Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
dvla boffins adive needed 12:51 - Aug 28 with 3180 viewsjackado

hi guys just after some simple advice so dont flame me please. ive just bought a car were the tax runs out on saturday, also the mot is out but the earliest i can get it booked into the family garage i always use is on monday, But i need the car for sunday as ive got to travel away somewhere. Is there still that 3day grace with taxing a car or is it all a myth otherwise im going to have to try and find somewhere i can hire a large car for 1 day.
dvla boffins adive needed on 13:56 - Aug 28 with 3146 viewsBaker

Can customers use vehicles on the public road if waiting for a duplicate tax disc to arrive?
No. The exemption only applies when waiting for the original tax disc to arrive. The exemption only covers the first five working days following the original application. Motorists will be committing an offence if they continue to use or keep the vehicle on a public road.

Can motorists drive untaxed for five days?
No. The exemption from displaying a tax disc only applies when an application for a new disc has been made before the previous one has expired. If no application has been made, then the vehicle will be unlicensed and this exemption will not apply.

http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/information/InfoCentre/ItemDetails.aspx?sid

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

dvla boffins adive needed on 13:58 - Aug 28 with 3139 viewsDarran

dvla boffins adive needed on 13:56 - Aug 28 by Baker

Can customers use vehicles on the public road if waiting for a duplicate tax disc to arrive?
No. The exemption only applies when waiting for the original tax disc to arrive. The exemption only covers the first five working days following the original application. Motorists will be committing an offence if they continue to use or keep the vehicle on a public road.

Can motorists drive untaxed for five days?
No. The exemption from displaying a tax disc only applies when an application for a new disc has been made before the previous one has expired. If no application has been made, then the vehicle will be unlicensed and this exemption will not apply.

http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/information/InfoCentre/ItemDetails.aspx?sid

When I saw you'd posted I thought you would have been posting who's muff needed diving into.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

dvla boffins adive needed on 14:01 - Aug 28 with 3137 viewsBaker

dvla boffins adive needed on 13:58 - Aug 28 by Darran

When I saw you'd posted I thought you would have been posting who's muff needed diving into.

See here: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/87800/fao-baker-miley-cy

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

dvla boffins adive needed on 14:31 - Aug 28 with 3124 viewsApeShit

As far as I am aware mate there is no grace period at all. If your untaxed, your insurance will also be invalid.

Best not risk it!
dvla boffins adive needed on 14:41 - Aug 28 with 3114 viewsBelfast

Get it MOT 'd at a different location and you havent got any problems .....
[Post edited 28 Aug 2013 14:42]

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

dvla boffins adive needed on 14:55 - Aug 28 with 3101 viewsCountyJim

This happened a few years back to Mrs County car I contacted the garage they put it on their insurance to travel to the MOT station
dvla boffins adive needed on 15:23 - Aug 28 with 3092 viewsApeShit

dvla boffins adive needed on 14:55 - Aug 28 by CountyJim

This happened a few years back to Mrs County car I contacted the garage they put it on their insurance to travel to the MOT station

Is that would they told you?

As long as your insured yourself you can drive to and from a pre-booked MOT.
dvla boffins adive needed on 15:42 - Aug 28 with 3077 viewsCountyJim

dvla boffins adive needed on 15:23 - Aug 28 by ApeShit

Is that would they told you?

As long as your insured yourself you can drive to and from a pre-booked MOT.

Not without Tax and a MOT no your not insured
Login to get fewer ads

dvla boffins adive needed on 16:28 - Aug 28 with 3065 viewsApeShit

dvla boffins adive needed on 15:42 - Aug 28 by CountyJim

Not without Tax and a MOT no your not insured

You are 100% allowed to drive to a PRE-BOOKED MOT without tax.

You need an MOT to actually get tax.
dvla boffins adive needed on 16:49 - Aug 28 with 3048 viewsBelfast

dvla boffins adive needed on 16:28 - Aug 28 by ApeShit

You are 100% allowed to drive to a PRE-BOOKED MOT without tax.

You need an MOT to actually get tax.

This is fact.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2013 16:49]

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

dvla boffins adive needed on 19:54 - Aug 28 with 3013 viewsPacemaker

The issue here is not the fact you have no Tax but no MOT. The MOT is a safety issue the car will come up on a police check as no mot and no tax. Your insurance will be null and void if you drive other than to a pre booked MOT testing station.

You are looking at 6points at least should you get stopped by police.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

dvla boffins adive needed on 20:03 - Aug 28 with 3002 viewsJackfath

Travel in the dark with your lights off so you don't get caught.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

dvla boffins adive needed on 20:14 - Aug 28 with 2988 viewsNeath_Jack

Since 17 July 2013, when you renew your vehicle tax or when your new car is taxed for the first time, you now have up to 14 days to display the new tax disc on the vehicle. Under the old rules, you had just 5 days to do this.

For renewals, this extended period will only apply when your application to renew your tax disc is made before the previous one expires. If the application is made after the current disc expires, then the vehicle will be treated as untaxed and the 14 day rule will not apply.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

dvla boffins adive needed on 20:23 - Aug 28 with 2971 viewsexiledclaseboy

dvla boffins adive needed on 20:14 - Aug 28 by Neath_Jack

Since 17 July 2013, when you renew your vehicle tax or when your new car is taxed for the first time, you now have up to 14 days to display the new tax disc on the vehicle. Under the old rules, you had just 5 days to do this.

For renewals, this extended period will only apply when your application to renew your tax disc is made before the previous one expires. If the application is made after the current disc expires, then the vehicle will be treated as untaxed and the 14 day rule will not apply.

That law applies only when you apply for the new tax disc before the previous one expires (as it says in your post) which the OP can't do because he has not MoT. So to use the car on Sunday he'll be driving it unlicensed and with no MoT and as a result his insurance will be invalid as well. Not a good idea really.

As others have said, the only time you can legally drive an unlicensed vehicle is to and from a pre-booked MoT test.

Poll: Tory leader

dvla boffins adive needed on 20:29 - Aug 28 with 2961 viewsNeath_Jack

dvla boffins adive needed on 20:23 - Aug 28 by exiledclaseboy

That law applies only when you apply for the new tax disc before the previous one expires (as it says in your post) which the OP can't do because he has not MoT. So to use the car on Sunday he'll be driving it unlicensed and with no MoT and as a result his insurance will be invalid as well. Not a good idea really.

As others have said, the only time you can legally drive an unlicensed vehicle is to and from a pre-booked MoT test.

Yeah my reply was more directed to his 3 day myth bit more than anything, plus i didnt realise by Monday we are into another month. Winter blues on the way.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024