Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jermaine jeans today 00:42 - Feb 10 with 2338 viewswombat

Hate to single one player out for today's performance but he was truely awful, no no tackling no effort, it would be generous to say he was a passenger but he wasn't even that effective , I know he hasn't played much but I don't think he touched the ball for 25mins in the first half .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Jermaine jeans today on 01:38 - Feb 10 with 2260 viewsJHoop

He did make one truly stupendous lunge at a Swansea player though, the same kind of lunge he made at a Norwich player last week.
Jermaine jeans today on 01:50 - Feb 10 with 2241 viewsozexile

Work this out
We've got a half fit Keeper playing in front of a half fit centre back who in turn is paying behind a half fit Centre Mid. Who in turn is playing with no forwards in front of him.
Menwhile we have a Fully Fit GK on the bench.
A Fully fit midfielder at Palermo and 2 Fully fit strikers on loan at other clubs
And we're a professional outfit??
Jermaine jeans today on 02:02 - Feb 10 with 2222 viewsharvey

Jermaine jeans today on 01:50 - Feb 10 by ozexile

Work this out
We've got a half fit Keeper playing in front of a half fit centre back who in turn is paying behind a half fit Centre Mid. Who in turn is playing with no forwards in front of him.
A Fully fit midfielder at Palermo and 2 Fully fit strikers on loan at other clubs

I've worked it out. AJ should have played upfront, simple.
Jermaine jeans today on 08:33 - Feb 10 with 2070 viewscollegeranger

Work this out

Jermaine jeans today on 09:02 - Feb 10 with 2015 viewsyankranger

Work this out

Ha - very true and sad at the same time.
Jermaine jeans today on 09:39 - Feb 10 with 1946 viewsSharpy

Work this out

Then we release a player we have spent the best part of 2 years getting fit in Kieron dyer, to only then go and replace him with Jenas ?

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

Jermaine jeans today on 09:48 - Feb 10 with 1915 viewsozexile

Jermaine jeans today on 09:39 - Feb 10 by Sharpy

Then we release a player we have spent the best part of 2 years getting fit in Kieron dyer, to only then go and replace him with Jenas ?

Amazing isn't it.
We are desperate for goals and loan out our top scorer?
Which then totally negates our top creator of goals?
Would Lee Westwood go into a major without his putter?
Would Federer go into Wimbledon with a racket he's never used?
Only at QPR could we do this.
Jermaine jeans today on 09:53 - Feb 10 with 1899 viewsPhilmyRs

I would cut him some slack, first start in a while. The worst mistake of the day was starting a midfield of Jenas, Mbia and Derry. As soon as I saw it I new we would struggle. No passing ability. As soon as Granero came on we looked so much better. Interestingly it was the 2 favourites - Mackie and Derry that made way.
Login to get fewer ads

Jermaine jeans today on 10:07 - Feb 10 with 1862 viewsTW_R

Jermaine jeans today on 09:53 - Feb 10 by PhilmyRs

I would cut him some slack, first start in a while. The worst mistake of the day was starting a midfield of Jenas, Mbia and Derry. As soon as I saw it I new we would struggle. No passing ability. As soon as Granero came on we looked so much better. Interestingly it was the 2 favourites - Mackie and Derry that made way.

Don't be daft. It's much better to slate the guy. Then we can boo him next week.

We set up with a 5 man midfield to nullify the Swansea threat and that went out the window in the first 20 minutes. Swansea got a large slice of luck for both goals but the midfield let Dyer stroll around at will for the first goal and Mackie was ball watching for the second. Changes should have been made earlier.
Jermaine jeans today on 10:24 - Feb 10 with 1820 viewsDesertBoot

Work this out

Don't know whether to laugh or cry. You've hit the nail on head dead centre.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Jermaine jeans today on 10:33 - Feb 10 with 1791 viewsNeil_SI

Jenas just didn't really get into the game, but that was the case for a lot of them as well. The match just passed them by and a lot of it was because Swansea were just too slick and well drilled.

They knew how to close down the space and angles when they didn't have the ball, which made us give it right back to them, and when they had the ball, they knew how to suck us in and out of shape to the point that we lost our shape and ability to keep shape and when the holes and gaps appeared, they exploited with ease.

I look at those kind of games and sometimes I'm like...well I can see what's happening from the stand. It's obvious, although it's subtle and on a technical and tactical level. The players though, don't seem to notice it, or rather, they do notice, but they don't understand what is happening or why. Maybe it's because they can't see an overview of the pitch, but that signals a lack of nous and game intelligence. You have to map what's going on at ground level, as you would imagine seeing it from up high like you were in the stands.

The best players can link the two and relate passages of play, patterns and movements with a third "instinctive" eye and be able to lead and put fires out or stem the tide a bit with strong communication and then carrying out the most effective type of game plan.

