Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Only Bony in the box for Swansea" 10:40 - Dec 29 with 1493 viewsTheFranchise

That's a comment made far too often by commentators.
"Only Bony in the box for Swansea" on 10:42 - Dec 29 with 1476 viewswaynekerr55

that must be his fault also

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

"Only Bony in the box for Swansea" on 10:43 - Dec 29 with 1469 viewsTheFranchise

"Only Bony in the box for Swansea" on 10:42 - Dec 29 by waynekerr55

that must be his fault also

maybe he needs to shower more often?
(No subject) on 10:57 - Dec 29 with 1437 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Definitely something we could improve on, especially in games like yesterday where we are completely dominating possession.

I think it's not so much tactical as down to personnel. Pablo just isn't wired that way, he doesn't have that instinct to get in the box to try and finish a move, likewise Routs. JDG likes to hang around the edge of the box looking for loose balls to put away, like his chance yesterday, as does Jonjo. The only attackers we have with that instinct to get into the box are Michu and Dyer - one is a supreme finisher, one maybe not so ;) but both crocked at the moment, leaving us with a lack of numbers where it counts on occasion. Lamah certainly looks like he has it in him though, would like to see more of him at least until we bring someone else in or Dyer returns.

Before anyone points out - I'm not mentioning Bony as I'm talking about the midfielders supporting him.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

(No subject) on 10:59 - Dec 29 with 1421 viewsDr_Winston

(No subject) on 10:57 - Dec 29 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Definitely something we could improve on, especially in games like yesterday where we are completely dominating possession.

I think it's not so much tactical as down to personnel. Pablo just isn't wired that way, he doesn't have that instinct to get in the box to try and finish a move, likewise Routs. JDG likes to hang around the edge of the box looking for loose balls to put away, like his chance yesterday, as does Jonjo. The only attackers we have with that instinct to get into the box are Michu and Dyer - one is a supreme finisher, one maybe not so ;) but both crocked at the moment, leaving us with a lack of numbers where it counts on occasion. Lamah certainly looks like he has it in him though, would like to see more of him at least until we bring someone else in or Dyer returns.

Before anyone points out - I'm not mentioning Bony as I'm talking about the midfielders supporting him.

It's the sort of thing that Sinclair was so good at.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

"Only Bony in the box for Swansea" on 11:01 - Dec 29 with 1412 viewsTheFranchise

Our final ball lets us down, we know this. You have to look at solutions, finding one player in a box full of opposition defenders is nearly impossible.

Someone else needs to be helping in there, who was playing at the point of the triangle yesterday? That position is equally important to our system as Leon or Canas is in their position.
"Only Bony in the box for Swansea" on 11:02 - Dec 29 with 1406 viewsDr_Winston

"Only Bony in the box for Swansea" on 11:01 - Dec 29 by TheFranchise

Our final ball lets us down, we know this. You have to look at solutions, finding one player in a box full of opposition defenders is nearly impossible.

Someone else needs to be helping in there, who was playing at the point of the triangle yesterday? That position is equally important to our system as Leon or Canas is in their position.

Shelvey wasn't it?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

"Only Bony in the box for Swansea" on 11:05 - Dec 29 with 1386 viewsTheFranchise

"Only Bony in the box for Swansea" on 11:02 - Dec 29 by Dr_Winston

Shelvey wasn't it?

He naturally occupies a Lampard/Gerrard position outside the box.

When crossing from wide there should be 3 in there at least. Our striker, the attacking centre midfielder and the opposite winger attacking the far post.

We aren't playing poorly, little things that used to work aren't clicking right now that's all.
"Only Bony in the box for Swansea" on 11:08 - Dec 29 with 1379 viewsmonmouth

Look on the bright side...it's one more body than when Michu plays up front ;)

This was the only thing that really disappointed me yesterday. A bit more courage to get people in the box would have produced more I think, but perhaps they thought that AV are only a threat on counter attack so that was the only way we could really lose that game and eventually we'd get one anyway. To be fair, on another day Ben scores that 'unmissable' header, and De Guz's shot is six inches to the right.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

"Only Bony in the box for Swansea" on 11:11 - Dec 29 with 1365 viewsUxbridge

We miss Michu in that regard. Don't see Shelvey as the answer at ACM.

Shame those criticising Bony don't realise he's having little to no support. that's not to say he always helps himself but there are mitigating circumstances.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

"Only Bony in the box for Swansea" on 11:11 - Dec 29 with 1364 viewsDr_Winston

"Only Bony in the box for Swansea" on 11:05 - Dec 29 by TheFranchise

When crossing from wide there should be 3 in there at least. Our striker, the attacking centre midfielder and the opposite winger attacking the far post.

