Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Run In Games for Us and Rivals 18:10 - Mar 9 with 3254 viewsDylanP

I just looked up the run in for us and the teams we have a reasonable-to-not-overly-optimistic chance of catching. Here are the games plus the number of points likely to be gained --just wild guesses, of course:

QPR (23 points):
Aston Villa (A) +1 point
Fulham (A) +0 point
Wigan (H) +3
Everton (A) +1
Stoke (H) +3
Reading (A) +3
Arse (H) +0
Newcastle (H)+1
Liverpool (A) +0

End season on 35 points

Reading (23 points):
Man U (A) +0
Arsenal (A) +0
Southampton (H) +1
Liverpool (H) +0
Norwich (A)+1
QPR (H) +0
Fulham (A)+0
Citeh (H) +0
West Ham (A)+1

End season on 26 points

Wigan (24 points):
Newcastle (H)+1
Norwich (A)+0
QPR (A) +0
Swansea (H)+1
West ham (A)+1
Spurs (H) +0
WBA (A)+1
Arse (A) +0
Aston Villa (H)+3

End on 31 points

Aston Villa (27 points):
QPR (H) +1
Liverpool (H) +0
Stoke (A) +0
Fulham (H) +1
Man U(A) +0
Sunderland (H) +1
Norwich (A)+3
Scum (A) +0
Wigan (A)+0

End season with 33 points

Southampton (28 points):
Liverpool (H) +0
Scum (H) +0
Reading (A) +1
West Ham (H) +3
Swansea (A) +0
WBA (H) +1
Spurs (A) +0
Sunderland (A) +1
Stoke (H) +3

End season with 37 points.

Newcastle (30 points):
Stoke (H) +3
Wigan (A)+1
Citeh (A) +0
Fulham (H) +1
Sunderland (H) +1
WBA (A) +1
Liverpool (H) +0
West Ham (A) +1
QPR (A) +1
Arse (H) +0

End season with 39 points.

Sunderland (30 points):
Norwich (H) +1
Man U (H) +0
Scum (A) +0
Newcastle (A) +1
Everton (H) +1
Aston Villa (A)+1
Stoke (H) +3
Southampton (H) +1
Spurs (A) +0

End season on 38 points

If tht is how it plays out on aggregate, then the season ends with us in 17 place --

14th place Newcastle 39 points
15th place Sunderland 38 points
16th place Southampton 37 points
17th place QPR 35 points
18th place Aston Villa 33 points
19th place Wigan 31 points
20th place Reading 26 points

That is how we do it boys. That is how we stay up with less than 40 points. Might be a bit of wishful thinking int here. I have probably got lots of results wrong, but overall, it looks like we have more winnable games than any of the teams around us who all play each other a bunch of times. If we can pick up our points against those around, there is a whisper of hope still.

(Dons tin hat and ducks for being overly optimistic b'stard!)

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 18:46 - Mar 9 with 2441 viewsAgedR

Bye bye Reading

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 19:06 - Mar 9 with 2365 viewskropotkin41

I'm afraid that I can't see Wigan doing that badly. Reading are on a very bad run at the moment, and might get cut adrift if we live up to current form. I still think we need Southampton or Villa to slip up....... or even someone else....... Sunderland are also in very bad form at the moment & today can't have been good for their morale! :D

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 19:26 - Mar 9 with 2320 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Reading and Wigan will get more points than that

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 19:30 - Mar 9 with 2314 viewsEalingRanger

Didn't realise how tough Reading's run in is. I think we can do it but its on a knife edge.
Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 19:34 - Mar 9 with 2293 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I can't see Wigan not winning again till the last day of the season especially after today
Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 19:57 - Mar 9 with 2236 viewsHollowayRanger

reading have tough games they are going down

so its us wigan villa

if we beat both i think we WILL stay up

but lose to either and i think they will be the one to stay up

think wwe need 5 wins from 9 games that would give us 38 points just need those wins to include beating villa reading wigan

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 20:10 - Mar 9 with 2213 viewskarl

Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 19:34 - Mar 9 by CroydonCaptJack

I can't see Wigan not winning again till the last day of the season especially after today

I agree, but with 10 pts covering 10th to 20th in the league someone outwith the current bottom 5 is going to hit a bad run of form and be dragged in. At least we're hitting our form now (and so to Villa and Wigan?) anyone who drops down will not have that confidence.
I've always thought Norwich would be that team.
btw Southampton only won one game under new manager? Fans will turn against that whereas Adkins would have had 100% backing
Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 20:44 - Mar 9 with 2154 viewsHollowayRanger

READING GOING DOWN

then most likely us and one of wigan +1 and a game, villa +4

with southampton +5 also involved

cant see the others being involved as still 7 points clear of us

we needed 7 wins from 11 games
now
5 wins from 9 to stand a chance with 38 points

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 21:47 - Mar 9 with 2083 viewsBrazilNutR

shame Grunt holt missed the penalty today...that point for Southampton might be important...
Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 21:52 - Mar 9 with 2069 viewsqprmick

'bunch of times'? you need a tin hat for that alone.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Qprmick

Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 21:56 - Mar 9 with 2057 viewsBrazilNutR

shame Grunt holt missed the penalty today...that point for Southampton might be important...
Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 21:57 - Mar 9 with 2054 viewsBrazilNutR

Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 23:00 - Mar 9 with 1975 viewskropotkin41

On reflection I think that Sunderland, Southampton and Villa could all easily end up in a spot of bother - chances are that at least one of them will.

More teams that have a really bad end to the season the better for us - if we carry on with some good form.

I think it's really 3 from 6......... a gap of 7pts with 9 games left isn't so much, especially with the form Sunderland have had.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 00:25 - Mar 10 with 1894 viewsdavman

"Not too overly optimistic" - teehee.

