Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leaving early? 06:37 - Sep 15 with 5401 viewsozranger

T'was my first home game in 15 years yesterday. What got me was the number of fans who left before even the 90 minutes were up. We are leading 1-0 and hanging on. What are they wanting to leave early for? It cannot be transport as there is plenty of that. Are they on a promise or something? I chatted to one of the season ticket holders who said these people do it every game.
Leaving early? on 08:02 - Sep 15 with 5281 viewselnombre

Pleasure to meet you ozranger, hope you're enjoying the one-nils...

We might also have discussed the 'leave ten minutes early, back ten minutes late' approach to half-time. To be fair to them though, they never actually 'miss' a game...!
Leaving early? on 08:12 - Sep 15 with 5254 viewsessextaxiboy

One word answer ....beer. I enjoy a few drinks on a matchday but for some it is more important than the game. They arrive late because they tried to cram an extra one in , they need the toilet on around 25 min , go to the bar on 42 min , come back on 48 having necked 2 . Their bladder is so full they need the toilet again by 80 so leave on 85 regardless of the match situation .watch the last 2 min on the tv downstairs whilst enjoying a well earned bottle of Carlsberg ........
[Post edited 15 Sep 2013 8:18]
Leaving early? on 08:40 - Sep 15 with 5185 viewsDesertBoot

Same few sitting near me arrive at 3.05, scurry to the bar on 42 mins and return around the 50 mins mark.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Leaving early? on 08:41 - Sep 15 with 5183 viewsHarrowRoadR

My excuse is I have a walking problem so I generally leave when they annouce how many extra minutes to be played BUT I stand up the back. I just don't want to be crushed!
Leaving early? on 08:45 - Sep 15 with 5171 viewsgigiisourgod

Leaving early? on 08:41 - Sep 15 by HarrowRoadR

My excuse is I have a walking problem so I generally leave when they annouce how many extra minutes to be played BUT I stand up the back. I just don't want to be crushed!

Driving.
Leaving early? on 10:32 - Sep 15 with 5004 viewsHayesender

Leaving early? on 08:12 - Sep 15 by essextaxiboy

One word answer ....beer. I enjoy a few drinks on a matchday but for some it is more important than the game. They arrive late because they tried to cram an extra one in , they need the toilet on around 25 min , go to the bar on 42 min , come back on 48 having necked 2 . Their bladder is so full they need the toilet again by 80 so leave on 85 regardless of the match situation .watch the last 2 min on the tv downstairs whilst enjoying a well earned bottle of Carlsberg ........

Is it actually possible to enjoy a Carlsberg?

Awful stuff

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Leaving early? on 11:56 - Sep 15 with 4858 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Leaving early? on 08:40 - Sep 15 by DesertBoot

Same few sitting near me arrive at 3.05, scurry to the bar on 42 mins and return around the 50 mins mark.

Happens everywhere annoyingly, and every damn game too. Shame that yesterday's pair missed the goal as a result of said activities..!
[Post edited 15 Sep 2013 11:56]
Leaving early? on 12:40 - Sep 15 with 4787 viewsgeorgiosfs

Gotta do what the Aussies do and let you drink at your seat :-)
Login to get fewer ads

Leaving early? on 12:57 - Sep 15 with 4744 views18StoneOfHoop

Gotta do what Mickeys used to do on a heaving packed, no room-to-move Kop in the 60's and 70's; put a paper over your john thomas and piss on the punter in front.
Ah the great smell of communal Merseyside urine! "Walk on,walk on with soiled strides and the reeking malodouress whiff of piss.."

