Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
wembley 1994 16:53 - Feb 12 with 2338 viewssherpajacob

Why can't we score goals like this any more?

Route 1 ball from swans greatest ever legend to Mcfarlane (that was the only time in his career the ball didn't go 90 degrees of his shin.)

Anybody remember the shirt with the ACTION sponsors logo that weighed more than the shirt itself.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

wembley 1994 on 18:03 - Feb 12 with 2318 viewsBanosswan

I had the yellow action Jersey. That logo was something else.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

wembley 1994 on 21:29 - Feb 12 with 2305 viewsandyjack

wembley 1994 on 18:03 - Feb 12 by Banosswan

I had the yellow action Jersey. That logo was something else.

I still got the orange gulf away one. Very tempted to wear that on the 24th.
wembley 1994 on 10:00 - Feb 13 with 2281 viewssherpajacob

wembley 1994 on 21:29 - Feb 12 by andyjack

I still got the orange gulf away one. Very tempted to wear that on the 24th.

I wore the orange/copper gulf oil top to wembley in 1994. it's safetly tucked away in the "memories" box in the loft. tempted to get it back out, might not fit though.

wembley 1994 on 13:23 - Feb 13 with 2261 viewsscottishjack

Andy McFarlane, still can't help but love the guy

What an awful, awful football player, but at Wembley, for just that one moment, he pulled it together
wembley 1994 on 14:08 - Feb 13 with 2255 viewssherpajacob

wembley 1994 on 13:23 - Feb 13 by scottishjack

Andy McFarlane, still can't help but love the guy

What an awful, awful football player, but at Wembley, for just that one moment, he pulled it together

you got it spot on, as a man Andy was out of the top drawer, as a footballer, possibly the least skillful player ever to wear a swans shirt, and there have been a few contenders.

I remember a voice from behind me at an away game ( i think it was the infamous reading '93) summing it up beatufully as the crowd got on his back for another giraffe learning to walk type performance.

"I don't blame mcfarlane for being crap, i blame burrows for picking him, because the man obviously wasn't meant to be a footballer, god meant him to be a plumber or something else, and god is punishing us all for frank burrows trying to turn him into a football player."

having said that, if you are going to produce one bit of skill in your lifetime, where better than at Wembley.

wembley 1994 on 21:14 - Feb 15 with 2220 viewspansypants

wembley 1994 on 14:08 - Feb 13 by sherpajacob

you got it spot on, as a man Andy was out of the top drawer, as a footballer, possibly the least skillful player ever to wear a swans shirt, and there have been a few contenders.

I remember a voice from behind me at an away game ( i think it was the infamous reading '93) summing it up beatufully as the crowd got on his back for another giraffe learning to walk type performance.

"I don't blame mcfarlane for being crap, i blame burrows for picking him, because the man obviously wasn't meant to be a footballer, god meant him to be a plumber or something else, and god is punishing us all for frank burrows trying to turn him into a football player."

having said that, if you are going to produce one bit of skill in your lifetime, where better than at Wembley.

Remember Frank Burrows said , "Man United have Eric Cantona , we have Colin West"

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

wembley 1994 on 07:54 - Feb 16 with 2207 viewsJackflack

Check this out...
The road to Wembley...

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

wembley 1994 on 18:28 - Feb 16 with 2193 viewsruhrjack

wembley 1994 on 07:54 - Feb 16 by Jackflack

Check this out...
The road to Wembley...

Thanks for that
Login to get fewer ads

wembley 1994 on 18:58 - Feb 16 with 2185 viewsGrandPrix

I was only 13 at the time, me and my mate travelled up in the back of a LDV van with my mates brothers,mates and old man.....brilliant time, it was only my second real season of supporting the Swans. Can remember the sheer joy after we won...if I didn't have the bug by then then I sure did after that..dreams were possible!

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024