Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reg Jenkins shirt 16:22 - Oct 12 with 8204 viewsDerekHall5

I was in the club shop today and heard about a Reg Jenkins shirt being auctioned by the club shop. Does anyone have any info on this?
Reg Jenkins shirt on 17:08 - Oct 12 with 6333 viewsColDale

Can't be true. We wouldn't let an item of club history go for a few quid.
Reg Jenkins shirt on 17:28 - Oct 12 with 6295 viewsDerekHall5

Reg Jenkins shirt on 17:08 - Oct 12 by ColDale

Can't be true. We wouldn't let an item of club history go for a few quid.

It is true. I called in the club shop after the game to ask. Its signed by Reg Jenkins as well
Reg Jenkins shirt on 22:50 - Oct 12 with 6095 viewsmacaroo

Sad if true, I'll put £20 in any other fans fancy doing the same. This should be up in the Dale bar or Studds so every fan can enjoy it.
Reg Jenkins shirt on 22:58 - Oct 12 with 6077 viewsHopwoodblue

Reg Jenkins shirt on 22:50 - Oct 12 by macaroo

Sad if true, I'll put £20 in any other fans fancy doing the same. This should be up in the Dale bar or Studds so every fan can enjoy it.

One for the trust to sort ?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Reg Jenkins shirt on 23:09 - Oct 12 with 6065 viewsmacaroo

Not sure it should be down to the trust. I dont think the trust should be spending money to help the club make a quick buck. If there is any Reg stuff knocking about it should be up at the club so every Dale fan can appreciate it.
Reg Jenkins shirt on 23:10 - Oct 12 with 6058 viewsHopwoodblue

Reg Jenkins shirt on 23:09 - Oct 12 by macaroo

Not sure it should be down to the trust. I dont think the trust should be spending money to help the club make a quick buck. If there is any Reg stuff knocking about it should be up at the club so every Dale fan can appreciate it.

It should be given to the trust by the club in exchange for help with the floodlights surely?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Reg Jenkins shirt on 23:16 - Oct 12 with 6041 viewsTomRAFC

Reg Jenkins shirt on 22:50 - Oct 12 by macaroo

a very wise idea indeed! A piece of heritage like this needs to be kept open to the public.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Reg Jenkins shirt on 23:17 - Oct 12 with 6040 viewsmacaroo

It should be just given!!
Login to get fewer ads

Reg Jenkins shirt on 23:20 - Oct 12 with 6032 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Reg Jenkins shirt on 23:17 - Oct 12 by macaroo

It should be just given!!

Why is the signature of a dead guy in such high regard?
Reg Jenkins shirt on 23:27 - Oct 12 with 6017 viewsTomRAFC

Reg Jenkins shirt on 23:20 - Oct 12 by Albert_Whitehurst

Reg Jenkins shirt on 09:06 - Oct 13 with 5929 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

I may have misunderstood. Is this a match worn original shirt or a replica that was signed?

If the former then that's a pretty impressive piece of memorabilia as so little original Dale stuff seems to exist. I see quite a lot of the 'replica shirt signed' stuff and don't quite get why they hold so much value.
Reg Jenkins shirt on 10:02 - Oct 13 with 5888 viewsnordenblue

That's a shocking comment in any context
Reg Jenkins shirt on 12:03 - Oct 13 with 5830 views49thseason

Reg Jenkins shirt on 23:20 - Oct 12 by Albert_Whitehurst

Simply because Reg Jenkins was one of, if not the best player, ever to grace a Rochdale shirt.

He epitomised what RAFC is all about; "proper" football, a love of the game and gentlemanly behaviour at all times.

Any way that the club can celebrate his life and playing career should be grasped with both hands and his contribution to Rochdale should be used as a yardstick whenever anyone thinks of bringing in someone who falls short of the standards Reg set for our club.

I'm sorry if you can't understand this.
Reg Jenkins shirt on 12:12 - Oct 13 with 5809 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

My original comment is/was poorly put. Re-reading it.....pretty poor grammar also!

Looking more widely than Dale...football...sport...there is a morbid fascination in having signatures of folk who are no longer around. I'm in two minds over whether the signature adds value to the original item.

