Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gay footballer 17:42 - Feb 15 with 5736 viewsJamie

English football finally has one.

Robbie Rogers, US international has come out and 'stepped away' from football at the same time.

http://robbierogers8.moonfruit.com/

Bravo sir.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Gay footballer on 18:45 - Feb 15 with 4790 viewsHook

Robbie Rogers Who?
Gay footballer on 18:47 - Feb 15 with 4780 viewsQPRDave

Is that his name........or favourite past-time
Gay footballer on 21:01 - Feb 15 with 4635 viewsDylanP

Gay footballer on 18:47 - Feb 15 by QPRDave

Is that his name........or favourite past-time

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Gay footballer on 21:04 - Feb 15 with 4620 viewsTGRRRSSS

Never heared of him, see he's also retired so not technically current.
Besides football has (or had) 2 known gay footballers at Pro level.
Anton Huyseyn and Justin Fashanu
Gay footballer on 21:04 - Feb 15 with 4613 viewsDylanP

I think he played for Leeds before he retired.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Gay footballer on 21:07 - Feb 15 with 4608 viewsTGRRRSSS

Yeah I know and it's quite brave, but I hadn't heared of him.
Gay footballer on 21:21 - Feb 15 with 4579 views0hwestlondon

like everyone never heard of him, but good luck to the fella, whatever floats your boat i suppose, why quit the game though? is he running away? in this day and age i don't think he would get dogs abuse for revealing he is gay, hardly stop the press news though, unlike Pistorous now that is a shocker.
Gay footballer on 22:03 - Feb 15 with 4557 viewsqprwpg

It had to happen some time, I thought someone would come out long time ago.

Anyways, couldn't resist sharing this

Twitter: @qprwpg

Login to get fewer ads

Gay footballer on 22:21 - Feb 15 with 4529 viewsJamie

Gay footballer on 21:21 - Feb 15 by 0hwestlondon

like everyone never heard of him, but good luck to the fella, whatever floats your boat i suppose, why quit the game though? is he running away? in this day and age i don't think he would get dogs abuse for revealing he is gay, hardly stop the press news though, unlike Pistorous now that is a shocker.

Implied on his blog post that he played football as a cover for being gay and that now he was out he didn't need it anymore.
Gay footballer on 22:27 - Feb 15 with 4517 viewsCHUBBS

Gay footballer on 22:21 - Feb 15 by Jamie

Implied on his blog post that he played football as a cover for being gay and that now he was out he didn't need it anymore.

That must be what Anton was up to.He never defended the back post.
Gay footballer on 01:21 - Feb 16 with 4433 viewsHollowayRanger

Gay footballer on 22:27 - Feb 15 by CHUBBS

That must be what Anton was up to.He never defended the back post.

and torres always quick to go down!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Gay footballer on 02:13 - Feb 16 with 4417 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

you can tell gay footballers......they run funny

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Gay footballer on 06:22 - Feb 16 with 4394 viewsJAPRANGERS

do they still have communal baths??
Gay footballer on 13:45 - Feb 16 with 4242 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Gay footballer on 23:28 - Feb 16 with 4127 viewsderbyhoop

So what!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Gay footballer on 00:20 - Feb 17 with 4092 viewsTacticalR

At least Martin Samuel will be happy, as he really wanted a gay footballer for Christmas.

Air hostess clique

Gay footballer on 13:38 - Feb 17 with 4004 viewsw12bornnbred

Ashley Cole is an arsenal bandit

Rangers till I'm Sober

Gay footballer on 14:40 - Feb 17 with 3972 viewsloftboy

Gay footballer on 13:38 - Feb 17 by w12bornnbred

Ashley Cole is an arsenal bandit

Just about every company I worked for had gay people, still can't see why footballers are different, once worked with the campest man in Britain, when someone said to him that he was scared of being in the toilets at the same time as him, his response was " do you fancy every woman you meet"
As someone said earlier whatever floats your boat, what people do in their own 4 walls is up to them. Just don't tell me about it.
I can't understand all this gay pride stuff, why do you have to tell the world you like the same sex, I don't have a carnival because I shag women.
So in a nutshell these people making a big fuss about it are drawing the attention and creating a situation that brings the bigots to the forefront.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Gay footballer on 14:58 - Feb 17 with 3957 viewsTacticalR

