!!

Football Manager 2013 on 19:36 - Jan 10 with 1941 viewsKnowlesy

Chaff - just occurred to me this one, any chance of making Bobby Grant better? atm he has all 10's and 11's which just doesn't seem enough. I barely played him when I was in League 2
Football Manager 2013 on 20:14 - Jan 10 with 1913 viewsChaffRAFC

I have actually improved him slightly in accordance with how he fits into the ranking of our players ability (in other words, he wasn't ranked as our best player and he now is!)

That said, he was fantastic on my game for Dale. I had him for three years at Dale before taking him with me to Southampton for £800,000.

Football Manager 2013 on 23:00 - Jan 10 with 1852 viewsMBoothman

Any chance of including Jonathan Diba, our promising young GK? Apologies if he's already there and I've missed him.

Yes. That IS Sako.

Football Manager 2013 on 23:31 - Jan 10 with 1840 viewsbraddale

Football Manager 2013 on 21:59 - Jan 4 by ChaffRAFC

You're pushing it now!

What is the Deal with Joel Morgan, too good or not enough?
Football Manager 2013 on 23:34 - Jan 10 with 1837 viewsbraddale

Football Manager 2013 on 23:00 - Jan 10 by MBoothman

Any chance of including Jonathan Diba, our promising young GK? Apologies if he's already there and I've missed him.

You beat me to it, good call.. would be good to boost the youth team..
Football Manager 2013 on 00:16 - Jan 11 with 1823 viewsChaffRAFC

Football Manager 2013 on 23:31 - Jan 10 by braddale

What is the Deal with Joel Morgan, too good or not enough?

Neither, it was the fact he was called Joel MORGAN instead of LOGAN!

Football Manager 2013 on 00:24 - Jan 11 with 1815 viewsChaffRAFC

Football Manager 2013 on 23:00 - Jan 10 by MBoothman

The problem with youth players is that I get an initial list when the new intake of first year scholars are announced. If a player signs after that list gets sent to me, it's difficult to obtain details as chances are I wont even hear about the new arrivals, let alone know anything about them. As it happens, I have heard the name Jonathan Diba mentioned but that's literally it.

If you can let me know his details, I.E. Full name, Date Of Birth, Place Of Birth, Nationality, skin colour, rough height and weight and I'll be happy to create him for the squad.

Also, it depends how old the player is, anybody who is under the age of the first year scholars, in other words, still in the centre of excellence, or the under 16's or whatever it is now, are too young to be included in the game.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024