We aren't playing poorly, little things that used to work aren't clicking right now that's all.

Think our wingers are generally too busy trying to stop most of our crosses going out for throw ins than attacking them.

It does work occasionally though. Like Lamah.

(No subject) on 11:13 - Dec 29 with 1358 viewsDr_Winston

"Only Bony in the box for Swansea" on 11:11 - Dec 29 by Uxbridge

We miss Michu in that regard. Don't see Shelvey as the answer at ACM.

Shame those criticising Bony don't realise he's having little to no support. that's not to say he always helps himself but there are mitigating circumstances.

The criticism of Bony is like Deja Vu.

Scotland took almost identical stick when he was lumbered with Butler on one wing and Gower on the other. Pretty much every striker we've had since switching to one up front has copped it at one point or another.

I'm just wondering how long it'll take before even the densest amongst us spots the connection.

This post has been edited by an administrator

"Only Bony in the box for Swansea" on 11:20 - Dec 29 with 1329 viewsShins

"Only Bony in the box for Swansea" on 11:05 - Dec 29 by TheFranchise

We saw the benefit of that yesterday for Lamar's goal. More often than not, if Ben or Angel aren't doing it then our wingers are too narrow or too deep.

Agree with regards to the AM situation. Michu does it, Pozuelo sometimes gets in there too but no other player 'regularly' makes a run into the box.
Our attacking percentage play is quite conservative most of the time, hence not much penetration..

#ISTAYFORTHE90

(No subject) on 13:23 - Dec 29 with 1181 viewswaynekerr55

(No subject) on 11:13 - Dec 29 by Dr_Winston

The criticism of Bony is like Deja Vu.

Scotland took almost identical stick when he was lumbered with Butler on one wing and Gower on the other. Pretty much every striker we've had since switching to one up front has copped it at one point or another.

I'm just wondering how long it'll take before even the densest amongst us spots the connection.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I wouldn't hold my breath doc... I heard people advocating pumping the ball into channels against Everton...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

"Only Bony in the box for Swansea" on 13:41 - Dec 29 with 1142 viewsRancid

It baffles me.Everything we need and what's being asked in this thread we've got.Not right now because he's injured but Bony up top with Michu charging into the box is a no brainer.Why it hasn't been used more god only knows.It seems to be either one or the other and hardly ever both.It's what we've been missing for most of the season.All we need now is for Laudrup to see it and away we go.

I'd like to think that when Michu is fit again we'll start this way and with a less difficult finish to the season hopefully we should kick on and finish strongly.
(No subject) on 13:47 - Dec 29 with 1118 viewsDull1Thomas

(No subject) on 10:57 - Dec 29 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I'd add Ben and Rangel to that

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

"Only Bony in the box for Swansea" on 14:31 - Dec 29 with 1044 viewsJokeren1943

It is clearly something Swansea has worked on the last couple ot weeks. We see Lamah, Tiendalli, Shelvey, Davies etc in the box much more then earlier (but we can still be even more aggressive on that part).
"Only Bony in the box for Swansea" on 15:20 - Dec 29 with 980 viewsgevans

"Only Bony in the box for Swansea" on 13:41 - Dec 29 by Rancid

It baffles me.Everything we need and what's being asked in this thread we've got.Not right now because he's injured but Bony up top with Michu charging into the box is a no brainer.Why it hasn't been used more god only knows.It seems to be either one or the other and hardly ever both.It's what we've been missing for most of the season.All we need now is for Laudrup to see it and away we go.

I'd like to think that when Michu is fit again we'll start this way and with a less difficult finish to the season hopefully we should kick on and finish strongly.

Excellent post, It's what I been saying for a while. Michu is the only player that naturally drifts into the box late unmarked. Shelvey being asked to play that role but more often then not he is the one putting the cross in. Bony up front, Michu behind him is the way to go. Would like to see Shelve drop to a deeper midfield role.
I thought Pozeulo played well behind striker when he came on, linked midfield & striker well but doesn't make that late run into box.
(No subject) on 19:01 - Dec 29 with 857 viewsMolliemick

In my opinion Bony is the perfect striker ---- he is permanently on strike!
(No subject) on 19:16 - Dec 29 with 837 viewstherealme

(No subject) on 13:23 - Dec 29 by waynekerr55

I wouldn't hold my breath doc... I heard people advocating pumping the ball into channels against Everton...

Some fans recently (only a small minority i think) need reminding what our philosophy is and what we're about.

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024