Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JK 13:10 - Jun 21 with 10268 viewsSiDale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/jk-update-875732.aspx
JK on 15:57 - Jun 21 with 2518 viewsTalkingSutty

JK on 15:50 - Jun 21 by 442Dale

Honestly believe that if Kennedy was making a decision based purely on football, he'd be here for the rest of his career and would blow the Jones appearance record out of the water. If he had signed again, this probably would have happened.

He's a very rare breed in the modern game where players will bounce all over the country taking their family from house to house. A modern day footballer with old school views on life. Massive loss.

Dont agree with your first sentence
JK on 16:28 - Jun 21 with 2438 viewsMass_Debater

JK on 14:04 - Jun 21 by ChaffRAFC

Nonsense.

Kennedy has had a big big decision to make and it's purely because he didn't want to leave us. The whole issue has been about his family being in the North East and that's been the deciding factor so I suspect he'll be playing at Hartlepool or Bradford next season.

One thing is for certain, we cannot be accused of not trying hard enough to keep him. We've tried moving Heaven and Earth to keep him.

Spot on Chaff.

Fook knows what OD is on about.
JK on 16:33 - Jun 21 with 2418 viewsDaley_Lama

JK on 16:28 - Jun 21 by Mass_Debater

Spot on Chaff.

Fook knows what OD is on about.

Without wanting to bash OD, I did find the following a bit odd.

"I do respect JK for not making a rash choice and turning down the contract immediately, this would have come across that it was a financial decision."

If JK had turned down the contract, rash or not, it would not have been a financial decision.

It would have been a blinking (kids read this board) stupid decision.

Poll: DF in or out

JK on 16:35 - Jun 21 with 2405 viewsBrierls

JK on 16:33 - Jun 21 by Daley_Lama

"I do respect JK for not making a rash choice and turning down the contract immediately, this would have come across that it was a financial decision."

If JK had turned down the contract, rash or not, it would not have been a financial decision.

I found it a bit od.
JK on 16:36 - Jun 21 with 2398 viewsSaxonDale

Bring back Spotty.
JK on 17:27 - Jun 21 with 2332 viewspl56

I would just like to add that I'm proud to share my support for the club with such fair-minded people who respect what has been a very difficult decision for the player , and one that will be made for all the right reasons . So often these days people's judgments are blinded by partisanship to the extent that anyone leaving by choice can be viewed as some kind of betrayal . The understanding shown towards JK is right and proper , and well deserved .

I echo the best wishes to a player who has shown outstanding commitment and loyalty during both the good days (2 seasons) , and dross days (2 seasons) , and hope , if he does return to Spotland in opposition , he is given an appropriate send off . My favourite memory is a recent one - his triumphant pose after his towering equalizer to deny Port Vale guaranteed promotion (at the time).
JK on 18:03 - Jun 21 with 2283 viewsmizfit

I'm sorry but the JK bum licking is too much.
Great servant to the club and a good player but the way folk go on about him like he's the messiah is sickening. I still maintain he wasn't our POTY yet the JK bumming brigade got what they wanted.
If tutte, Bennett or cav had made a similar choice I bet they'd have been slated to the hills for it.
If this is it for Kennedy, thanks for all the effort over the years
JK on 18:10 - Jun 21 with 2264 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

JK on 18:03 - Jun 21 by mizfit

I'm sorry but the JK bum licking is too much.
Great servant to the club and a good player but the way folk go on about him like he's the messiah is sickening. I still maintain he wasn't our POTY yet the JK bumming brigade got what they wanted.
If tutte, Bennett or cav had made a similar choice I bet they'd have been slated to the hills for it.
If this is it for Kennedy, thanks for all the effort over the years

Not sure where this has come from.

Sickening? Really?

He's been a great player for us, but the majority seem to trust Hilly can find a suitable replacement.

In his first two seasons he was an almost ever-present during our most successful period. The last two a mainstay in an ever changing team/club, and showed great loyalty in January.

