Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is you best ever away game following QPR ? 21:09 - Feb 27 with 2973 viewsQPR1882

I have been to some great , great games away following QPR ( to many then i'd like to think off ) i have also been to a lot more shit ones,but could you think of one game that stands out.

Not just for the game it self but i would have to go for Aursberg.
What is you best ever away game following QPR ? on 09:43 - Feb 28 with 633 viewsMelakaRanger

What is you best ever away game following QPR ? on 07:54 - Feb 28 by singapore_dave

A couple for the old gits among us.

Derby 1 QPR 5 (75/76)
Stan hat trick . Derby's first home game after being crowned champions the season before. Mclintock and Webb both injured so we had two debutants at centre back ( Abbott and Tagg ).

Mansfield 0 QPR 7 ( 66/67)
Don't remember as much about this one but I know we stood on the half way line and my Dad had me on his shoulders jumping around when we went 7 nil up.

Villa 1 QPR 2 (67/68)
Promoted to Division 1 for the first time. Loads of Rangers on the pitch at the final whistle including my cousin who lost a shoe. Dad wouldn't let me on because I was too young !

My Dad took me to the Villa game. we caught the supporters coach from Loftus Rd and only just got to Villa in time. We must of had the slowest coach in England!

In fact I think my Dad only ever took me to 2 matches as I used to go with my Granddad for many many years. I don't know why my Granddad didnt go/ couldnt go to the Villa game and I guess I never will!
What is you best ever away game following QPR ? on 09:45 - Feb 28 with 627 viewsTheBlob

What is you best ever away game following QPR ? on 08:21 - Feb 28 by MelakaRanger

May 11th 1968

Away to Aston Villa

Our team of, to all intents and purposes, 3rd division players won the match and promotion to the 1st Division

Now that was a 'team' who played for the club, the supporters and one another - and all for peanuts.

A grand day out.
The Villa played Cliff Richards' "Congratulations" at the end over the PA.Nice touch.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

What is you best ever away game following QPR ? on 09:47 - Feb 28 with 622 viewsHantsR

What is you best ever away game following QPR ? on 07:54 - Feb 28 by singapore_dave

A couple for the old gits among us.

Derby 1 QPR 5 (75/76)
Stan hat trick . Derby's first home game after being crowned champions the season before. Mclintock and Webb both injured so we had two debutants at centre back ( Abbott and Tagg ).

Mansfield 0 QPR 7 ( 66/67)
Don't remember as much about this one but I know we stood on the half way line and my Dad had me on his shoulders jumping around when we went 7 nil up.

Villa 1 QPR 2 (67/68)
Promoted to Division 1 for the first time. Loads of Rangers on the pitch at the final whistle including my cousin who lost a shoe. Dad wouldn't let me on because I was too young !

My first reaction was to name both the Derby 5-1 and the 2-1 Villa games you mention.

I was particularly interested in the fate of your cousin's shoe as I have a vivid memory of a fan running on the pitch at the end of the game, right in front of me and throwing his shoe towards us and into the crowd! (didn't fit btw)
What is you best ever away game following QPR ? on 10:19 - Feb 28 with 599 viewssimmo

Swansea away a few weeks back was up there. Bar 90 mins, the most fun I have had in a car since Lindsey Green and me parked in up in Northam Burrows and put the seats back.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024