Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings 14:57 - Jun 4 with 3953 viewsstuabd

Apologies if already posted. I had a quick look but couldn't see a thread.

Some of the marks are quite generous (4 for Hughes!!!), but depressing reading all the same.

http://davidmcintyre.wordpress.com/2013/06/03/end-of-season-ratings/
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 15:04 - Jun 4 with 3321 viewsimustbemad

Sometimes the truth hurts and in this case it does. Dave Mc doesn't have much time for the way we have been run for many years. He is largely right of course. Someone like him involved with QPR would make sense to me as he has seen different regimes come and go and has a good sense about what makes QPR tick as a club and how we need to model ourselves going forward.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 15:16 - Jun 4 with 3295 viewsBasingstokeR

I'd rate Dave Mc - "5/10" for this season himself.

Particularly in this piece the bit about Faurlin.
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 15:34 - Jun 4 with 3270 viewsQPunkR

I was following him all the way 'til he said Arry should maybe be Ingerland manager.
That's gotta be a joke, right? Even Arry's Fleet Street arselickers have given up on that angle finally.

QPR - "shit but local"

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 15:34 - Jun 4 with 3269 viewsdolcelatte

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 15:16 - Jun 4 by BasingstokeR

I'd rate Dave Mc - "5/10" for this season himself.

Particularly in this piece the bit about Faurlin.

Actually that was one of the only bits I agreed with - by and large he watches different games to me.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 15:43 - Jun 4 with 3231 viewsPinnerPaul

Its all opinions isn't it?

Agreed with most of what was written myself.

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 15:45 - Jun 4 with 3234 viewsHAYESBOY

Are those marks out of 100?

Smells like a trout farm in here

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 15:50 - Jun 4 with 3218 viewsBasingstokeR

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 15:34 - Jun 4 by dolcelatte

Actually that was one of the only bits I agreed with - by and large he watches different games to me.

Faurlin wasn't only good in our Championship promotion season when opposition players "focussed on Taarabt". That's doing him a disservice, and ignoring the previous Championship seasons and his time in the Prem until his injury.
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 16:14 - Jun 4 with 3175 viewswindsorhoop

To be honest I disagree with almost everything he writes especially owners. We could have anyone in charge and mcintyre would slag them off, its what he does and he does it well, he's just to 1 dimensional for me.

When you compare him to some fan blogs and our very own Clive then he is pretty irrelevant.
Login to get fewer ads

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 16:21 - Jun 4 with 3160 viewsNW5Hoop

I think he's right more often than anyone else who writes about QPR. And he's right more often than he's wrong. And he calls before the fact, as well — he doesn't wait for hindsight before suggesting things are not right. Pretty much everything that happened this season, he predicted (bar him thinking that spunking a shedload of money would just about keep us up. But even then he was miles more pessimistic than most anyone else).
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 16:37 - Jun 4 with 3124 viewsGloucs_R

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 15:45 - Jun 4 by HAYESBOY

Are those marks out of 100?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 16:40 - Jun 4 with 3112 viewsPinnerPaul

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 16:14 - Jun 4 by windsorhoop

To be honest I disagree with almost everything he writes especially owners. We could have anyone in charge and mcintyre would slag them off, its what he does and he does it well, he's just to 1 dimensional for me.

When you compare him to some fan blogs and our very own Clive then he is pretty irrelevant.

and just how do you judge how "relevant" one person's opinion is versus another?!

TBF I'm sure Clive would not judge his own views as more "relevant" than anyone else's.
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 17:01 - Jun 4 with 3077 viewsbarbicanranger

reads like someone who's tying a noose
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 17:30 - Jun 4 with 3039 viewsNorthernr

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 16:40 - Jun 4 by PinnerPaul

and just how do you judge how "relevant" one person's opinion is versus another?!

TBF I'm sure Clive would not judge his own views as more "relevant" than anyone else's.

Indeed, quite the opposite in this case in fact. Dave Mc is a journalist, I'm just a fan gobbing off. I've no idea what's going on at LR relative to Dave.

Dave has been reporting on the club for years, his stuff is well sourced, he's a good journalist with his finger on the pulse getting scoops and producing news. He understands QPR and what it's about - or what it should be about - and he's seen at very close quarters the club in a variety of different states. He'd be a useful person to have employed at LR to be honest, but then there are a lot of people among the QPR support who would be useful for the club to consider employing and consulting if they weren't so wary of employing QPR fans.

It makes me laugh when people jump on Dave for being pessimistic or negative. I do think he says the odd thing for devilment, and I don't agree with everything he says - particularly about Faurlin - but he's right far more often than not about Rangers. The fact that's he's seen as negative but often right doesn't say a lot for the club does it?

