Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lets Price the fans in next season 21:41 - Jan 25 with 3371 viewscrazyhorse

I cannot afford a season ticket lump sum..and reckon £10 a game is fair for league two... I will pay that because I can budget for it....

It would be great if the club could put some deal in place like at Hartlepool that if we sold shit loads tickets we could get a season ticket for say £10 a game.

But..I want to sit in the main strand because the view from the Sandy is very very limited. Veiwing the game from the side is brilliant (But not worth £20)

Burrisha Dortmund you can get a season ticket for £154 for premiership football and they have had gates over 80,000. Wish we could do something albeit on a smaller scale.

Lets Price the fans in next season on 21:43 - Jan 25 with 2659 viewsfirgrovedale51

In that case go and support Burrisha Dortmund
Lets Price the fans in next season on 21:47 - Jan 25 with 2617 viewsisitme

That £154 will be for the terraces. Having average gates of over 60,000, lots of money from TV rights and player sales makes it easier for them to do this.

Champions League football also helps the coffers!
Lets Price the fans in next season on 21:52 - Jan 25 with 2600 viewsroccydaleian

Lets Price the fans in next season on 21:47 - Jan 25 by isitme

That £154 will be for the terraces. Having average gates of over 60,000, lots of money from TV rights and player sales makes it easier for them to do this.

Champions League football also helps the coffers!

Can you still get season ticket vouchers from the club shop?
Lets Price the fans in next season on 21:58 - Jan 25 with 2569 viewsThreeLions

Are they neighbour's of Borussia Dortmund?
Lets Price the fans in next season on 21:59 - Jan 25 with 2569 viewscrazyhorse

Lets Price the fans in next season on 21:43 - Jan 25 by firgrovedale51

In that case go and support Burrisha Dortmund

Nob Jockey
Lets Price the fans in next season on 22:00 - Jan 25 with 2559 viewsThreeLions

Lets Price the fans in next season on 21:59 - Jan 25 by crazyhorse

Nob Jockey

Now now
Lets Price the fans in next season on 22:01 - Jan 25 with 2548 viewscrazyhorse

Lets Price the fans in next season on 21:52 - Jan 25 by roccydaleian

I don't know but If you can still purchase vouchers with a credit card. That makes it whole lot easier.

My point is I want to go support the Dale but feel priced out during these tough times.
Lets Price the fans in next season on 22:02 - Jan 25 with 2541 viewsisitme

Lets Price the fans in next season on 21:52 - Jan 25 by roccydaleian

Not sure but I've heard you can get in for €5 at half time!
Login to get fewer ads

Lets Price the fans in next season on 22:24 - Jan 25 with 2507 viewsroccydaleian

Lets Price the fans in next season on 22:02 - Jan 25 by isitme

Not sure but I've heard you can get in for €5 at half time!

Don't get me going.
Lets Price the fans in next season on 22:35 - Jan 25 with 2485 viewscrazyhorse

Lets Price the fans in next season on 22:24 - Jan 25 by roccydaleian

Don't get me going.

It would be fantastic if the club could do something for those fans in limbo, the fans who have become detatched due to a recent poor product and an really expensive day out.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Lets Price the fans in next season on 23:21 - Jan 25 with 2416 viewsoddjob007

Would never work. Dale relies on a hardcore of fans of 1800-2000 who will support the club come rain or shine, you've then probably got another 1000 "floaters" who will attend maybe around 10 games a season and then the rest of the "fanbase" who might show up if we draw someone decent in the cup, or a play off game.

By pricing tickets at a tenner a game, yes you might get more through the door but this will only offset the ticket revenue lost from the hardcore group of fans. Arguably food and drink sales might go up but remember this is stadium company revenue.

Boost attendances at dale - number 1 - get it right on the pitch. Clever sales and marketing and promotions for key games is the next step, the club should be all over the return of Keith and going hell for leather to flog half season tickets and get the feel good factor going. Reducing prices for one off games might work to drum
Up interest, but its not a long term sustainable nor profitable solution. why not hill's "homecoming" next week? All tickets a tenner, really push it, get people interested again, really build it up in the town - it's a great opportunity in my opinion.
Lets Price the fans in next season on 23:43 - Jan 25 with 2392 viewscrazyhorse

HIlls homecoming at a discount price is a good idea, and could kick start some enthuiasm from fans suffering from a glum Coleman reign.
Lets Price the fans in next season on 23:54 - Jan 25 with 2376 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Lets Price the fans in next season on 23:43 - Jan 25 by crazyhorse

HIlls homecoming at a discount price is a good idea, and could kick start some enthuiasm from fans suffering from a glum Coleman reign.

...now you're talking!
Lets Price the fans in next season on 12:39 - Jan 26 with 2242 viewsfirgrovedale51

Lets Price the fans in next season on 21:59 - Jan 25 by crazyhorse

Nob Jockey

Oooh that hurts how could you have such a low opinion of me I am really upset
Lets Price the fans in next season on 14:15 - Jan 26 with 2187 viewsboromat

I do like the idea of sell so many tickets and get money back.

Some quick sums.

Say we normally sell 1200 season tickets at an average of £300 that's £360k.

If we were to put a target of selling 3000 season tickets to get a third of your money back. We would have an average season ticket of £200 a better atmosphere and an increase in game day income (pies, drink etc).

Plus the club would have a nice £600k for the coffers.

Great idea but the big question is could we sell so many tickets?

To help sell the tickets the club could offer a free refund if 3000 tickets aren't sold.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Lets Price the fans in next season on 19:10 - Jan 26 with 2085 viewsoddjob007

Lets Price the fans in next season on 14:15 - Jan 26 by boromat

Some quick sums.