So you really think that we are going to win as many games as Reading, Wigan, Villa and Newcastle put together? REALLY???

All on next week for me. We HAVE to win to bring Villa back into it. If they win, that gap could be back to 7 and a draw still isn't enough for us. Will Harry go for it matching Villa's gung ho style, or will it be a soak it up and hope for a 1-0?

I still think we're down thanks to Mark Hoose and his welsh buddies...

(Hope you're right though...)

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 01:46 - Mar 10 with 1849 viewsRangersAreBack

Sunderland have some tasty fixtures to come and haven't won in weeks. Could easily get dragged into the mire.
Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 04:19 - Mar 10 with 1825 viewsDylanP

Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 00:25 - Mar 10 by davman

"Not too overly optimistic" - teehee.

So you really think that we are going to win as many games as Reading, Wigan, Villa and Newcastle put together? REALLY???

All on next week for me. We HAVE to win to bring Villa back into it. If they win, that gap could be back to 7 and a draw still isn't enough for us. Will Harry go for it matching Villa's gung ho style, or will it be a soak it up and hope for a 1-0?

I still think we're down thanks to Mark Hoose and his welsh buddies...

(Hope you're right though...)

Hey, I went through game by game. I think we are going to win three games from the next 9. That actually isn't particularly optimistic.

The thing is, you can always quibble about this game or that and I am sure I will get loads of those wrong -- but on aggregate, it shows that there is nothing sacred about 40 points or 37. The fact is we just need to get more points than the teams above us and it looks like (on paper at least) a bunch of them have harder run ins than we do. Of course, the games aren't played on paper and bad teams beat good teams all the time. But the paper match ups look good from our perspective.

Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 05:02 - Mar 10 with 1812 viewsMelakaRanger

Realistically we must beat Villa, Wigan and Reading.

Without those 9 points and the effect it has on those 3 teams points positions (all 3 games are 6 pointers) we have an impossible task.

The team that played on Saturday is very capable of winning these 3 games

Then we have Stoke. Again, if we play like yesterday its very winnable.

Then a couple of draws, most likely our remaining two home games

That's 14 more points and a total of Harrys magic 37 points.

If we can just beat Villa, Wigan and Reading the rest should take care of itself
Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 05:06 - Mar 10 with 1807 viewsDylanP

I don't think we must beat Villa. I thought today was a must win, but next week, away to Villa a win would be incredible, but a point would be progress in the right direction. Of course I am desperately hoping for a win. But I don't think our season is over without one.

Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 07:14 - Mar 10 with 1766 viewsRanger78

I think we have 3 " Cup Finals " Against Villa, Reading and Wigan. If we loose any one of these, I think it's goodbye.

I know they are all winnable but the pressure will be immense and that makes it very difficult, 7 points from these and well stay up.

I am sure that the story is not other for Sunderland and Southampton either, they both look very poor and confidence must be fragile.
Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 07:20 - Mar 10 with 1760 viewsElHoop

Reading do look doomed but we need them to beat the Saints before losing to us.

Villa had that Carling Cup run and are beginning to look battle hardened. I wouldn't rely on them to fall apart. A point up there would be ok.
Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 08:09 - Mar 10 with 1727 viewshoops_legend

Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 21:57 - Mar 9 by BrazilNutR

How many times did ou ever think you would say you didn't want hold to miss a penalty? (3 times clearly ) I'm glad he missed... He's a cheat

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 11:01 - Mar 10 with 1648 viewsstowmarketrange

I thnk Wigan have 10 games left instead of the 9 you posted results for.They played in the cup yesterday, so the league game will have potponed and they will have a backlog of games which hopefully will work in our favour.
The game yesterday should have been Man City away.
Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 11:27 - Mar 10 with 1611 viewsQPR_Jim

QPR (23 points): 

Aston Villa (A) +3 point 
Fulham (A) +1 point 
Wigan (H) +3 
Everton (A) +1 
Stoke (H) +3 
Reading (A) +3 
Arse (H) +0 
Newcastle (H)+0
Liverpool (A) +0 

4 wins from the next 6 games, then we should be pretty safe with three games against tough opposition but who's seasons might be over. Its a really big ask but if they can do that in the next 6 games we'll be on 37points with three to play. Then it won't matter too much what the other teams do.
Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 12:03 - Mar 10 with 1582 viewsderbyhoop

I fail to see Reading getting more than 30 points in total. I think they'll finish bottom.
So we have to find 2 more to finish above.
Wigan can vary between brilliant and awful, so I wouldn't begin to predict the outcome of their games. I think they've got their work cut out.
We could go a long way to ensuring the above 2 get relegated by beating them.
But then there's Villa. At times they've played really good football, but they don't score many and that defence is leaky. If we can get a result next week, preferably a win, we've got a real chance.

Don't forget that, for us to stay up, we have to finish above 3 teams - not just Reading and Wigan.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 12:32 - Mar 10 with 1545 viewscheeseydane

Run In Games for Us and Rivals on 11:27 - Mar 10 by QPR_Jim

QPR (23 points): 

Aston Villa (A) +3 point 
Fulham (A) +1 point 
Wigan (H) +3 
Everton (A) +1 
Stoke (H) +3 
Reading (A) +3 
Arse (H) +0 
Newcastle (H)+0
Liverpool (A) +0 

4 wins from the next 6 games, then we should be pretty safe with three games against tough opposition but who's seasons might be over. Its a really big ask but if they can do that in the next 6 games we'll be on 37points with three to play. Then it won't matter too much what the other teams do.

Check your maths buddy. 4 wins would put us on 35.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024