Here in this match, the two full backs just couldn't stop giving the ball away. It made it really hard to maintain possession and any decent shape. That for me, if I was on the pitch, would have been what I addressed first.

As for Jenas, it is a bit early, he does need some games, but that's the problem for QPR — they can't afford in this situation to be waiting on players getting up to speed, or suffering minor injuries and so on. Everybody's got to be at their best week in, week out now, otherwise it's going curtains pretty fast.
Jermaine jeans today on 10:37 - Feb 10 with 1782 viewssmegma

Our 5 man midfield looked like they hadn't played together before.

As they hadn't. They also looked like they didn't know the meaning of the words close down or tackle.
Jermaine jeans today on 10:40 - Feb 10 with 1769 viewsdanehoop

Jermaine jeans today on 10:33 - Feb 10 by Neil_SI

Jenas just didn't really get into the game, but that was the case for a lot of them as well. The match just passed them by and a lot of it was because Swansea were just too slick and well drilled.

They knew how to close down the space and angles when they didn't have the ball, which made us give it right back to them, and when they had the ball, they knew how to suck us in and out of shape to the point that we lost our shape and ability to keep shape and when the holes and gaps appeared, they exploited with ease.

I look at those kind of games and sometimes I'm like...well I can see what's happening from the stand. It's obvious, although it's subtle and on a technical and tactical level. The players though, don't seem to notice it, or rather, they do notice, but they don't understand what is happening or why. Maybe it's because they can't see an overview of the pitch, but that signals a lack of nous and game intelligence. You have to map what's going on at ground level, as you would imagine seeing it from up high like you were in the stands.

The best players can link the two and relate passages of play, patterns and movements with a third "instinctive" eye and be able to lead and put fires out or stem the tide a bit with strong communication and then carrying out the most effective type of game plan.

Here in this match, the two full backs just couldn't stop giving the ball away. It made it really hard to maintain possession and any decent shape. That for me, if I was on the pitch, would have been what I addressed first.

As for Jenas, it is a bit early, he does need some games, but that's the problem for QPR — they can't afford in this situation to be waiting on players getting up to speed, or suffering minor injuries and so on. Everybody's got to be at their best week in, week out now, otherwise it's going curtains pretty fast.

Damn I so hate it when someone makes a clearly well thought through and intelligent post on a generally well balanced and amusing thread.

Why can't we all just scream and look for attention by demanding something utterly pointless and asserting opinion as a fact?

Never knowingly understood

Jermaine jeans today on 10:46 - Feb 10 with 1749 viewsdaveB

hard to blame the midfield when they had no forward to pass to so everything had to be sideways or backwards and Swansea just put pressure on us. When we did bring a forward on we looked a better side
Jermaine jeans today on 10:50 - Feb 10 with 1729 viewsJamie

Jenas has barely played in 2 years. Sunday league players across the country are more match fit.
Jermaine jeans today on 11:24 - Feb 10 with 1655 viewsTW_R

Jermaine jeans today on 10:46 - Feb 10 by daveB

hard to blame the midfield when they had no forward to pass to so everything had to be sideways or backwards and Swansea just put pressure on us. When we did bring a forward on we looked a better side

Sorry Dave, but they scored after 8 minutes with a simple pass straight down the middle of the pitch.
Jermaine jeans today on 12:29 - Feb 10 with 1565 viewsRs_Holy

Jermaine jeans today on 10:50 - Feb 10 by Jamie

Jenas has barely played in 2 years. Sunday league players across the country are more match fit.

Looking at the fans player ratings 3 players scored worse than Jenas.... Hill, Derry and with less than 2/10 Jamie Mackie.... We were poor yesterday with too many players simply not at the races.
Jermaine jeans today on 15:19 - Feb 10 with 1422 viewsAntti_Heinola

Not going to slate Jenas, because it was and is obvious he is a terrible, terrible signing and I can't understand for the life of me why we've taken him. Blame lies with Harry I'm afraid - if Hughes had made this signing people would have been going apesh!t. A player whose career ended a few years ago.

Bare bones.

Jermaine jeans today on 15:50 - Feb 10 with 1383 viewsNeil_SI

Jermaine jeans today on 15:19 - Feb 10 by Antti_Heinola

Not going to slate Jenas, because it was and is obvious he is a terrible, terrible signing and I can't understand for the life of me why we've taken him. Blame lies with Harry I'm afraid - if Hughes had made this signing people would have been going apesh!t. A player whose career ended a few years ago.

I don't blame Harry about that at all. In many ways our transfer window business reflected positively on players themselves and told a story of what the market is like out there.