Gay footballer on 14:40 - Feb 17 by loftboy

Just about every company I worked for had gay people, still can't see why footballers are different, once worked with the campest man in Britain, when someone said to him that he was scared of being in the toilets at the same time as him, his response was " do you fancy every woman you meet"
As someone said earlier whatever floats your boat, what people do in their own 4 walls is up to them. Just don't tell me about it.
I can't understand all this gay pride stuff, why do you have to tell the world you like the same sex, I don't have a carnival because I shag women.
So in a nutshell these people making a big fuss about it are drawing the attention and creating a situation that brings the bigots to the forefront.

I agree with you that it *should* be a private matter. However, the reality is that it hasn't been a private matter and the police spent time arresting gay people in the not too distant past. I don't think you can blame the gay pride gang for doing their 'glad to be gay' thing in a climate where most people thought homosexuality was bad (whether that's still appropriate today is another matter).

As an illustration that all is not quite what it seems, the government's recent legislation actually makes gay marriage *illegal* in the Church of England:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20680924

I also think you have to be a bit careful with the 'bringing the bigots to the forefront' angle, as that could be seen as the same as saying that black people cause racism (not that you were saying that).

That 'shagging women' carnival sounds good though. Or perhaps there should be a general shagging carnival so as not to exclude anybody?

Air hostess clique

Gay footballer on 14:58 - Feb 17 with 3956 viewsNorthernr

I'm with Clive and Loftboy. So what? It's a sexual preference, everybody has them even if it's preferring blondes to brunettes or legs to tits or whatever. Never understood the need for a big announcement or a pride march or whatever. Why should gay footballers come out? We don't know what the straight ones do to get their kicks (apart from Rooney preferring pensioners and Young preferring chat roulette) and we don't really want to know.

If a gay footballer felt the need to tell everybody I don't really know what the Guardian reading public want. Would people take the piss? Yes of course, it's sport, we take the piss out of people with for having long hair, dodgy taste in clothes, starring in crap adverts etc. that's how it is. I don't think there would be any nastiness to it from all but a very tiny minority.

People are creating an issue here where there isn't one. What next, equal rights for footballers with a foot fetish? Gay footballers have equal rights now - they're all out there playing football just the same as everybody else.
Gay footballer on 15:09 - Feb 17 with 3932 viewsTacticalR

Hmmm...what if someone on our team wanted to marry someone from Chelsea? We have to draw the line somewhere.

Air hostess clique

Gay footballer on 15:13 - Feb 17 with 3926 viewsNorthernr

Gay footballer on 15:09 - Feb 17 by TacticalR

Hmmm...what if someone on our team wanted to marry someone from Chelsea? We have to draw the line somewhere.

We've had a gay footballer in our team in the past few seasons. Nobody noticed or cared, which is how it should be.
Gay footballer on 15:25 - Feb 17 with 3908 viewsLandofoz89

He would have given his cause a bigger arena had he carried on playing. Still I suppose he doesn't like the limelight.

Meet me by the railway track

Gay footballer on 15:39 - Feb 17 with 981 viewscjc

Who cares, unfortunately though at a match it would be the first thing some idiot fans would target and make his life hell.

Sad but true, but it does seem a football problem only.

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Gay footballer on 15:41 - Feb 17 with 973 viewsloftboy

Gay footballer on 15:13 - Feb 17 by Northernr

We've had a gay footballer in our team in the past few seasons. Nobody noticed or cared, which is how it should be.

Hungarian by any chance?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024