Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's responsible for backup shirts? 10:58 - Nov 30 with 4645 viewsmikecph

On a couple of occasions not having backup shirts ready for players who need to change mid-game has been an issue. Michu in one game and Amat recently. That means we are playing 10 man for any number of minutes - because of a problem that should be very easy to manage with just a minimum of care. It is also in these moments that we see ML at his most frustrated state pacing about the bench area gesticulating etc. But really - shouldn't he delegate that responsibility. Right now it seems so random like everyone is thinking "Hey did we bring those extra shirts and where did we put them?"
Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 11:11 - Nov 30 with 3819 viewsjack_the_lad

I would think it must be the kit man?
Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 11:14 - Nov 30 with 3814 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Simple solution is to put two shirts in the home dressing room pegs so that if the one has blood on it Suzanne can run into the dressing room and get the other one.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 11:26 - Nov 30 with 3795 viewsSA1_Jack

I was wondering what would happen if we had been playing away. With Michu they had to go to the club shop. Wouldn't have that luxury away from home. Would have had to have borrowed off a fan!

First time it happened seemed to catch us off guard, not really sure how we had to see it happen for the second time in about a month though. Surely it can't happen again.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2013 11:27]
Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 11:35 - Nov 30 with 3761 viewsJackfath

Frankly it's highly amateurish.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 11:46 - Nov 30 with 3753 viewsswans11

Michu had spare shirt but he got blood on it putting it on. He then put on shirt no number allowed play .2nd half kit man had gone get extra shirts made. That wasn't that bad but amats was shocking not even one back up shirt ready
Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 14:01 - Nov 30 with 3648 viewsLord_Bony

I know they might be a bit strapped for cash and can t afford to pay for the shirts like the rest of us have to,so why not try the following.

Have an extra staff on the day,the guy and the printing machine close by,near the dug out.

When there's a call then he can spring into action and knock one up in about 5 mins I reckon if someone gives him a hand and that like.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 14:04 - Nov 30 with 3638 viewsjack_the_lad

Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 14:01 - Nov 30 by Lord_Bony

I know they might be a bit strapped for cash and can t afford to pay for the shirts like the rest of us have to,so why not try the following.

Have an extra staff on the day,the guy and the printing machine close by,near the dug out.

When there's a call then he can spring into action and knock one up in about 5 mins I reckon if someone gives him a hand and that like.

They couldn't possibly do that the shop closes at KO time
Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 14:15 - Nov 30 with 3623 viewsLord_Bony

Well could they show the players how to use the machine then?

They could just type in their name an that and it would print it out without them havin to run down to the shop for another one .

I reckon it would save a good couple minutes than just waiting round like they are now tryin to find the keys to the shop and calling the bloke up to come to the shop an that.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 14:28 - Nov 30 with 3595 viewsAndy1300

Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 11:14 - Nov 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Simple solution is to put two shirts in the home dressing room pegs so that if the one has blood on it Suzanne can run into the dressing room and get the other one.

Was saying exactly this on Thursday.....bloody farcical

Number 1 team in Wales

Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 14:37 - Nov 30 with 3572 viewsSwanfan1

I was fuming as feck, and I wonder what ML was thinking,
I would certainly not just forget a situation like that, it disrupted the whole team since it was a center back, and I also remember Michu not being properly treated with his head bleeding and he got frustrated, this is very amateurish and should not be something to experience specially when you blown 12 Million on one player.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 15:52 - Nov 30 with 3513 viewsjack_the_lad

Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 14:15 - Nov 30 by Lord_Bony

Well could they show the players how to use the machine then?

They could just type in their name an that and it would print it out without them havin to run down to the shop for another one .

I reckon it would save a good couple minutes than just waiting round like they are now tryin to find the keys to the shop and calling the bloke up to come to the shop an that.

You're joking right?
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:21 - Nov 30 with 3484 views2face

I don't think the current kit man will have the job for much longer.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2013 16:21]
Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 16:23 - Nov 30 with 3475 viewsbermudajack

Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 15:52 - Nov 30 by jack_the_lad

You're joking right?