An original shirt, worn by Reg Jenkins, is worth a lot of money as it stands. Having his signature on there doesn't make the item any more personal (he wore it, played in it, sweated in it and scored goals in it)...does it make it more valuable signed?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2013 12:13]
Reg Jenkins shirt on 12:15 - Oct 13 with 5796 views49thseason

Reg Jenkins shirt on 12:12 - Oct 13 by Albert_Whitehurst

My original comment is/was poorly put. Re-reading it.....pretty poor grammar also!

Looking more widely than Dale...football...sport...there is a morbid fascination in having signatures of folk who are no longer around. I'm in two minds over whether the signature adds value to the original item.

An original shirt, worn by Reg Jenkins, is worth a lot of money as it stands. Having his signature on there doesn't make the item any more personal (he wore it, played in it, sweated in it and scored goals in it)...does it make it more valuable signed?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2013 12:13]

Apology accepted

The lack of any permanent memorial to "Big Reg" at Spotland is a source of disappointment.
Reg Jenkins shirt on 12:18 - Oct 13 with 5790 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Reg Jenkins shirt on 12:15 - Oct 13 by 49thseason

Apology accepted

The lack of any permanent memorial to "Big Reg" at Spotland is a source of disappointment.

What apology?
Reg Jenkins shirt on 12:31 - Oct 13 with 5766 views442Dale

This falls into the "some fans care enough so it matters" category. My opinion: there is no way such an item should be sold. But can understand why others don't really mind, they might not have an interest.

On the wider subject, just as some people collect signatures and see the value in them, others collect programmes/ticket stubs/stamps/coins/Blackwell quotes.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Reg Jenkins shirt on 17:35 - Oct 13 with 5648 viewsTomRAFC

Any young fan who never got to see reg play but met him will recall it as an incredible experience.

Reg isn't just remembered for his football but for his conduct and love of the club and it's supporters after he retired.

A proper piece of Reg memorabilia is something that the club should proudly display and that as a fan I am more than happy to contribute towards in the way suggest by macaroo.

Even if it does mean some users of this message board have to not enjoy their usual contrarianism (try to be strong... deep breaths).
[Post edited 13 Oct 2013 17:36]

Reg Jenkins shirt on 20:32 - Oct 13 with 5555 viewsdilligas

The Reg Jenkins stand anyone? As their is no sponsor for the away stand
Reg Jenkins shirt on 22:07 - Oct 13 with 5490 views49thseason

Reg Jenkins shirt on 20:32 - Oct 13 by dilligas

The Reg Jenkins stand anyone? As their is no sponsor for the away stand

That should have been done the day after his funeral.
Reg Jenkins shirt on 23:07 - Oct 13 with 5448 viewspioneer

Reg Jenkins shirt on 22:07 - Oct 13 by 49thseason

That should have been done the day after his funeral.

Yes, the silence and inactivity by the board on this matter is shameful and embarrasing
Reg Jenkins shirt on 09:08 - Oct 14 with 5357 viewsUPTHEDALE02

Is the shirt being auctioned online or in the club shop? I've looked on the official site but can't see anything about it.
Reg Jenkins shirt on 11:41 - Oct 14 with 5294 viewsDerekHall5

Reg Jenkins shirt on 09:08 - Oct 14 by UPTHEDALE02

Is the shirt being auctioned online or in the club shop? I've looked on the official site but can't see anything about it.

I rang the club shop for more clarity on this. Stuart is dealing with it but he wasn't available. It seems to be a 1969 retro shirt that is framed with Reg's signature.
Reg Jenkins shirt on 11:43 - Oct 14 with 5290 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Reg Jenkins shirt on 11:41 - Oct 14 by DerekHall5

I rang the club shop for more clarity on this. Stuart is dealing with it but he wasn't available. It seems to be a 1969 retro shirt that is framed with Reg's signature.

That's a bit naff then. Was getting excited that it was an original.

The club should be putting this up on show at Spotland in one of the bars...not making a quick buck on the back of a signatre on a replica.

Disappointed.
Reg Jenkins shirt on 13:29 - Oct 14 with 5214 viewsColDale

On the assumption that we get around £500 for this, how much of a difference to the running of the club will this make? Is it going to fund a key signing? Is it being used to prevent a forced sale? Or is it being used to mask poor shop sales?

If a Reg Jenkins signed shirt isn't worthy of being retained, then nothing is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024