The two high profile players we managed to convince to come here came at a huge cost, breaking our transfer record twice, which is incredible. But they came with their own caveats — Christopher Samba was unhappy in Russia and we probably were the only side willing to meet the kind of financial outlay for him both in terms of transfer fee and salary. I think other clubs were probably questioning the value of the overall package when you consider the Russian League is also in the middle of a winter break, so his fitness levels may mean he couldn't make an immediate impact. They were probably wary about his decision to go to Russia in the first place too.

In Loic Remy's case, he's unproven at Premier League level and has had a stop start season. His valuation has dropped, but he's still a relatively expensive signing and also comes with a lucrative salary package. I'm not sure other clubs wanted to be the ones who gave him that trial run, but I think we probably managed to convince him to come here when you've players like Demba Ba who came and went to West Ham United, acclimatised to the league and has since gone on to Newcastle United and Chelsea. It's one way to sell it to them and pay them great at the same time.

But when it comes to proven players, and especially British based players, we didn't really get any of the targets that Redknapp wanted. The likes of Jake Livermore, Joe Cole, Peter Crouch, Jonas Olsson and Peter Odemwingie were all mentioned, but none came. I'm certain there will have been many more who said "thanks, but no thanks" too.

Whether it's because the board couldn't close the deals, or whether it reflects a more sensible picture — that the players themselves didn't see it as a sensible career move, who knows? But I think it's one or both of those reasons and it pleases me more if it's the latter, because it gives me faith that not as many footballers are driven by financial motives as we may perceive from the outside and not all of them are stupid enough to come to such a fractured football club.

We didn't treat Robert Green very well at all, and the board allowed that to happen as much as Mark Hughes did. That kind of treatment and stuff sticks with players and they know not to trust those who behave like that. I said at the time I was grossly unhappy with the club's conduct with that particular case, no matter how good Julio Cesar is or turns out to be for Rangers. It's the long term damage that can do, in terms of the clubs image and how it treats its own.

Andros Townsend was available on loan, so he could come here safely to develop and work on his game and might have even saw a relegation scrap as beneficial to his development so he understands the experience. For Jermaine Jenas, it was probably down to a case of an experienced player who knows his time is up at Spurs and is willing to get back on the football train to see what's left. I think he does have a good attitude, but he probably didn't have any other offers of Premier League football and winded up here because Redknapp knows him well.

Redknapp went for players he knew from Spurs because he probably thinks it's better not to risk on too many he doesn't. He'll know what he can get from them and whether he can rely on them or not.

On a similar note, all of the players we probably wanted to shift, we understandably struggled with. There were not many takers for our lot, probably based on salary demands and the perception of bad attitude. A sensible club stays away from those that they fear may be bad eggs.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Jermaine jeans today on 16:53 - Feb 10 with 1313 viewsLandofoz89

My spurs mate reckons he was injured for a majority of his time there.

Meet me by the railway track

Jermaine jeans today on 20:17 - Feb 10 with 1149 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jermaine jeans today on 15:50 - Feb 10 by Neil_SI

I don't blame Harry about that at all. In many ways our transfer window business reflected positively on players themselves and told a story of what the market is like out there.

The two high profile players we managed to convince to come here came at a huge cost, breaking our transfer record twice, which is incredible. But they came with their own caveats — Christopher Samba was unhappy in Russia and we probably were the only side willing to meet the kind of financial outlay for him both in terms of transfer fee and salary. I think other clubs were probably questioning the value of the overall package when you consider the Russian League is also in the middle of a winter break, so his fitness levels may mean he couldn't make an immediate impact. They were probably wary about his decision to go to Russia in the first place too.

In Loic Remy's case, he's unproven at Premier League level and has had a stop start season. His valuation has dropped, but he's still a relatively expensive signing and also comes with a lucrative salary package. I'm not sure other clubs wanted to be the ones who gave him that trial run, but I think we probably managed to convince him to come here when you've players like Demba Ba who came and went to West Ham United, acclimatised to the league and has since gone on to Newcastle United and Chelsea. It's one way to sell it to them and pay them great at the same time.

But when it comes to proven players, and especially British based players, we didn't really get any of the targets that Redknapp wanted. The likes of Jake Livermore, Joe Cole, Peter Crouch, Jonas Olsson and Peter Odemwingie were all mentioned, but none came. I'm certain there will have been many more who said "thanks, but no thanks" too.

Whether it's because the board couldn't close the deals, or whether it reflects a more sensible picture — that the players themselves didn't see it as a sensible career move, who knows? But I think it's one or both of those reasons and it pleases me more if it's the latter, because it gives me faith that not as many footballers are driven by financial motives as we may perceive from the outside and not all of them are stupid enough to come to such a fractured football club.

We didn't treat Robert Green very well at all, and the board allowed that to happen as much as Mark Hughes did. That kind of treatment and stuff sticks with players and they know not to trust those who behave like that. I said at the time I was grossly unhappy with the club's conduct with that particular case, no matter how good Julio Cesar is or turns out to be for Rangers. It's the long term damage that can do, in terms of the clubs image and how it treats its own.