This "they had to go to the club shop to get them printed" is a load of crap...

I asked the guy in the shop today... He said " they have their own kit room in the stadium with their own printing machine, we have never printed a shirt for anyone during any game"

So there you go...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 16:48 - Nov 30 with 3437 viewsBravoJack

The kitman needs to lay off the chicken curry pies. Might move a little quicker in these circumstances then!
Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 17:45 - Nov 30 with 3391 viewsSA1_Jack

Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 16:48 - Nov 30 by BravoJack

The kitman needs to lay off the chicken curry pies. Might move a little quicker in these circumstances then!

Yeah it was bad enough as it was, but we were just lucky he didn't have to run around the pitch again like the last time with Michu!

Saying that perhaps he could get a Segway, or a monkey bike? Or even better a radio controlled car.
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:22 - Nov 30 with 3260 viewswaynekerr55

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:21 - Nov 30 by 2face

I don't think the current kit man will have the job for much longer.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2013 16:21]

the kit woman you mean. ask some of the academy staff past and present what they make of her...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:26 - Nov 30 with 3254 viewsDarran

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:22 - Nov 30 by waynekerr55

the kit woman you mean. ask some of the academy staff past and present what they make of her...

Not sure where you get your info from Wayne but you'd struggle to find a a better more professional member of staff than Suzan.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:39 - Nov 30 with 3242 viewsSwanseajill

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:26 - Nov 30 by Darran

Not sure where you get your info from Wayne but you'd struggle to find a a better more professional member of staff than Suzan.

This
Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 23:58 - Nov 30 with 3229 viewsJokeren1943

Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 11:35 - Nov 30 by Jackfath

Frankly it's highly amateurish.

Agree

Just have an extra back of shirts where the coach and players are. How hard can it be. We had the same situation with Michu (not long ago).

Each time Swansea wasted several minuts waiting for a clean shirt.

I am sure that the club have learned from those two incidents.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2013 0:10]
Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 00:43 - Dec 1 with 3200 viewsMolliemick

Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 23:58 - Nov 30 by Jokeren1943

Agree

Just have an extra back of shirts where the coach and players are. How hard can it be. We had the same situation with Michu (not long ago).

Each time Swansea wasted several minuts waiting for a clean shirt.

I am sure that the club have learned from those two incidents.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2013 0:10]

I do not see the point in having to wear a clean shirt. It is not as if they are going on a date with an attractive woman!? Of course, there may be a problem if the opposition are wearing red and the injured guy bleeds a lot!
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:42 - Dec 1 with 3102 viewslovejuicejack

Yeah your right only problem is Suzane struggles to find a new shirt for players when they need one at important times like during a game .. hardly professional is it?
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:47 - Dec 1 with 3081 viewsDarran

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:42 - Dec 1 by lovejuicejack

Yeah your right only problem is Suzane struggles to find a new shirt for players when they need one at important times like during a game .. hardly professional is it?

Was it to do with her then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 14:24 - Dec 1 with 2996 viewsLaudrup

Cardiff has figured all this out, just switch to red shirts and blood stains won't be a issue anymore.

I hate signatures

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:45 - Dec 2 with 2837 viewswaynekerr55

Well I can tell you for one thing I remember about 5 or 6 years ago that Lynn (Huw's mate) got her flowers for Xmas and asked the academy staff to chip in and not one of them gave money due to the way she spoke to them

Perhaps she's had some emotional intelligence training since then as part of her CPD
[Post edited 2 Dec 2013 8:46]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 08:53 - Dec 2 with 2827 viewsUxbridge

Who's responsible for backup shirts? on 11:14 - Nov 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Wasn't the issue with Michu that his spare shirt also got blood on it due to the failure of the physio to stop the bleeding, and then it took an age to get third? Seems like the same problem happened with Amat but luckily they either got a third shirt or they washed it out?

Seems like maybe the club learned their lesson but maybe the physio didn't?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024