Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" 14:16 - Feb 7 with 4665 viewsJamie

http://www.london24.com/sport/comment_fernandes_keeps_making_the_same_mistakes_a
"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 14:29 - Feb 7 with 3664 viewskingo

So good old Ben Kosky expects little old QPR to just keep on with a 18000 stadium and be content to sell every decent player we get. That is exactly why we didn't grow as we should have after 75/76 and at various times since. I ma fed up with journalists like Kosky taking the easy route and having a dig at QPR and telling us that we don't deserve to get any bigger. It has not been ideal for TF but he has put his money where his mouth is and that appears to be getting a few feathers ruffled.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

(No subject) on 14:34 - Feb 7 with 3644 viewsQPRDave

QPR....Know your place....
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 14:46 - Feb 7 with 3610 viewsGloucs_R

Kosky is a complete tool. No idea how he makes a living as a journo.

Poll: Are we staying up?

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 15:14 - Feb 7 with 3558 viewsPinnerPaul

Love the bit about TF not realising he has made mistakes.

Did this wonderful journalist miss all the fuss about him stepping down that was splashed everywhere?!

Exactly who are all the home grown talent that Wigan,Swansea and Fulham have produced and sold for huge money?
"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 15:29 - Feb 7 with 3496 viewsnadera78

I was going to post that link earlier but decided not to. The response has been predictable. God forbid that anyone should say a word against TF, or even raise a question.
"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 15:58 - Feb 7 with 3436 viewsblacky200

Talk about living in the dark ages. The problem now is the business model we used so well for many years i.e. buying from the lower leagues, developing them and then selling on a few years later is no longer viable. Any player worth getting from the lower leagues (and even youth levels in a lot of cases) are quickly snapped up by the so called big clubs and stockpiled in their ever expanding academies.
Yes in some respects he is right. 15 players every year is way too much but what we need to do is get a base of players that can compete and then add improvements to that squad while getting rid of the players at the "bottom of the pile".
With regards to the 30,000-40,000 stadium then I suspect this is more about a concert venue which can be used more for other events than football.
"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 16:19 - Feb 7 with 3395 viewsQPR_Jim

"Never mind the players ‘inherited’ by Fernandes, what of the clutch of signings made during that first season back in the top flight — 15 in total? Where are they now?

Joey Barton, Anton Ferdinand and Djibril Cisse are all in exile overseas but still under contract for some time, with DJ Campbell likely to join them when the loan window opens.

Three more have been released. Luke Young has disappeared off the face of the earth, Shaun Wright-Phillips — aside from his winner at Stamford Bridge — has done next to nothing and it’s fair to say that Bobby Zamora, Armand Traore and Samba Diakite all have their critics."

Name the 15 players signed by Fernandez last season! There wasn't 15, you can only make it 15 players signed last season if you include those signed by NW prior to the takeover, DJ Campbell being one of them.

Which three have been released? My guess would be Gabbidon, Dyer and Perone all of which were inherited signings. So that's just wrong.

Even if TF signed all those players the fault would still be with the manager for picking poorly, TF has backed the managers and has been misguided especially with Hughes but it's hard to blame him for putting faith into people that were employed with supposedly superior football knowledge.

This guy also fails to mention the plans for new training facilities. He deciding rather to focus on the stadium which TF has prioritised behind Warren farm and rightly so.
"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 16:22 - Feb 7 with 3389 viewsTGRRRSSS

Is Kosky actually a QR fan, he seems to critiscised the club come rain or shine.
It's fair to say Fernandes has made mistakes but I'd guess he didnt have that much option just unlucky with the signings made by others I guess.
Login to get fewer ads

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 16:41 - Feb 7 with 3345 viewsdaveB

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 16:22 - Feb 7 by TGRRRSSS

Is Kosky actually a QR fan, he seems to critiscised the club come rain or shine.
It's fair to say Fernandes has made mistakes but I'd guess he didnt have that much option just unlucky with the signings made by others I guess.

he is a qpr fan just very disillusioned with the last two boards at qpr
"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 16:47 - Feb 7 with 3330 viewswombat

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 16:41 - Feb 7 by daveB

think hes just not a happy man overall to be honest sounds like a few on the message board actually

first time in my life we have had a chairman who has backed a manager totally with out holding back , he made a mistake yes he backed the wrong manager
he will learn. if TF has booted MH out 4 weeks before we would be outside the bottom 3 no doubt atall in that , he didnt and the rest is history

Poll: which is your favouite foot

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 16:50 - Feb 7 with 3319 viewsKonk

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 15:14 - Feb 7 by PinnerPaul

Love the bit about TF not realising he has made mistakes.

Did this wonderful journalist miss all the fuss about him stepping down that was splashed everywhere?!

