Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale's early tv appearances 09:34 - Feb 20 with 7810 viewsDale57

One for the older generation here.Can anyone remember the first time they watched highlights on tv of a Dale game.I know Dale v Coventry was shown and i remember a tuesday night match (i think) when we played Luton away.The camera was behind the goal and our big Reg blasted one over the bar,think we lost 1-0 not sure though.Anyone have any earlier recollections ?
Dale's early tv appearances on 09:54 - Feb 21 with 1492 viewsBigKindo

Dale's early tv appearances on 23:35 - Feb 20 by modelboydave

But have you still for the programme bigkindo?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/69-70-Luton-Town-v-Rochd

I have absolutely no idea.
Dale's early tv appearances on 09:55 - Feb 21 with 1487 viewsSuddenLad

Dale's early tv appearances on 09:54 - Feb 21 by BigKindo

I have absolutely no idea.

I bet you got a beer mat though from the club !!!

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dale's early tv appearances on 16:25 - Feb 21 with 1456 viewsBigKindo

Dale's early tv appearances on 09:55 - Feb 21 by SuddenLad

I bet you got a beer mat though from the club !!!

We went to a posh restaurant in Soho after the match with friends. No beermats but whisper it quietly in case Tazzy is reading this - loads of gravy.
Dale's early tv appearances on 19:42 - Feb 21 with 1428 viewsPerthDale

Dale's early tv appearances on 05:29 - Feb 21 by pioneer

I think we went into the Luton game on top after beating Mansfield in midweek.

Luton leapfrogged us to take top spot off us after 5 days on top.

We were top again in October 1972 - again for a few days only with Grimsby beating us at their place to knock us off.

They remain the highest placings we have achieved (alkthough we were also top of Div 3 north in the 1920s).

I've just checked on statto.com, and the table before the Luton game had Luton on top with a superior goal average, table: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/division-three-old/1969-1970/table/

You are correct that Dale went top for five days when they beat Mansfield away 2-1, but that was on Monday, 3rd November. On the Saturday (8th) Luton went back on top by drawing at home 1 - 1 with Barnsley, while Dale were getting beat 3 - 1 away to Halifax. That is how it stayed until the Luton game two weeks later (presumably it was the FA Cup on the 15th).

I would recommend the statto.com website for confirming the memory (or otherwise!) - it allows you to see the results for each date, and how the table looked at the end of each match day.
Dale's early tv appearances on 19:20 - Feb 22 with 1395 viewspioneer

Dale's early tv appearances on 19:42 - Feb 21 by PerthDale

I've just checked on statto.com, and the table before the Luton game had Luton on top with a superior goal average, table: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/division-three-old/1969-1970/table/

You are correct that Dale went top for five days when they beat Mansfield away 2-1, but that was on Monday, 3rd November. On the Saturday (8th) Luton went back on top by drawing at home 1 - 1 with Barnsley, while Dale were getting beat 3 - 1 away to Halifax. That is how it stayed until the Luton game two weeks later (presumably it was the FA Cup on the 15th).

I would recommend the statto.com website for confirming the memory (or otherwise!) - it allows you to see the results for each date, and how the table looked at the end of each match day.

I knew there was a reason I hated Halifax!

Thanks
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024