Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"strong interest in Mackie brewing" 19:15 - Jul 15 with 6565 viewsJonDoeman

@davidmcintyre76 2h

Some strong interest in Mackie brewing. As I said towards end of last season, would not be at all surprised if he left #QPR this summer.

Getting rid of Mackie would be crazy IMO.

It Is What It Is !!

"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 21:47 - Jul 15 with 1130 viewsNorthernr

Great attitude and a good Championship player. Would be a strange thing for us to do.
"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 21:56 - Jul 15 with 1106 viewsShotKneesHoop

Just the sort of weird thing that 'Arry will do then.

Watch this space.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 21:56 - Jul 15 with 1106 viewsderbyhoop

If somebody wants him and are prepared to pay a decent fee, we'll accept it. And that applies to almost everybody in the squad.

Let's face it, even with the departures so far, our wage bill is still going to be around 150% of turnover. And there's some members of the squad we'd need to pay someone to take off our hands

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 22:04 - Jul 15 with 1091 viewsQPR_John

"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 21:37 - Jul 15 by barbicanranger

Will be very disappointed if this happens, one of only a few players in the squad who is proven at championship level and is the right "type"

There is another player many want out who is proven at Championship level
"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 22:06 - Jul 15 with 1082 viewsbarbicanranger

"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 22:04 - Jul 15 by QPR_John

There is another player many want out who is proven at Championship level

Noted, but this isn't about him it's about mackie
"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 22:07 - Jul 15 with 1078 viewsEalingRanger

Selling Mackie would be a huge mistake. Some people on here have incredibly short memories.
"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 22:07 - Jul 15 with 1075 viewsbarbicanranger

"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 21:56 - Jul 15 by derbyhoop

If somebody wants him and are prepared to pay a decent fee, we'll accept it. And that applies to almost everybody in the squad.

Let's face it, even with the departures so far, our wage bill is still going to be around 150% of turnover. And there's some members of the squad we'd need to pay someone to take off our hands

Mackie's one of a few who's on a reasonable salary though...
"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 22:11 - Jul 15 with 1063 viewsconnell10

"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 21:16 - Jul 15 by Toast_R

Is it?

The two goals away at Leicester one was mesmerising and out of nothing, the 2 away at Ipswich both outstanding and again out of nothing, the late leveller at Derby was priceless.

Not just the goals either, the running, chasing down lost causes such as away at Palace when Davids played a back pass, Mackie does the hard work a and puts in on a plate for Taarabt.

In the Championship you don't need all the trickery in the world, just guts and strong determination. Mackie has all that in abundance.

Being found out in the Prem is a lot of idle bollocks to flog someone with really. Were there any QPR players last season who remained unfound? Mackie didn't do too bad in the Prem over two seasons my opinion. He scored goals and sadly went from playing in a great team spirited side in Championship to playing with a bunch of lazy half arsed mercs in the Prem.

gotta agree mate, far better than most of the dross that pulled on the beloved hoop shirt last season! we need him for this season me-thinks!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 22:25 - Jul 15 with 1034 viewsCHUBBS

We'd have to be certifiably nuts to sell a player who's ready made for the league we're in unless we're offered a large fee.
He's one of the only players left in our squad i actually like!
"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 22:34 - Jul 15 with 1020 viewsjo_qpr63

I'm not getting the take the money posts!
We want commited,loyal players and kick out the money grabbers.
Its not very loyal to a player that was a massive part in one of the best seasons we've ever had....for money!
I think he can still do a job in the championship.
Whats with the fan who tried to punch him at Peterborough? Has he slagged the club off or something?
"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 22:52 - Jul 15 with 976 viewsTheBlob

I don't think he'll have the same impact as when he first joined,it was all to do with surprise value.His goals got the momentum a club badly needs early on.
Useless as a striker?Lovely diving header up at Citeh says otherwise - never got decent service apart from that(maybe) one perfect cross.
Pains me to say it but would cash him out.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 22:59 - Jul 15 with 956 viewsAntti_Heinola

You gotta love football fans. Spend far too much time talking absolute twaddle about 'tradition' and 'loyalty' and slagging off players on big wages for 'sitting on contracts' etc. And then when there is a player who has all the heart in the world, has scored more vital goals for us than anyone except for Taarabt since Furs hung up his scoring boots, who has a great attitude, works hard, is willing and wants to improve himself as a player (and has done) and everyone is just 'take the money'. Funny how with football fans loyalty only works one way, isn't it?

Bare bones.

"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 23:51 - Jul 15 with 903 viewsmakaveli1882

It's funny my mate just posted a pic on FB from some race night tonight with Barton and Mackie

He said mackie said he all he wants to do is play or he wants out, said Barton didn't say a lot

Maybe this one has some legs
"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 00:17 - Jul 16 with 886 viewsbaz_qpr

"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 22:34 - Jul 15 by jo_qpr63

I'm not getting the take the money posts!
We want commited,loyal players and kick out the money grabbers.
Its not very loyal to a player that was a massive part in one of the best seasons we've ever had....for money!
I think he can still do a job in the championship.
Whats with the fan who tried to punch him at Peterborough? Has he slagged the club off or something?

In what position in your starting 11 baring in mind HR plays 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 . Warnock bought him to play a specific role in a set up built around Faurlin and Taarabt I dont want heart and loyalty in a wide position I want creativity and assists, and I dont think he's going to be anywhere near a first choice striker. I just dont see his role in an HR team
"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 05:47 - Jul 16 with 805 viewsYorkRanger

"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 21:47 - Jul 15 by Northernr

Great attitude and a good Championship player. Would be a strange thing for us to do.