Don't think anybody is "bum licking", just giving him the praise he rightly deserves.
Login to get fewer ads

JK on 18:13 - Jun 21 with 2253 viewsmizfit

JK on 18:10 - Jun 21 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

Not sure where this has come from.

Sickening? Really?

He's been a great player for us, but the majority seem to trust Hilly can find a suitable replacement.

In his first two seasons he was an almost ever-present during our most successful period. The last two a mainstay in an ever changing team/club, and showed great loyalty in January.

Don't think anybody is "bum licking", just giving him the praise he rightly deserves.

It is bum licking of the highest order
I'd come on here the past 2 seasons when Kennedy had a bad game and People would still give him MOTM
JK on 18:18 - Jun 21 with 2233 viewsD_Alien

JK on 18:13 - Jun 21 by mizfit

It is bum licking of the highest order
I'd come on here the past 2 seasons when Kennedy had a bad game and People would still give him MOTM

In the past two seasons, JK was often the only player who looked like he really wanted to play, and put in a shift. Average game or not, that would have got him the motm award, given the attitude problems and downright crap we had to put up with

On other occasions, he's received due criticism.

Bum licking is something you must know rather more about than many "People"

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

JK on 18:24 - Jun 21 with 2203 viewsolympicdale

JK on 16:33 - Jun 21 by Daley_Lama

"Without wanting to" not like you to show such decorum there Lama ;)

I respect that JK has taken all the time he wanted to make the decision, it does show he cares about the club. If the only reason he wants to leave is to be closer to his home, then he could have gone at the end of the season, it dpes make you wonder if something has happened, he's been here 5 years and seemed content, and he can do MUCH better than Hartlepool (if he ends up there.)

Life is a game of fate.

JK on 18:24 - Jun 21 with 2203 viewsirisaln

What about Bennett playing in midfield!

I'd love to see that after some of the runs he made foreward last season.

Oh yes, he scored as well.
JK on 18:41 - Jun 21 with 2170 viewsdale_spotland

JK on 18:24 - Jun 21 by olympicdale

I respect that JK has taken all the time he wanted to make the decision, it does show he cares about the club. If the only reason he wants to leave is to be closer to his home, then he could have gone at the end of the season, it dpes make you wonder if something has happened, he's been here 5 years and seemed content, and he can do MUCH better than Hartlepool (if he ends up there.)

"It does make you wonder if something happened"

He has started a family, meaning he needs to be closer to home.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

JK on 19:05 - Jun 21 with 2133 viewsolympicdale

JK on 18:41 - Jun 21 by dale_spotland

"It does make you wonder if something happened"

He has started a family, meaning he needs to be closer to home.

That is fair, I did not know that, looks like jack will have to find a new room mate.

Life is a game of fate.

JK on 19:08 - Jun 21 with 2123 viewsolympicdale

JK on 18:24 - Jun 21 by irisaln

What about Bennett playing in midfield!

I'd love to see that after some of the runs he made foreward last season.

Oh yes, he scored as well.

yeah, 'cause we're a bit low on numbers in the midfield.

Life is a game of fate.

JK on 19:32 - Jun 21 with 2072 viewsSaxonDale

Am I right in thinking JK's departure will signal the end of the promotion squad? Shows just how many players this club has been through in the last 3 years.
JK on 19:39 - Jun 21 with 2060 views442Dale

JK on 19:32 - Jun 21 by SaxonDale

Am I right in thinking JK's departure will signal the end of the promotion squad? Shows just how many players this club has been through in the last 3 years.

Technically Lillis is a member of the promotion squad with his one game at Bournemouth. But after him we're now at BBM as the longest serving player.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

JK on 20:01 - Jun 21 with 2029 viewsYadHoDale

JK on 19:39 - Jun 21 by 442Dale

Technically Lillis is a member of the promotion squad with his one game at Bournemouth. But after him we're now at BBM as the longest serving player.

