Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scott Tanser 17:56 - Aug 9 with 2267 views100notout

Take a bow young man.

Continue playing like that and that position is all yours

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Scott Tanser on 18:03 - Aug 9 with 2211 viewsD_Alien

When you consider his age, lack of football league experience and how short of being physically fully-developed he is, it was simply outstanding. Against a tall and well-built outfit he not only acquitted himself well, but created the sequence of play from a difficult position that led to Donnelly's chance.

He can only get better. We've got another diamond on our hands, but I'm not wishing to overload him with expectations and he'll no doubt have a few dodgy games. Full marks to Hilly for showing confidence in him first game of the season.

[Post edited 9 Aug 2014 18:04]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Scott Tanser on 18:07 - Aug 9 with 2171 viewsSalwaDale

Scott Tanser on 18:03 - Aug 9 by D_Alien

When you consider his age, lack of football league experience and how short of being physically fully-developed he is, it was simply outstanding. Against a tall and well-built outfit he not only acquitted himself well, but created the sequence of play from a difficult position that led to Donnelly's chance.

He can only get better. We've got another diamond on our hands, but I'm not wishing to overload him with expectations and he'll no doubt have a few dodgy games. Full marks to Hilly for showing confidence in him first game of the season.

[Post edited 9 Aug 2014 18:04]

He is in the team on merit and was superb today. His job now is to keep improving. Good in the air, some excellent tackles and wonderful distribution. Keep it up Scott.

TBBT

Scott Tanser on 18:19 - Aug 9 with 2103 viewshxdale

Scott Tanser on 18:07 - Aug 9 by SalwaDale

He is in the team on merit and was superb today. His job now is to keep improving. Good in the air, some excellent tackles and wonderful distribution. Keep it up Scott.

I made the same comment a few weeks ago in the friendly matches.. Great confidence and composure wow he is going to be some player.. Well played Scotty..
Scott Tanser on 18:20 - Aug 9 with 2095 viewsboromat

He did brilliantly and out of position. If we had O'Connell I think Tanser would be my first choice for left back at the minute. Although Rose performed reasonably well today.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Scott Tanser on 21:28 - Aug 9 with 1853 viewsstuartcryer

excellent

wardle blue

Scott Tanser on 23:20 - Aug 9 with 1663 viewsjohndale

Very composed on the ball. One of the best debuts I've seen
Scott Tanser on 23:31 - Aug 9 with 1641 viewsmacro

Scott Tanser on 23:20 - Aug 9 by johndale

Very composed on the ball. One of the best debuts I've seen

Well second appearance not debut
Scott Tanser on 23:31 - Aug 9 with 1638 viewssweetcorn

Absolutley unbelievable performance. Looked like an accomplished player and played far above the level any player of his age and experience should. Perhaps he is the ace up hillys sleeve and the reasom we havent signed a centre half..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Login to get fewer ads

Scott Tanser on 23:39 - Aug 9 with 1615 viewsSaxonDale

Echo all the comments above. He played superbly by anyone's standards but when you consider it was one of his first professional games and he wasn't playing in his natural position then you've got to consider it as a really special performance. He's a proper footballer, just like everyone else who is coming through our academy. His reading of the game and positional play was superb and the amount of attacks he started through having composure, getting his head up and picking out the right pass was brilliant. I don't care whether he plays at centre back or left back but if he maintains that level of performance then he has to be in the team.
Scott Tanser on 00:27 - Aug 10 with 1548 viewslove_the_dale

Scott Tanser on 18:20 - Aug 9 by boromat

He did brilliantly and out of position. If we had O'Connell I think Tanser would be my first choice for left back at the minute. Although Rose performed reasonably well today.

And he is even more versatile than that. I believe he come from the Blackpool Academy to our youth team as a left winger. Also, he scored a shedful of goals from midfield in 2012 - 13, including the one at Spotland from 15 yards in his own half! The world is his lobster!
Scott Tanser on 10:36 - Aug 10 with 1334 viewsParkinsGimp

Sorry guys, thought he was too slow to react for the goal and not enough positional knowledge as yet. he did better than last time I saw him there , but never MOM, that had to be Matty Done.
I not sure we can have him learning his trade in that position especially against quality forwards that will be coming up.Rather have him at left back instead of Rose.
Scott Tanser on 10:42 - Aug 10 with 1308 viewsSaxonDale

Scott Tanser on 10:36 - Aug 10 by ParkinsGimp

Sorry guys, thought he was too slow to react for the goal and not enough positional knowledge as yet. he did better than last time I saw him there , but never MOM, that had to be Matty Done.
I not sure we can have him learning his trade in that position especially against quality forwards that will be coming up.Rather have him at left back instead of Rose.

Funny how we see things differently- I thought his positional sense was superb and the amount of times he intercepted the play/got Lancashire out of trouble in the first half was testament to this.

Thought Rose was ok, will need to check the highlights to see whether he should have done better with blocking out the cross that led to their goal. Distribution was hit and miss, remember however that it was his cross that led to arguably our best chance of the game in Bennett's shot.
Scott Tanser on 10:49 - Aug 10 with 1287 viewsboromat

Scott Tanser on 10:36 - Aug 10 by ParkinsGimp

The goal can't be blamed on one individual it was very much the team that didn't react quick enough. Hill says that himself in his post match interview.

Tanser was quality and worthy winner of MOTM however I had Lund down for it. In reflection today I think Lillis deserves a mention he was incredible!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Scott Tanser on 12:03 - Aug 10 with 1183 viewsaleanddale

First proper look at Tanser yesterday and WOW.

This lad was fantastic and fully deserved MOM.

Keep up the good work Scott.
Scott Tanser on 12:45 - Aug 10 with 1118 viewsisitme

Tanser was outstanding yesterday. He may not be the biggest but he dealt with a physical set of forwards well. His positional play was excellent and he is so composed on the ball. The passage of play for the Donnelly chance was exceptional. Most defenders would have been happy to win the tackle and clear their lines.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024