Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
driving to chelsea 09:19 - Dec 13 with 2395 viewsjackado

Anyone recommended which way is best to drive to Chelsea on boxing day as there's no return trains so looks like I'm driving
driving to chelsea on 09:25 - Dec 13 with 2384 viewsJackanapes

I would imagine the m4/a4 will take you most of the way. Its actually in Fulham so thats not far from the A4.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

driving to chelsea on 09:26 - Dec 13 with 2381 viewsJackanapes

BY CAR:
Fans are advised NOT to drive to Stamford Bridge due to parking restrictions in the area, especially on matchdays.

Driving from The North, East or West:
Use the M25 to Junction 15 and turn off onto the M4 towards London. Follow the M4 which becomes the A4 up to Hammersmith. Go over the Hammersmith Flyover and a further 1.5 miles before turning off for Earls Court. Go past Earls Court station and across Old Brompton Road, eventually reaching Fulham Road. Turn right at the traffic lights. After 600 yards, the ground is on the right. Parking is difficult very close to the ground

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

driving to chelsea on 09:28 - Dec 13 with 2375 viewsShaky

driving to chelsea on 09:25 - Dec 13 by Jackanapes

I would imagine the m4/a4 will take you most of the way. Its actually in Fulham so thats not far from the A4.

M4 all the way then turn right after Tescos at the small elevated section.

The question though is where are you going to park?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

driving to chelsea on 09:57 - Dec 13 with 2344 viewsjackado

That's what i was wondering any suggestions would i be better off parking up somewhere and getting a tube/train in?
driving to chelsea on 10:05 - Dec 13 with 2327 viewsjacksinceever

driving to chelsea on 09:57 - Dec 13 by jackado

That's what i was wondering any suggestions would i be better off parking up somewhere and getting a tube/train in?

search for park at my house or similar
They'll get you to a nearby convenient parking space with a quick getaway
Just used it to book for Man U cup match
driving to chelsea on 10:06 - Dec 13 with 2327 viewsItchySphincter

Chelsea is one of the easiest to drive to, expect to sit in traffic for a while though. My recommendation would be to park either in Seagrave Rd car park opposite Earl's Court 2 just off Old Brompton Rd or Edith Grove which is just at the bottom of Earl's court Rd just before you get to the embankment. M4/A4 all the way until you get to the big Junction that sign posts Olymia/Central London straight ahead, Chelsea/Emabankment right. Go right there. Approx 10min walk from either of those car parks to ground.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

driving to chelsea on 10:10 - Dec 13 with 2316 viewsItchySphincter

driving to chelsea on 09:57 - Dec 13 by jackado

Plenty of tubes in to Fulham Broadway, depends if you want to faff around parking then getting a train. I have parked in Osterley before now and tubed it in, there is a pay and display car park next to the station. You'll have to change at Earl's Court for Fulham Broadway.

driving to chelsea on 10:20 - Dec 13 with 2291 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I've parked in Hammersmith before and then tube. Plenty of street parking in Hammersmith and a multi-storey that's about a fiver for a few hours.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

driving to chelsea on 10:37 - Dec 13 with 2264 viewsSpratty

driving to chelsea on 10:20 - Dec 13 by Joe_bradshaw

I've parked in Hammersmith before and then tube. Plenty of street parking in Hammersmith and a multi-storey that's about a fiver for a few hours.

Yep handy as Hammersmith at end of M4.

Can also walk from Hammersmith down Fulham Palace Road/Lille Road/Dawes Road (about 40 mins - just a bit longer than the walk to Fulham ground).

There is also on street parking along this route (so long as not too close to Chelsea ground restrictions). We usually avoid this because of getting caught in match traffic. The (expensive) Street parking charges are lifted in the areas just outside Hammersmith/Fulham on week-ends so hopefully this will be the case on Bank Holidays too.
driving to chelsea on 10:38 - Dec 13 with 2262 viewsmonmouth

driving to chelsea on 10:10 - Dec 13 by ItchySphincter

Plenty of tubes in to Fulham Broadway, depends if you want to faff around parking then getting a train. I have parked in Osterley before now and tubed it in, there is a pay and display car park next to the station. You'll have to change at Earl's Court for Fulham Broadway.

Aye Osterley or one of the Hounslows tube gets you in and out more conveniently than fannying around with Earls Court and Kings Road traffic.....especially Harrods sale traffic...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

driving to chelsea on 10:44 - Dec 13 with 2254 viewsDarran

The biggest problem with driving to Chelsea for most people isn't driving to Chelsea it's how fast they can get away after the game because they're in a rush to go nowhere.
Everytime I go to Stamford Bridge I park under Fulham Broadway shopping centre and even though the car park doesn't open untill an hour after full time I never have a problem,for instance on a 3pm Saturday afternoon kick off I left at just before 6pm and was in the house before 9:30pm.

