Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
#donotgogentleswans 19:04 - Aug 12 with 26684 viewsel_pancho

Does anyone else think this is the most embarrassing attempt at a motivational hashtag?

Poll: As things currently stand are Huw Jenkins et al more disliked than Tony Petty?

#donotgogentleswans on 13:53 - Aug 13 with 4102 viewsel_pancho

#donotgogentleswans on 13:14 - Aug 13 by Darran

Yeah but come on like,European football,Premier League and some stupid f*cking slogan is getting up people's snouts.

Why bother commenting if you don't like the topic?

Surely it is good to discuss ALL things to do with the club and not just on the pitch matters?

The on field stuff is awesome, but I feel the club is still years behind in basic business functions i.e. Marketing, CRM...

Apologies if this topic is beyond your blinkers of solely discussing on field matters.

Poll: As things currently stand are Huw Jenkins et al more disliked than Tony Petty?

#donotgogentleswans on 13:56 - Aug 13 with 4092 viewsDarran

#donotgogentleswans on 13:53 - Aug 13 by el_pancho

Why bother commenting if you don't like the topic?

Surely it is good to discuss ALL things to do with the club and not just on the pitch matters?

The on field stuff is awesome, but I feel the club is still years behind in basic business functions i.e. Marketing, CRM...

Apologies if this topic is beyond your blinkers of solely discussing on field matters.

Years behind for having a Dylan Thomas slogan?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

#donotgogentleswans on 14:00 - Aug 13 with 4086 viewsel_pancho

#donotgogentleswans on 13:56 - Aug 13 by Darran

Years behind for having a Dylan Thomas slogan?

Look at the wider picture - Years behind for seemingly not using the valuable assets that is the customer data to harness further income for the clubs.

Years behind, for having a pretty weak marketing strategy.

I feel we should be further developed in the off field business functions, that is all. Would you not agree, or are you happy with mediocre?

#donotgogentleswans on 14:02 - Aug 13 with 4082 viewsDarran

#donotgogentleswans on 14:00 - Aug 13 by el_pancho

Look at the wider picture - Years behind for seemingly not using the valuable assets that is the customer data to harness further income for the clubs.

Years behind, for having a pretty weak marketing strategy.

I feel we should be further developed in the off field business functions, that is all. Would you not agree, or are you happy with mediocre?

Oh I certainly agree I don't think the slogan makes any difference either way though.

#donotgogentleswans on 14:05 - Aug 13 with 4072 viewsel_pancho

#donotgogentleswans on 14:02 - Aug 13 by Darran

Oh I certainly agree I don't think the slogan makes any difference either way though.

In the age of social networking, I think it does. (Especially with 143k followers on Twitter alone)

To have that slogan associated with the club , in my opinion is amateurish at best.

#donotgogentleswans on 14:06 - Aug 13 with 4072 viewsDevz00

I'm one of the first to admit that the club is pretty useless on the commercial side. I don't see the issue with a Dylan Thomas reference though. He's from Swansea. It's a hash tag for a reason, to get people talking on twitter and to get something trending. It's an attempt to build the club up commercially via social networking. Does the phrase appear anywhere else? Is it on the shirts? I've just seen it on a few adverts.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

#donotgogentleswans on 14:23 - Aug 13 with 4057 viewsel_pancho

#donotgogentleswans on 14:06 - Aug 13 by Devz00

I'm one of the first to admit that the club is pretty useless on the commercial side. I don't see the issue with a Dylan Thomas reference though. He's from Swansea. It's a hash tag for a reason, to get people talking on twitter and to get something trending. It's an attempt to build the club up commercially via social networking. Does the phrase appear anywhere else? Is it on the shirts? I've just seen it on a few adverts.

But how many people know that is a Dylan Thomas quote, and in fact that Dylan Thomas was from Swansea?

Agreed it is mainly a social network thing, and not featured on shirts etc. However look how the following use hashtags:

NFL: hashtags: http://www.vegau.com/resources/NFL-twitter-hashtags/
MLB: http://www.vegau.com/resources/MLB-twitter-hashtags/
NHL: http://www.vegau.com/resources/NHL-twitter-hashtags/

Clearly identifying the team and reason for the tag. (while not sounding cr@p!).