Andros Townsend was available on loan, so he could come here safely to develop and work on his game and might have even saw a relegation scrap as beneficial to his development so he understands the experience. For Jermaine Jenas, it was probably down to a case of an experienced player who knows his time is up at Spurs and is willing to get back on the football train to see what's left. I think he does have a good attitude, but he probably didn't have any other offers of Premier League football and winded up here because Redknapp knows him well.

Redknapp went for players he knew from Spurs because he probably thinks it's better not to risk on too many he doesn't. He'll know what he can get from them and whether he can rely on them or not.

On a similar note, all of the players we probably wanted to shift, we understandably struggled with. There were not many takers for our lot, probably based on salary demands and the perception of bad attitude. A sensible club stays away from those that they fear may be bad eggs.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Excellent post, Neil.
The problem is, Jenas has been injured for the best part of 2 years. He may have 'experience', but so what? If you're not much good and haven't been effective at Premier League level for two years or more, what does that experience count for? Is he better than Faurlin, who was having a poor season? No. Is he better than Mbia? No. Is he better than Derry - technically, probably, but one of them has had some great games in the Prem in the last 18 months and his name isn't Jermaine. Is he better than Park? Possibly. But Park has all the experience you mention that Jenas has and what has that got us, exactly?
It's an awful signing, and I know JJ is a nice guy, an intelligent guy, a fairly grounded human being. And he may have come to us for the right reasons. But he's still, now, a poor player, and that isn't going to change. It just isn't. He's going to bring us nothing we didn't already have. And we've got him for 18 months. To me, it's an inexplicable signing. Townsend - fine - good, young, hungry player who we might even sign even if we go down. Jenas? No. Sorry, I don't care what the market conditions are, it's a woeful signing, as bad as any signing made by Hughes and, worse still, making the same mistake s Hughes - 'here's a well known player with experience of this league and a club doesn't want him - we'll have him, then.' Waste of time.

Bare bones.

Jermaine jeans today on 21:20 - Feb 10 with 1087 viewsNeil_SI

Jermaine jeans today on 20:17 - Feb 10 by Antti_Heinola

Excellent post, Neil.
The problem is, Jenas has been injured for the best part of 2 years. He may have 'experience', but so what? If you're not much good and haven't been effective at Premier League level for two years or more, what does that experience count for? Is he better than Faurlin, who was having a poor season? No. Is he better than Mbia? No. Is he better than Derry - technically, probably, but one of them has had some great games in the Prem in the last 18 months and his name isn't Jermaine. Is he better than Park? Possibly. But Park has all the experience you mention that Jenas has and what has that got us, exactly?
It's an awful signing, and I know JJ is a nice guy, an intelligent guy, a fairly grounded human being. And he may have come to us for the right reasons. But he's still, now, a poor player, and that isn't going to change. It just isn't. He's going to bring us nothing we didn't already have. And we've got him for 18 months. To me, it's an inexplicable signing. Townsend - fine - good, young, hungry player who we might even sign even if we go down. Jenas? No. Sorry, I don't care what the market conditions are, it's a woeful signing, as bad as any signing made by Hughes and, worse still, making the same mistake s Hughes - 'here's a well known player with experience of this league and a club doesn't want him - we'll have him, then.' Waste of time.

Cheers. But yeah, I suppose what I was also trying to say is that a player like Jenas and his associated problems was actually all Redknapp could get in the end. The reality is we couldn't convince anybody with better prospects to come here, even those who were better than he was desperate for a favour from.

A lot of managers like to sign players that they know and understand well, and he will know what Jenas can and can't do, and what his attitude will be like more than any of the players he's been working with over recent weeks. For me it's a fallback and safety mechanism and probably these two players were literally his last chance saloon and at the bottom of his most wanted list.

Another way you can look at it is Jenas and Townsend know what Redknapp and his staff want to do on the training pitch, and how he expects the team to play and react to certain situations. He'll hope that they can settle in and help the other players understand more quickly with them leading by example at the right times, so they may have an additional benefit off the pitch.

Jenas did well when he came on against Norwich as well. It was a cameo, but he held the ball well and put his foot on it at the right times, and at others, he kept the play moving and the pressure on by making the right pass at the right time. He showed better nous than most of our midfielders have all season in that short period.

If he can produce that type of performance more often, then great, it will be really useful. But if he turns up and lets the match pass him by like yesterday — then not so obviously. Time will tell...let's see. It could be either of course and I'm as disappointed as anybody that Alejandro Faurlin has moved away on loan, but he wasn't in form and I don't think we managed him correctly since his return from injury either. You could argue that there is an element of just freshening the place up with different faces too. Sometimes that does have it's benefits I guess, and maybe Redknapp also considered that as part of why he brought those players here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024