If we were to put a target of selling 3000 season tickets to get a third of your money back. We would have an average season ticket of £200 a better atmosphere and an increase in game day income (pies, drink etc).

To help sell the tickets the club could offer a free refund if 3000 tickets aren't sold.

See where your coming from boromat.. I simply don't think the normal folk of rochdale "the floaters" as i referred to them as have the cash or the inclination to buy season tickets for £200. Put it down to £100 and you might be talking but that would be suicide for a club the size of ours.
Lets Price the fans in next season on 19:10 - Jan 26 with 2085 viewsoddjob007

Lets Price the fans in next season on 14:15 - Jan 26 by boromat

Some quick sums.

See where your coming from boromat.. I simply don't think the normal folk of rochdale "the floaters" as i referred to them as have the cash or the inclination to buy season tickets for £200. Put it down to £100 and you might be talking but that would be suicide for a club the size of ours.
Lets Price the fans in next season on 08:50 - Jan 27 with 2001 viewsG_Dale

So the original poster wants to get in for just £10, but then wants to sit in the main stand? Are you for real? If the club were to offer you a £10 ticket for the sandy, what would you say?

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Lets Price the fans in next season on 11:42 - Jan 27 with 1964 viewsboromat

Just spotted this related article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21142999

Lets Price the fans in next season on 11:54 - Jan 27 with 1955 viewsboromat

Lets Price the fans in next season on 19:10 - Jan 26 by oddjob007

Maybe there is a way you could also pay for season tickets monthly on 12 month contract a little like the gym.

Lets Price the fans in next season on 15:05 - Jan 27 with 1916 views49thseason

Lets Price the fans in next season on 11:54 - Jan 27 by boromat

Maybe there is a way you could also pay for season tickets monthly on 12 month contract a little like the gym.

The only certain way to develop attendance and increase revenue is to get more people through the turnstiles. Consequently effective offers need to be developed to attract people who attend occasionally and offers for people who have never attended. My view would be to offer vouchers at the gate comprising an incentive to attend the next game and a longer term incentive if they attend several games. Obviously some of this would mean a discount for people who pay on the day regularly which might equate to the reduced price of a season ticket, but equally might be the difference between them turning up or not .

With an average of 7-8000 empty seats at most games clearly there is room for some further creativity.

Lets Price the fans in next season on 18:20 - Jan 27 with 1876 viewsColDale

Lets Price the fans in next season on 11:54 - Jan 27 by boromat

I think something like this could be a massive difference to those committing. If a direct debit was set up in such a way that from June onwards, fans paid a twelvth of the season ticket prices every month. Tickets could be collected / mailed out rather than a season ticket issued (to stop people being clever and paying May to July, getting the ticket then cancelling).

Having such a scheme might have less impact on renewals as well. Once people are in the habit of paying month by month, I reckon you'd get a lot fewer people cancelling the subscription than we have currently deciding whether they can afford to fork out for a new season ticket.

My Sky Bill keeps going up (and not cos of the 9XX channels) but I never cancel my subscription. However I reckon if I had to pay for a full year up front every summer, I'd put a lot more thought into whether I renewed or not.
Lets Price the fans in next season on 23:17 - Jan 27 with 1820 viewsoddjob007

Lets Price the fans in next season on 18:20 - Jan 27 by ColDale

I think something like this could be a massive difference to those committing. If a direct debit was set up in such a way that from June onwards, fans paid a twelvth of the season ticket prices every month. Tickets could be collected / mailed out rather than a season ticket issued (to stop people being clever and paying May to July, getting the ticket then cancelling).

Having such a scheme might have less impact on renewals as well. Once people are in the habit of paying month by month, I reckon you'd get a lot fewer people cancelling the subscription than we have currently deciding whether they can afford to fork out for a new season ticket.

My Sky Bill keeps going up (and not cos of the 9XX channels) but I never cancel my subscription. However I reckon if I had to pay for a full year up front every summer, I'd put a lot more thought into whether I renewed or not.

That's a great idea Col. However if it is to be done properly it would require some investment in systems and processes, or it has disaster written all over it. Given the fact we've become rather sack happy with managers of late, dwindling attendences and no recent revenue generating player sales, I'd imagine projects like this would be put on the backburner in the short term.

Whatever happened to the digital turnstiles idea? In a perfect world it would all be linked up - similar to getting into a gym, you cancel your direct debit, they don't let you in.
Lets Price the fans in next season on 02:37 - Jan 28 with 1796 viewspioneer

Lets Price the fans in next season on 23:17 - Jan 27 by oddjob007

That's a great idea Col. However if it is to be done properly it would require some investment in systems and processes, or it has disaster written all over it. Given the fact we've become rather sack happy with managers of late, dwindling attendences and no recent revenue generating player sales, I'd imagine projects like this would be put on the backburner in the short term.

Whatever happened to the digital turnstiles idea? In a perfect world it would all be linked up - similar to getting into a gym, you cancel your direct debit, they don't let you in.

We didnt do projects like these when we werent sacking managers and were winning games - lets face it we will never do it because we like the little Rochdale tag.
Lets Price the fans in next season on 08:18 - Jan 28 with 1765 viewsBlueDutch

Lets Price the fans in next season on 18:20 - Jan 27 by ColDale

Could perhaps do that and issue a half season ticket (which by the time the season starts they will have paid a fair bit towards). I reckon it would have to start May not June as May we usually have very few games. Then the other half in January. Just thinking aloud, don't beat me up 'bout it.

upthedale.nl

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024