Working in digital marketing this kind of thing irks me and strikes me as amateurish.

#donotgogentleswans on 14:36 - Aug 13 with 4048 viewsJonezy

#donotgogentleswans on 14:23 - Aug 13 by el_pancho

But how many people know that is a Dylan Thomas quote, and in fact that Dylan Thomas was from Swansea?

Agreed it is mainly a social network thing, and not featured on shirts etc. However look how the following use hashtags:

Clearly identifying the team and reason for the tag. (while not sounding cr@p!).

Working in digital marketing this kind of thing irks me and strikes me as amateurish.

I work in Digital Planning and Content and I laugh at some of the stuff we produce.

While we've been getting everything on the pitch spot on, our marketing and operations is in the dark ages.

Ticketing system is a mess, communications is a mess, website is awful, kit launch was a mess and worst of all we have GOAL MUSIC!

It's tinpot mush!

"Take my hand...."

Login to get fewer ads

#donotgogentleswans on 14:37 - Aug 13 with 4043 viewswaynekerr55

#donotgogentleswans on 14:36 - Aug 13 by Jonezy

I work in Digital Planning and Content and I laugh at some of the stuff we produce.

While we've been getting everything on the pitch spot on, our marketing and operations is in the dark ages.

Ticketing system is a mess, communications is a mess, website is awful, kit launch was a mess and worst of all we have GOAL MUSIC!

It's tinpot mush!

10 pager coming up...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

#donotgogentleswans on 14:50 - Aug 13 with 4034 viewsDarran

#donotgogentleswans on 14:37 - Aug 13 by waynekerr55

10 pager coming up...

#gentlygof*ckewself

#donotgogentleswans on 14:54 - Aug 13 with 4030 viewsJonezy

#donotgogentleswans on 14:37 - Aug 13 by waynekerr55

10 pager coming up...

Can of worms.....

"Take my hand...."

#donotgogentleswans on 15:07 - Aug 13 with 4014 viewswaynekerr55

#donotgogentleswans on 14:50 - Aug 13 by Darran

#gentlygof*ckewself

#nownowdazbagsbehaveyourself

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

#donotgogentleswans on 15:15 - Aug 13 with 4009 viewsel_pancho

#donotgogentleswans on 14:50 - Aug 13 by Darran

#gentlygof*ckewself

So even you got the hang of it!!!

#donotgogentleswans on 15:28 - Aug 13 with 3996 viewsDevz00

It's tinpot mush!

I work in a similar role - marketing department for a large bank as a digital designer. I know where you're coming from. I also don't like the goal music.

My point still remains the same though. It's not as if it's splashed all over the place. It's just a twitter hashtag.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

#donotgogentleswans on 15:34 - Aug 13 with 3988 viewsDevz00

#donotgogentleswans on 14:23 - Aug 13 by el_pancho

Those links you've posted are quite irrelevant aren't they? The hash tag foe Swansea City is either #Swans or #SCFC which is shared with Stoke. As Stoke got to the Premiership first, it was decided we would use #Swans mainly.

This #donotgogentleswans one is just an extra one that the club decided to use when promoting the new kit. Jouranalists and national media don't use it. Nor do the FA or the Premier League. They use #swans.

This thread is just a fuss about nothing in my opinion. Sorry.

#donotgogentleswans on 15:35 - Aug 13 with 3587 viewsel_pancho

#donotgogentleswans on 15:28 - Aug 13 by Devz00

I work in a similar role - marketing department for a large bank as a digital designer. I know where you're coming from. I also don't like the goal music.

My point still remains the same though. It's not as if it's splashed all over the place. It's just a twitter hashtag.

Surely you appreciate the mass audience that it would be exposed to via Social Media then?

#donotgogentleswans on 15:38 - Aug 13 with 3581 viewsDevz00

#donotgogentleswans on 15:35 - Aug 13 by el_pancho

Surely you appreciate the mass audience that it would be exposed to via Social Media then?

Yes. I refer you back to my original post though.