Exactly who are all the home grown talent that Wigan,Swansea and Fulham have produced and sold for huge money?

"Exactly who are all the home grown talent that Wigan,Swansea and Fulham have produced and sold for huge money?"

Er, Zat Knight...Zesh Rehman...loads of really good players. Smalling and Sean Davis. We have taken on a few players who've then gone onto bigger things like Finnan, Saha, Dembele, Dempsey and the little known Dutch goalkeeper, EVDS. Got a few hundred grand a pop for Mark Hudson, Dean Pratley and Dean Leacock, but yeah, we've not exactly been churning out the talent over the years.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 16:54 - Feb 7 with 3309 viewsQPRDave

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 16:47 - Feb 7 by wombat

think hes just not a happy man overall to be honest sounds like a few on the message board actually

first time in my life we have had a chairman who has backed a manager totally with out holding back , he made a mistake yes he backed the wrong manager
he will learn. if TF has booted MH out 4 weeks before we would be outside the bottom 3 no doubt atall in that , he didnt and the rest is history

Agree we have never had backing like this ever
"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 16:57 - Feb 7 with 3296 viewsQPRDave

Wikipedia

Fulham signed Knight from Rushall Olympic on a free transfer in 1999. As Knight was not a professionally contracted player to Olympic, Fulham were not obliged to pay a fee for him, but sent the club 30 tracksuits as a gesture of thanks
"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 17:02 - Feb 7 with 3283 viewsPinnerPaul

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 16:50 - Feb 7 by Konk

"Exactly who are all the home grown talent that Wigan,Swansea and Fulham have produced and sold for huge money?"

Er, Zat Knight...Zesh Rehman...loads of really good players. Smalling and Sean Davis. We have taken on a few players who've then gone onto bigger things like Finnan, Saha, Dembele, Dempsey and the little known Dutch goalkeeper, EVDS. Got a few hundred grand a pop for Mark Hudson, Dean Pratley and Dean Leacock, but yeah, we've not exactly been churning out the talent over the years.

with all due respect Hudson, Pratley and Leacock can hardly be called big stars and you're have a hard job convincing anyone on here that Zesh Rehman went on to better things!

You can't count EVDS as home grown either!

Our journalist friend seems to have forgotten a certain Raheem Sterling as well btw!
"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 17:05 - Feb 7 with 3276 viewsKonk

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 17:02 - Feb 7 by PinnerPaul

with all due respect Hudson, Pratley and Leacock can hardly be called big stars and you're have a hard job convincing anyone on here that Zesh Rehman went on to better things!

You can't count EVDS as home grown either!

Our journalist friend seems to have forgotten a certain Raheem Sterling as well btw!

To be fair, EVDS had only played for Ajax, Juve and the Dutch national team before he signed for us - it was at Fulham were he really made his name.

Zat Knight - £4.5m from Villa - best bit of business ever.

Zesh Rehman - Never sign a player who's name begins with zed (see above and Ned Zelic for further explanation)

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 17:17 - Feb 7 with 3248 viewsN12Hoop

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 17:05 - Feb 7 by Konk

To be fair, EVDS had only played for Ajax, Juve and the Dutch national team before he signed for us - it was at Fulham were he really made his name.

Zat Knight - £4.5m from Villa - best bit of business ever.

Zesh Rehman - Never sign a player who's name begins with zed (see above and Ned Zelic for further explanation)

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 18:10 - Feb 7 with 3154 viewsMedwayR

Can't count Smalling as home grown, signed from Maidstone Utd wasn't he?

I think Fernandes has done everything asked of him, managers moan all the time about not getting backing from the owners but Fernandes backed Hughes & when it wasn't working Hughes should have had the decency to say thanks but it's not working & walk away from the job, after the way Fernandes was let down by Hughes no one could blame Fernandes for changing his tune towards managers but he is still backing his manager, he deserves credit for that.

Poll: Who’s better?

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 18:40 - Feb 7 with 3100 viewsTHEBUSH

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 16:41 - Feb 7 by daveB

Kosky a hard man to please, not happy with under investment and now not happy with over investment.
Just what doe's he want, perhaps he thinks he can do better !!
"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 20:32 - Feb 7 with 3026 viewsderbyhoop

We are hard to please. Kosky is saying what many fans have been thinking. Even with a bit of journalistic license.

I also think it's unfair to have a go at Konk when he comes back with facts about Fulham's ability to sell players for a good deal more than they paid for them. So what if Smalling cam from Maidstone. They still made a healthy profit when he signed for Man U. That is exactly what we used to do with players like Les Ferdinand (from Hayes), Andy Sinton (Cambridge), Trevor Sinclair (Blackpool).