Reece Gray came on as sub at Barnet in May 2010, so is presumably the longest continuously serving player.
JK on 20:36 - Jun 21 with 1983 viewssandylaner1

JK on 19:32 - Jun 21 by SaxonDale

JK on 18:15 - Jun 23 with 1762 viewsScunnydale

JK on 18:24 - Jun 21 by olympicdale

The thing is, OD, that JK wanting to move back to the north east and JK being able to are two different things.

Unless he had a contract with Hartlepool, for instance, signed at the end of last season, he wasn't able to go back home. It makes sense for him to wait until he's definitely got his move before turning us down. If he'd decided to leave Dale before having another club to go to, it would be a crazy decision.

Let's face it, another few years at Rochdale would be much better than a few months (maybe more) without a club.
JK on 18:50 - Jun 23 with 1702 viewsolympicdale

JK on 18:15 - Jun 23 by Scunnydale

The thing is, OD, that JK wanting to move back to the north east and JK being able to are two different things.

Unless he had a contract with Hartlepool, for instance, signed at the end of last season, he wasn't able to go back home. It makes sense for him to wait until he's definitely got his move before turning us down. If he'd decided to leave Dale before having another club to go to, it would be a crazy decision.

Let's face it, another few years at Rochdale would be much better than a few months (maybe more) without a club.

It just makes me wonder what was his first choice, to stay here and work under Hill once more, or leave in order to be nearer to his home. If it was mainly the latter, then I would hope he made that clear to Hill early on in any negotiations. The fact that Hill has waited as long as possible suggests that he wanted to give JK every possible chance to stay, and not pull the contract offer until it was crystal clear he would not be signing.

Life is a game of fate.

JK on 19:39 - Jun 23 with 1623 viewsTalkingSutty

JK on 18:50 - Jun 23 by olympicdale

It just makes me wonder what was his first choice, to stay here and work under Hill once more, or leave in order to be nearer to his home. If it was mainly the latter, then I would hope he made that clear to Hill early on in any negotiations. The fact that Hill has waited as long as possible suggests that he wanted to give JK every possible chance to stay, and not pull the contract offer until it was crystal clear he would not be signing.

JK cant be blamed for not jumping ship before he gets fixed up with a club which will probably mean him being closer to his family.

You cant blame Hilly for not forcing Kennedys hand, he deserves to be given that respect for the services to our club.

Its not a situation that will cause a big problem for either party, Kennedy will either stay or go and we will progress without him, i would love him to stay though.

I remember the day we signed him, i was over the moon at bringing him to the club and he has exceeded expectations during his time at Spotland.I think we can call him a club legend.
JK on 20:02 - Jun 23 with 1583 viewsChaffRAFC

The situation has been dealt with perfectly I think. Hill has offered him a very good deal to stay, given JK plenty of time to decide, as much time as was possible but as I've said, Kennedy had a major decision to make. I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be working 100 miles away from your family, a working week that will ultimately mean being at work in some form for near enough 6 days a week. Add that to the fact you get given a very good offer from a football club that is desperate to keep you and it becomes an almost impossible choice.

I suspect he's needed the time because he genuinely didn't know what to do rather than him leaning one side or another.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

JK on 20:38 - Jun 23 with 1544 viewsjudd

JK on 20:02 - Jun 23 by ChaffRAFC

The situation has been dealt with perfectly I think. Hill has offered him a very good deal to stay, given JK plenty of time to decide, as much time as was possible but as I've said, Kennedy had a major decision to make. I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be working 100 miles away from your family, a working week that will ultimately mean being at work in some form for near enough 6 days a week. Add that to the fact you get given a very good offer from a football club that is desperate to keep you and it becomes an almost impossible choice.

I suspect he's needed the time because he genuinely didn't know what to do rather than him leaning one side or another.

Move his family?

Poll: What is it to be then?

JK on 21:21 - Jun 23 with 1496 viewsChaffRAFC

JK on 20:38 - Jun 23 by judd

Move his family?

We've offered that to him in his contract but it must be down to his family who may well, understandably, not want to move from the area that the rest of the family is based.

It's like me getting a job 100 miles away and offering to move my wife down South but I know for a fact she wouldn't do it because her family are based in Greater Manchester.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024