Look at the Harry Cross from Brookside speccy character in the bottom right hand corner of the Shankly Kop pic above ; quite clearly having a whizz.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2013 13:01]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Leaving early? on 12:58 - Sep 15 with 4737 viewskomradkirk

was seated for the kick off to both halves yesterday...so proud
Leaving early? on 13:07 - Sep 15 with 4721 viewsonlyrinmoray

If you are a long distance R you tend to make the most of the experience When I go I like to get there early watch every minute with a slash at half time Even stay there till all the players are off the pitch Go to the club shop as well
When I lived locally I stayed to the end but made a rush to white city for the train
You appreciate the matchday more if youve travelled long distances Cant get further than Oz My turn will be the Derby game
Leaving early? on 13:15 - Sep 15 with 4702 viewshoopstar67

Leaving early? on 08:12 - Sep 15 by essextaxiboy

Think its pathetic how grown men just wanna get lashed than rather watch the game. Prefer to drink themselves stupid.
Leaving early? on 13:32 - Sep 15 with 4651 viewsSomersetHoops

I very rarely leave early and only when we are playing really badly and the score is hopelessly against us. I normally drive from Somerset so drinking more than one pint is my limit unless we are staying overnight. I normally come up in time to eat in a local cafe with other members of my family unless the traffic is so bad I'm delayed and grab a burger from one of the vans. The choice of cafe always was Cafe Tuga, but it seems Paulo has gone and its closed, so we've been trying alternatives. I'm not keen on Nando's and the Hummingbird seems over-subscribed on match days now, so any suggestions would be welcome.

Who's Next?

Leaving early? on 15:44 - Sep 15 with 4531 viewsFredManRave

Whilst regularly being guilty of the arriving late to" cram another one in" syndrome I never leave a game early and was always the case even before the Port Vale away game. Presumably some people have trains to catch or other commitments to make but for those that just want to miss the rush, then that I just don't understand.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Leaving early? on 16:17 - Sep 15 with 4480 viewsizlingtonhoop

I spent a fair few extended periods in first halves behind the lower loft last season, when even carlsberg was preferable to what was happening in front of it. The first time being when Suarez's second went in. Became a slight habbit after that.
Only twice have I left early. Once when charlton put in a fourth and funny enough Swansea's fifth a year ago. I'd been arguing with my sons to leave for the white horse from the fourth..
Leaving early? on 18:51 - Sep 15 with 4305 viewsRblockPrior

Leaving early? on 16:17 - Sep 15 by izlingtonhoop

I spent a fair few extended periods in first halves behind the lower loft last season, when even carlsberg was preferable to what was happening in front of it. The first time being when Suarez's second went in. Became a slight habbit after that.
Only twice have I left early. Once when charlton put in a fourth and funny enough Swansea's fifth a year ago. I'd been arguing with my sons to leave for the white horse from the fourth..

Always does confuse me when ppl do arrive late and leave early near me there are a few around me that are the same every week

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Leaving early? on 19:18 - Sep 15 with 4267 views18StoneOfHoop

Leaving early? on 13:15 - Sep 15 by hoopstar67

Think its pathetic how grown men just wanna get lashed than rather watch the game. Prefer to drink themselves stupid.

Nice and sanctimonious for a Sunday that.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Leaving early? on 19:23 - Sep 15 with 4254 viewsdolcelatte

Leaving early? on 13:15 - Sep 15 by hoopstar67

or are so desperate for a fag they miss the action. 2 hours without a fag come on it's really not that hard...

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Leaving early? on 20:02 - Sep 15 with 4191 viewsclareranger

DO not want to leave early, I am there 2 hours before kick off, to enjoy the feeling of belonging to my fellow Rss , living on the west coast of Ireland,i have to catch my flight home as I can not afford to miss it I need to get a head start on the exit crowd , those 4 or 5 mins mean a lot, wish I could stay and take my time, I feel guilty enough as it is . FLYING THE HOOPS FLAG HERE EVERY MATCHDAY.
Leaving early? on 20:06 - Sep 15 with 4182 viewsizlingtonhoop

I remember being in th City Ground c1990 - the night famously, 'the shit hut the fan' - 4 - 0 (or 4-1) down at halftime, and some Rs fans feeling like making an early start back, and the cops were having none of it.
Leaving early? on 20:08 - Sep 15 with 4177 viewsizlingtonhoop

Leaving early? on 20:06 - Sep 15 by izlingtonhoop

I remember being in th City Ground c1990 - the night famously, 'the shit hut the fan' - 4 - 0 (or 4-1) down at halftime, and some Rs fans feeling like making an early start back, and the cops were having none of it.

Shit hit the fan, even...
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024