Agreed - we hardly have an abundance of replacements....
"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 08:01 - Jul 16 with 701 viewsKingy27

As I said on another post, Met him last night and he wants out if he's not getting game time. So unless Harry is going to play him, he'd be better off going.
(No subject) on 08:18 - Jul 16 with 676 viewsfakekerby

"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 08:01 - Jul 16 by Kingy27

As I said on another post, Met him last night and he wants out if he's not getting game time. So unless Harry is going to play him, he'd be better off going.

I don't think Harry is that keen on him and I personally think he's a great sub but offers little in games he starts. From January onwards he was pretty useless. He puts in as many 5/10 performances as the likes of SWP but gets away with it because he runs around a lot. He also has mini tantrums when he doesn't get the ball, particularly off Adel.

If we get offered over 2 mil I'd take it.

I do think he's useful to have, but I worry his mind is elsewhere since we tried to sell him.

Looking at the stats for Mackie last season it's hardly good reading:

21 starts and 12 sub appearances. W4, D12, L17

Out of Ten: 4,6,6,6,5,5,6,5,7,8,7,8,6,6,5,5,4,7,5,6,7,5,5,6,4,4,7.-.-.-.5.-.6 = 5.72

Interactive Match Rating: 5.01

Two goals (Villa H, Man Utd A), zero asissts
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 08:58 - Jul 16 with 620 viewsWokingR

Let's not forget that it was in the Championship that we all fell in love with Mackie.
I accept that he was a bit limited in the Premiership but he still had an awful lot of credit in the bank that first season and that goal at City on the final day was an unforgettable moment for all of us.
He never really got going for us last year whether through lack of ability or opportunity but he is exactly what we need for this season.
"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 08:58 - Jul 16 with 621 viewsShotKneesHoop

"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 22:07 - Jul 15 by barbicanranger

Mackie's one of a few who's on a reasonable salary though...

I think you mean "realistic" i.e. a fair wage for the effort put in; as opposed to "FMG" for the rest of the wasters

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

(No subject) on 09:05 - Jul 16 with 606 viewsQPR_John

"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 22:06 - Jul 15 by barbicanranger

Noted, but this isn't about him it's about mackie

Yes but as a proven Championship player so I think bringing up the comparison with others is apprpriate
"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 09:08 - Jul 16 with 594 viewsRangerJim

If it sweetens the deal that brings Hooper to us, im all for it.

(No subject) on 09:57 - Jul 16 with 544 viewsbarbicanranger

(No subject) on 09:05 - Jul 16 by QPR_John

Yes but as a proven Championship player so I think bringing up the comparison with others is apprpriate

Sure John, but that's about where the comparison + there have been so many other threads on whether Taraabt should stay or go.

Re: some of the comments about Mackie being sussed out...what is there to suss out? - they guy is a meat and potatoes player and that's why we need him, he's not a tactical player who you can "suss out". Look at the goals he scored in the champo were any contenders for goal of the season?! - not that I can remember, they were all through graft and for me that's why we need him...away at Ipswich he ran from the half way line shackled by two Ipswich players and still slotted it in, he bundled in countless goals before he got injured, how many times have you seen Mackie tackle a defender in his own third and change what was a clearance into an attack?! Like a few have said above unless we get offered a decent sum for him then we should not be selling him.

I can understand it from his point of view though, if he doesn't get regular football at this level then I would leave as well. And I suspect he isn't one of Harry's preferred players. If he were to leave it would be indicative of how the club is being run at the moment.
(No subject) on 10:13 - Jul 16 with 525 viewsRblockPrior

(No subject) on 09:57 - Jul 16 by barbicanranger

Sure John, but that's about where the comparison + there have been so many other threads on whether Taraabt should stay or go.

Re: some of the comments about Mackie being sussed out...what is there to suss out? - they guy is a meat and potatoes player and that's why we need him, he's not a tactical player who you can "suss out". Look at the goals he scored in the champo were any contenders for goal of the season?! - not that I can remember, they were all through graft and for me that's why we need him...away at Ipswich he ran from the half way line shackled by two Ipswich players and still slotted it in, he bundled in countless goals before he got injured, how many times have you seen Mackie tackle a defender in his own third and change what was a clearance into an attack?! Like a few have said above unless we get offered a decent sum for him then we should not be selling him.

I can understand it from his point of view though, if he doesn't get regular football at this level then I would leave as well. And I suspect he isn't one of Harry's preferred players. If he were to leave it would be indicative of how the club is being run at the moment.

well said that man!

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 10:22 - Jul 16 with 507 viewsMonahoop

"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 21:42 - Jul 15 by Stanisgod

What happened to HRs " I could do with 10 Jamie Mackies ". Did he actually play after that.
Can't actually believe people want him gone when we still have so much dross left.
Short memories and all that.

That's it. Get rid of the few good players the club have like Mackie and keep the dross that let everyone down so badly last term.

Of course Harry knows what he's doing. Doesn't he?

There aint half been some clever bastards.

"strong interest in Mackie brewing" on 11:01 - Jul 16 with 471 viewsHollowayRanger

thise goals v away at derby in early september will always be remembered by me it kept us unbeated something we remained till mid november

cant help wondering how things would have turned out if we had lost that one as we felt invincible and unbeatable afterwards

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024