It gets on my tits sometimes when you see - not so much on here but certainly on Twitter/Facebook - the happy clappy brigade shouting down anybody who says anything negative because we've "got to be positive". No we don't, particularly when there is almost nothing to be positive about. We support the team at the games but away from them we are allowed to be honest about what we see - the rich footballers can handle it I'm sure.
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 17:53 - Jun 4 with 2989 viewsJamie

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 16:21 - Jun 4 by NW5Hoop

I think he's right more often than anyone else who writes about QPR. And he's right more often than he's wrong. And he calls before the fact, as well — he doesn't wait for hindsight before suggesting things are not right. Pretty much everything that happened this season, he predicted (bar him thinking that spunking a shedload of money would just about keep us up. But even then he was miles more pessimistic than most anyone else).

Agreed.

Been spot on during our time back in the Prem, until his insistence that we would survive last season.
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 18:11 - Jun 4 with 2961 viewsBklynRanger

I agreed with nearly all of those ratings - a pretty accurate and depressing assessment.

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 18:33 - Jun 4 with 2925 viewsSuffolk

I agree totally with the appraisal of our defensive personnel and their relationship with the keeper. Agree with nearly all of his other comments including his assessment of Faurlin. I don’t agree with those who are doom merchants for next season. We have the best squad in the Championship by far IMO with many players willing to give their all. The club needs a bit of surgery to remove the cancerous element during the summer and we will flourish once more.
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 19:11 - Jun 4 with 2875 viewswindsorhoop

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 16:40 - Jun 4 by PinnerPaul

Its my opinion on how relevant he is to me. To be honest I should of put that at the end of my post. Everyone likes different styles. For me I find a fans view far more relevant as it more likely match my view.

For me I find his stuff really negative to a fault. I'm not talking just about this season as nobody could find a chink of positivity but over previous seasons and previous owners he has the same constant negativity.
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 19:46 - Jun 4 with 2835 viewsbaz_qpr

My problem with Dave over the last year or so is that he regularly states that the owners have done this or that and the transfer policy is down to them, etc no mention of Rigg or the infrastructure pror and afterwards and whenever Dave is asked to give some evidence about why he thinks this, none is ever provided, no source no alluding to a source, we just have to take Dave's word for it.

As for the ratings I think if hill had be called L'hill he would have had a 5/10 likewise how Mackie scores a 6 is beyond me and Townsend is given a 7 yet he only scored twice in 12 games and no assists. IMHO he gets an extra point because he is young with potential.
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 20:00 - Jun 4 with 2817 viewsNorthernr

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 18:33 - Jun 4 by Suffolk

I agree totally with the appraisal of our defensive personnel and their relationship with the keeper. Agree with nearly all of his other comments including his assessment of Faurlin. I don’t agree with those who are doom merchants for next season. We have the best squad in the Championship by far IMO with many players willing to give their all. The club needs a bit of surgery to remove the cancerous element during the summer and we will flourish once more.

On Faurlin, do you agree that he's made a "good recovery" from his knee injury? He looks a shadow of his former self to me.
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 20:05 - Jun 4 with 2804 viewsdolcelatte

Dave lost it for me when he declared we should be building a side around Buz season before this one.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 20:17 - Jun 4 with 2790 viewsgobbles

A lowest mark of 4 seems generous
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 20:41 - Jun 4 with 2740 viewsYorkRanger

Found myself agreeing with much of what Dave Mc has written. Depressing really, I was just starting to get over last season...
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 21:50 - Jun 4 with 2686 viewsSuffolk

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 20:00 - Jun 4 by Northernr

On Faurlin, do you agree that he's made a "good recovery" from his knee injury? He looks a shadow of his former self to me.

I have not seen him play during his time in Italy but something had gone amiss. It would be easy to put it down to injury but I have my doubts as to whether this is the real reason. As somebody else posted his early partnership with Granero looked to be outstanding and then it all went wrong. I believe his limitations have been exposed and it will be hard for him to achieve his former midfield presence.

"is effective if given time and space, especially in the final third. When he isn’t, he struggles. Other sides know this — and that he lets opposing players run off his shoulder time and time again."

I agree with Dave Mc's assessment. I hope we are both wrong.
Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 22:49 - Jun 4 with 2624 viewsAgedR

He was generally right about this season (although he did say we would just stay up)

I just hope he is not right about Redknapp

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Dave Mc End of Season player ratings on 22:57 - Jun 4 with 2616 viewsNeil_SI

I enjoyed David's piece. It's a good overview and with some sensible and well thought out observations.

Alejandro Faurlin has made a good recovery from his knee injury — but it's easy to confuse matters in terms of his playing form — which he hasn't fully recovered from just yet and that's fairly normal for the first year after a torn anterior cruciate ligament injury. Hopefully he just needs time.

That he could play so often, so soon after his injury, is an indicator that he recovered well. The only real question mark is whether he still has that spring in his legs or not, which often allowed him to pinch and win many headers against taller opponents and he's not really showed us that side of his game since he's come back.

It's fine to disagree with someone's opinion and have your own, but there are a lot of jibes at David and that he's negative, but, I find it completely the opposite. I can sense and feel his passion and love for Rangers in his writing (in a different way to Clive's) and his irritation that things should and could be better. But he has to marry that with his job, so it's not easy I suppose. The club could most certainly do with having him on board in some capacity — it's actually stupid not to, but there you go.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024