Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back, just. 02:55 - Jan 26 with 5534 viewsR17ALE

Blimey, that was the most arduous journey I've ever undertaken getting home. Typically, the Rochdale roads were by FAR the worst encountered on the journey with the home stretch of the M62 quite terrifying. The M6 wasn't much fun either but at least this motorway had been gritted and salted so everything kept moving, despite only the inside lane being negotiable. We had to alight the M62 at Milnrow coming home through town only to find our main trunk roads just passable in 2nd gear at 10mph.

Anyway, enough of the travel chaos. We decided pretty much last minute to go, despite not having a full car and set off just after 4 arriving in good time anxious to see if Hilly could instigate some immediate change to the rabble rousers he has inherited.

The line up was pretty similar with Jk returning for BBM. The 3 Degees led the line whilst Haworth was on the bench.

It was a bitterly cold night behind the net, and the second half brought quite heavy rain and a strong swirling wind. All this culminated in a scrappy encounter, which the weather won as neither side edged it and there are no decent chances or incidents to comment upon.

One or two things of note were apparent however. Occasional glimpses of good team play moving the ball quickly and accurately through the different departments of the team were pleasing to note.

The discipline seemed different also. Not once did our players surround the ref and I only saw one innocuous dive near the touchline by Tutte (after he'd been fouled a second earlier tbf).

Grimes was most industrious and looked our best threat. Given Hillys track record at polishing up strikers, this is one partnership to watch. Dele came on for 20 minutes and looked hopeless. We joked amongst ourselves that Hilly's first words to Dele on Monday were, "fooking hell Dele. Are you still playing?" given the number of times Hill must have marked the striker in his own playing career!

Cheltenham were nowt special, and although we finally kept a clean sheet, we did not look comfortable at the back ever, although Lillis barely had a save to make. Indeed, we were the more threatening of the two sides without ever looking likely to score. Cav had a decent game but has this knack of mis-placing crucial passes when well placed. Still a lack of width, but Hill can only pick from the players we have and Barcelona don't use wingers either! We heard his next two targets are a winger and a defender, via a mole.

No point really marking the players....they can all have a 7 (each) for showing willing on a horrid night against one of the better sides and refusing to buckle. The work rate was there, and the Scouseness was mostly absent.

My final thought was: imagine being underwater for as long as your body can take it. When you are losing your mind you finally gasp air. Tonight was that air.

It was worth it!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Just got back, just. on 08:58 - Jan 27 with 812 viewsTalkingSutty

Just got back, just. on 13:29 - Jan 26 by PDIDDY

Go to the boat noodle bar in krabbi, great grub, where you staying?

Staying at Khao Lak about 100km up from Phuket. It isnt the Thailand that R17ALE described to me , but if you like great beaches and romantic places to eat its a great spot. The wife is happy so thats what counts.

We have a car so i am the glorified taxi driver really.
Just got back, just. on 10:53 - Jan 27 with 734 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back, just. on 08:58 - Jan 27 by TalkingSutty

Staying at Khao Lak about 100km up from Phuket. It isnt the Thailand that R17ALE described to me , but if you like great beaches and romantic places to eat its a great spot. The wife is happy so thats what counts.

We have a car so i am the glorified taxi driver really.

Is that better or worse than a glorified ambulance driver?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024