Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
considered reflection............. 15:27 - Mar 26 with 1215 viewssince1907

Having not seen my beloved Dale (those that know me know that I am now exiled in deepest Northumberland) since before the turn of the year it was great to get down to Hartlepool last night and to pick up the microphone again.
I have to say that I was impressed with just about every aspect of the performance.
I think that Razz was a tad unkind about our opponents in his summary because they started superbly but once JK and co got a midfield grip there was only ever going to be one winner.
There is much to admire about the 2011 Hillcroft team and the biggest thing is that are a true team............. they lack the stars that we have had in recent years, the Holts, Lamberts etc but every single player knows his job and performs it.
As individuals they fit, strong, athletic and good on the ball (even Bob plays the ball out from the back well now) and for 80 minutes they ran Pools ragged.
Yes its a minor worry that all the goals seem to be coming from GJ and CD but in truth on the evidence of last night they are full of goals.
I was, given the comments on here and on previous OS commentaries, interested to form my own opinion about OFW- I can see why one or two are detractors because in certain situations he doesnt inspire confidence BUT his early save proved priceless and despite his last minute juggling act that 3 clean sheets in a row so he must be doing something right.
I did say on commentary that as a little experiment I wouldnt mind Josh Thompson getting a run out at the back (with a view to next season?) and perhaps Awesome moving forward into the holding midfield role and I stick by that because his passing (and possible shooting) would be a joy to see.
Possibly a tad too much to do now to overhaul the top 6 but 10 more performances like last night and you never know?
Yes it probably is the best Dale team that I have ever seen
UP THE DALE
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024