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 20:56 - Feb 7 with 2984 viewsDylanP

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 20:32 - Feb 7 by derbyhoop

We are hard to please. Kosky is saying what many fans have been thinking. Even with a bit of journalistic license.

I also think it's unfair to have a go at Konk when he comes back with facts about Fulham's ability to sell players for a good deal more than they paid for them. So what if Smalling cam from Maidstone. They still made a healthy profit when he signed for Man U. That is exactly what we used to do with players like Les Ferdinand (from Hayes), Andy Sinton (Cambridge), Trevor Sinclair (Blackpool).

What would Adel be worth if we sold him? 5 million? 10 million? 15million? I believe we got him on a free and I can't imagine him going for less than 5M or 10 million, to be honest. Of course, we are just building a base right now, so obviously we are not going to be in selling mode.

The argument doesn't make any sense. We can't rebuild the base and be a selling team at the same time. There has to be a bit of breathing room between the two. What team comes up from a lower division and immediately becomes a selling team?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 17:19 - Feb 8 with 2903 viewsPinnerPaul

Sigh!

I know, not only should we not be buying players but all the ones who leave we should make a profit on!

Oh while you're at it Tony,make sure the team is in the top 6, we have a new training ground ,a brand new full 40,000 stadium every week.

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 17:29 - Feb 8 with 2892 viewsStraightR

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 20:56 - Feb 7 by DylanP

What would Adel be worth if we sold him? 5 million? 10 million? 15million? I believe we got him on a free and I can't imagine him going for less than 5M or 10 million, to be honest. Of course, we are just building a base right now, so obviously we are not going to be in selling mode.

The argument doesn't make any sense. We can't rebuild the base and be a selling team at the same time. There has to be a bit of breathing room between the two. What team comes up from a lower division and immediately becomes a selling team?

I think we bought Adel for £1 million. But there's a sell on clause and Spurs get 40%(?) of any proceeds.
"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 17:46 - Feb 8 with 2865 viewsAntti_Heinola

Not a fan of Kosky or his writing to be honest. This line, high up in the piece is particularly dumbfounding:

"Firstly, Fernandes’ over-use of the word ‘project’ — an unpleasant echo of the Flavio Briatore regime — should set alarm bells ringing, but that is just a minor issue."

Yes, it is a minor issue - actually, it's an irrelevant one, Ben and if it's so minor, why is it your first point? You're criticising someone for using similar language to someone else? TF is often referring his long term plan for the club. What word would you prefer him to use? Idiotic. And 'alarm-bells'? Really? HE SAID PROJECT! DING DING DING DING DING DING! Grow up, Ben.

'Luke young has dropped off the face of the earth.'

It has been widely reported that Young is injured and may even retire. Shoddy.

Of course TF has made mistakes, but mainly that has been in backing his manager. I am also wary of our future, but I don't think there's anything wrong in trusting TF. This article sounds like a personal attack short on facts and high on personal opinion. He says QPR should be a community club, but fails to make any positive point about the outstanding community work the club is doing now - this is down to Andy Evans of course, but it could only have been done with the support of the current board and Amit Bhatia previously.

As for the 30,000 stadium stuff, Kosky again needs to look and think harder. Few realise that Arsenal were not even selling out Highbury in the mid-90s. Now, a new stadium later, they get 60k every week. QPR used to attract well over 30k during the years of terracing and every time we have a big game now, demand for tickets vastly outstrips supply. Building a new stadium for 25k is, frankly, pointless. A Premier League QPR with good facilities and a comfortable stadium would easily get enough home and away fans to justify a 30k stadium at least. Not saying it would be full every week, but few grounds are sold out every week.

Plus, I've seen and heard TF apologise for mistakes and acknowledge them several times, so Kosky's reporting is profoundly selective.

Bare bones.

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 17:49 - Feb 8 with 2863 viewsAntti_Heinola

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 16:50 - Feb 7 by Konk

Well, let's not get into Smalling, shall we? Was playing for Maidstone, the General Manager of Maidstone recommended him personally to Hodgson, you took him, he played a few times, then before Maidstone could be due the nice small payment they deserved, you shipped him to United for a fat profit and refused to even give Maidstone a few measly grand that would have made a tremendous difference as they fought to get back into their town. So, you know, take Smalling out of that, because you got very, very lucky there.

Bare bones.

"Fernandes keeps making the same mistakes" on 18:06 - Feb 8 with 2848 viewsbaz_qpr

I do think there is an element with Kosky of being the first to shout B'stard and then when the wheels do finally come off can say I told you so.

I also think there is some rose tinted views held by many of the wilderness years, where I remember it as the club being constantly under threat. When we did come into money its the club is under threat. The club seems to have been "under threat" for the last 12 years
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024