Like I say though if you're in a rush to go nowhere it obviously isn't suitable.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

driving to chelsea on 10:55 - Dec 13 with 2238 viewsItchySphincter

driving to chelsea on 10:44 - Dec 13 by Darran

The biggest problem with driving to Chelsea for most people isn't driving to Chelsea it's how fast they can get away after the game because they're in a rush to go nowhere.
Everytime I go to Stamford Bridge I park under Fulham Broadway shopping centre and even though the car park doesn't open untill an hour after full time I never have a problem,for instance on a 3pm Saturday afternoon kick off I left at just before 6pm and was in the house before 9:30pm.

Like I say though if you're in a rush to go nowhere it obviously isn't suitable.

True dat.

driving to chelsea on 11:31 - Dec 13 with 2218 viewsSpratty

Beauty of walking to Hammersmith, pass all the queues and are straight off and on the M4 home whilst others still queuing. Agree probably not much quicker than just waiting an hour in the scheme of things but feels good not to be trapped in queues.
driving to chelsea on 14:55 - Dec 13 with 2141 viewsepaul

Definately best to park out near Piccadilly Line. Tube it into earls court have a few beers there as closer to the round not many pubs you can get in. Then stroll through Brompton Cemetry to the ground 20 mins

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

driving to chelsea on 15:09 - Dec 13 with 2126 viewsScoobyWho

Do what you do every time you follow the swans to London !

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

driving to chelsea on 15:12 - Dec 13 with 2120 viewsDarran

driving to chelsea on 15:09 - Dec 13 by ScoobyWho

Do what you do every time you follow the swans to London !

Fair play you don't change.

driving to chelsea on 15:26 - Dec 13 with 2113 viewsItchySphincter

driving to chelsea on 14:55 - Dec 13 by epaul

Definately best to park out near Piccadilly Line. Tube it into earls court have a few beers there as closer to the round not many pubs you can get in. Then stroll through Brompton Cemetry to the ground 20 mins

I've considered cutting through the cematary but never done it. Don't like the thought of walking through there in the dark, it's awfully big and I don't want to get lost in there.

driving to chelsea on 15:47 - Dec 13 with 2094 viewsepaul

driving to chelsea on 15:26 - Dec 13 by ItchySphincter

I've considered cutting through the cematary but never done it. Don't like the thought of walking through there in the dark, it's awfully big and I don't want to get lost in there.

It'll be daylight before ko mun! after the match just get to Fulham broadway tube as soon as!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

driving to chelsea on 21:07 - Dec 13 with 2005 viewsScoobyWho

driving to chelsea on 15:12 - Dec 13 by Darran

Fair play you don't change.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

driving to chelsea on 23:36 - Dec 13 with 1945 viewsjack_lord

driving to chelsea on 10:44 - Dec 13 by Darran

My family in London (Chelsea fans) park on the street a short walk from the ground and are out very quickly after final whistle.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

driving to chelsea on 11:13 - Dec 14 with 1870 viewsItchySphincter

Not much street parking around there, they must be very lucky. Only QPR and Fulham are worse for street parking imo.

driving to chelsea on 11:36 - Dec 14 with 1861 viewsbermudajack

driving to chelsea on 11:13 - Dec 14 by ItchySphincter

Not much street parking around there, they must be very lucky. Only QPR and Fulham are worse for street parking imo.

I've parked twice in the pay and display Chelsea Hospital basement car park and walked 15 mins to the ground... Don't expect to get away quickly though, nor a nice pint before the game, all local pubs around the ground are strictly home fans only...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

driving to chelsea on 11:38 - Dec 14 with 1858 viewsDarran

driving to chelsea on 23:36 - Dec 13 by jack_lord

My family in London (Chelsea fans) park on the street a short walk from the ground and are out very quickly after final whistle.

Don't listen it this it's not correct.

driving to chelsea on 12:05 - Dec 14 with 1850 viewsJackFish

I don't remember exactly where it was, but we parked on the street about 15 mins walk from the ground last season and got out pretty quickly after the game.
driving to chelsea on 12:13 - Dec 14 with 1844 viewsShaky

I know of a few places near the Embankment where you normally might find a space, but I wouldn't count on it around Christmas; Kensington & Chelsea are well known to have issued far more residents' permits than there are spaces and I wouldn't have thought there is going to be much available by way of street parking.

If I were driving in I would probably park somewhere around Kew Gardens, then get the District line in from either Kew Gardens of Richmond depending on how far down you have to go to find a space.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024