#donotgogentleswans on 15:41 - Aug 13 with 3578 viewsel_pancho

#donotgogentleswans on 15:38 - Aug 13 by Devz00

Yes. I refer you back to my original post though.

Fair enough. I guess we will have to agree to disagree!!

#donotgogentleswans on 15:47 - Aug 13 with 3572 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

It's tinpot mush!

Goal music does my nut in.

So f#cking small time & ruins the atmosphere after the goal.

If Man Utd, Barca, Liverpool etc don't play f#cking goal music then why do we?

Poll: What would you rather see.....

#donotgogentleswans on 16:03 - Aug 13 with 3561 viewsDevz00

#donotgogentleswans on 15:41 - Aug 13 by el_pancho

Fair enough. I guess we will have to agree to disagree!!

No worries. I think what I'm trying to say is that there's a significant difference between the types of twitter accounts who are using #donotgogentleswans and tweets with #swans. Do a twitter search for the two hash tags and you'll see what I mean.

#donotgogentleswans on 16:10 - Aug 13 with 3545 viewsmatt_the_jack

#donotgogentleswans on 15:47 - Aug 13 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

Goal music does my nut in.

So f#cking small time & ruins the atmosphere after the goal.

If Man Utd, Barca, Liverpool etc don't play f#cking goal music then why do we?

Bayern Munich play goal music

One again all Europe will hear, the Swansea City sound
Blog: Swans Away Days In Europe

#donotgogentleswans on 16:20 - Aug 13 with 3533 viewsmonmouth

#donotgogentleswans on 16:10 - Aug 13 by matt_the_jack

Bayern Munich play goal music

What do they play Matt? I bet it's better than our unimaginative Der Der Der shat that they use everywhere, even at Twickenham. Is it Deutchland Uber Alles? Or have they invented their own song "we've got all the money so f**k off"?

I'm happy this is all I have to moan about.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

#donotgogentleswans on 16:24 - Aug 13 with 3529 viewsel_pancho

#donotgogentleswans on 16:03 - Aug 13 by Devz00

No worries. I think what I'm trying to say is that there's a significant difference between the types of twitter accounts who are using #donotgogentleswans and tweets with #swans. Do a twitter search for the two hash tags and you'll see what I mean.

Yeah I get that. I'm all for hashtags / likes / shares / social media marketing, etc, etc.

What bugs me is that they could have used something clever, different, innovative and motivational. The idea of a hashtag is to get it trending - surely the lack of use indicates how poorly executed this was? For me it just seems amateurish!

On those links I posted, one the Arizonal Cardinals used #GoCardinalsGo (or something to that effect), it identifies the team, and serves more purpose than ours.

#donotgogentleswans on 16:30 - Aug 13 with 3521 viewsepaul

#donotgogentleswans on 16:24 - Aug 13 by el_pancho

Yeah I get that. I'm all for hashtags / likes / shares / social media marketing, etc, etc.

What bugs me is that they could have used something clever, different, innovative and motivational. The idea of a hashtag is to get it trending - surely the lack of use indicates how poorly executed this was? For me it just seems amateurish!

On those links I posted, one the Arizonal Cardinals used #GoCardinalsGo (or something to that effect), it identifies the team, and serves more purpose than ours.

Why cant you highlight something in another posters post when replying? anyhow surely by that analogy #donotgogentlyswans identifies the team!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

#donotgogentleswans on 16:46 - Aug 13 with 3513 viewsDevz00

#donotgogentleswans on 16:24 - Aug 13 by el_pancho

Sorry, i'm not trying to be rude here at all. I think the fact they've used a Dylan Thomas poem and included the word Swans in it shows identity to the area and the team. The poem could also be classed as motivational and something a bit different. It's subjective.

I would say that with the example that you gave, #GoCardinalsGo, there is nothing innovative or clever. It's very basic. If we had the hashtag #ComeOnYouSwans or something then nobody would even talk about it. It would be bland.

The very reason this thread exists shows that you noticed the hashtag and so it's got people talking.

You can agree to disagree and that's fine. But, it's subjective. All the things you just mentioned could easily be seen in the # donotgogentleswans, in my opinion.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024