Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emyr Huws 21:45 - Jan 15 with 10133 viewsSwanfan1

just entered for City !!

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Emyr Huws on 20:21 - Jan 17 with 1149 viewsrollercoaster

Emyr Huws on 20:19 - Jan 17 by waynekerr55

Quality pal - great news!

In Watford pal. You still in Primary School

Yes mate still teaching, running Pontardawe's academy now with Kev too. Who you coaching with?
Emyr Huws on 20:24 - Jan 17 with 1145 viewswaynekerr55

Emyr Huws on 20:21 - Jan 17 by rollercoaster

Yes mate still teaching, running Pontardawe's academy now with Kev too. Who you coaching with?

Very little doing bits on our college scheme with Wealdstone. Some good boys up here to be fair.

Will the Hodds be returning to academy football?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Emyr Huws on 20:31 - Jan 17 with 1127 viewsrollercoaster

Emyr Huws on 20:24 - Jan 17 by waynekerr55

Very little doing bits on our college scheme with Wealdstone. Some good boys up here to be fair.

Will the Hodds be returning to academy football?

I don't think so mate, speaking to some of the lads it's a full time job now! Training 4 nights a week and a match on Sunday, all the paperwork that goes with it. Too much for me with teaching too!
Emyr Huws on 21:39 - Jan 17 with 1072 viewsbonymine

Emyr Huws on 20:31 - Jan 17 by rollercoaster

I don't think so mate, speaking to some of the lads it's a full time job now! Training 4 nights a week and a match on Sunday, all the paperwork that goes with it. Too much for me with teaching too!

Only you could come out with the 'I signed him for the Swans/I spoke to Roberto and Huw etc....' the truth is that you and your brother were average footballers at best and when coaching always put yourselves up there with any team achievement and definitely coached above your level. The best coaches I know are happy to remain in the background whilst their players quite rightly take the plaudits............. take a leaf out of Phil Evans'book he has coached Swansea Schoolboys for many years and been very successful with Lakey and is happy to stay out of the limelight. You my friend otherwise seek to promote your ego with such misleading quotes as above................

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Emyr Huws on 22:43 - Jan 17 with 1032 viewsMillJack

Emyr Huws on 21:39 - Jan 17 by bonymine

Only you could come out with the 'I signed him for the Swans/I spoke to Roberto and Huw etc....' the truth is that you and your brother were average footballers at best and when coaching always put yourselves up there with any team achievement and definitely coached above your level. The best coaches I know are happy to remain in the background whilst their players quite rightly take the plaudits............. take a leaf out of Phil Evans'book he has coached Swansea Schoolboys for many years and been very successful with Lakey and is happy to stay out of the limelight. You my friend otherwise seek to promote your ego with such misleading quotes as above................

Sounds like someone's bitter about something, not sure what their playing ability has to do with the subject at hand.

"The best coaches I know are happy to remain in the background whilst their players quite rightly take the plaudits" - Like Mourinho??

The fact is that Andrew was coach of the Under 9's when Emyr was brought in to train as an Under 8. I don't see anywhere that he has stated that his entire development was down to him.
Emyr Huws on 23:10 - Jan 17 with 991 viewsrollercoaster

Emyr Huws on 21:39 - Jan 17 by bonymine

Promoting my ego? I was in a privileged role as first age group at the Swans. I spent hours scouting players and signing them at the u9 trials. This was before we had official scouts. Emyr was one I signed amongst others. I scouted Ben Davies for Cwrt Herbert too and I am proud and chuffed that they have gone on to do well. I am sure there will be plenty more too including Phil's son Kieran who is a class act. I know Phil well so what is your name I'll pass on your positive comments. With regards to footballing ability, dunno how we got on to that. Enjoyed playing obviously not up to your required standard but hey ho.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024