Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM confirmed as permanent manager 08:08 - Apr 3 with 12127 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/april/manager-announcement/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 08:10 - Apr 3 with 6832 viewsjudd

If he is seen at the press conference supping from a commemorative Sunderland mug I'll scream.

Poll: What is it to be then?

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 08:14 - Apr 3 with 6798 viewsAncoats_Blue

I’m pleased, he’s done very well. But I don’t understand the need for suspense In waiting until today to announce him.

Anyway best of luck BBM!
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 08:17 - Apr 3 with 6771 viewssuffolkdale

Having seen the way the team battled on Saturday at Gillingham they clearly believe in him and it has got to be the right decision both in football and financial terms. Good luck to him!
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 08:19 - Apr 3 with 6759 viewsDaleyBrent

Really pleased with this. I’ve been an advocate for his appointment from minute one. Won’t responsibility as fans now is to get right behind this team til the end of the season, and maintaining belief in BBM even if we go down.
My worst fear for an appointment was going with a so called “experienced head” - someone who’s been round the block a hundred times. Those type of managers demand large finances and often build unsustainable funds for squads who provide no future to the football club. Fully behind the decision, and think a 2 year contract is spot on as well despite what people say!
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 08:22 - Apr 3 with 6737 viewsoddjob007

While I will fully support him, I can’t help but feel this smacks of the cheap option.

I would have thought that an extra head would have been brought in to support on the coaching side, or at least backfilled Tony Ellis. Has he really got the time to do both roles? If so, what has he been doing all theses years?! Surely one will suffer as a consequence.

Edit - no new investment in coaching team for 2 years. Conspiracy theory - we are still paying Hill and Beech for 2 years.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 8:26]
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 08:22 - Apr 3 with 6730 viewsJimmyRustler

Perhaps I'm being cynical but the fact that this was announced prior to it happening was, in my view, a desperate attempt to generate excitement and get the fans back on side. Why not just do it out of the blue?

Pleased for BBM though and wish him all the best
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 08:28 - Apr 3 with 6675 viewselectricblue

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 08:22 - Apr 3 by JimmyRustler

Perhaps I'm being cynical but the fact that this was announced prior to it happening was, in my view, a desperate attempt to generate excitement and get the fans back on side. Why not just do it out of the blue?

Pleased for BBM though and wish him all the best

Announcing BBM as the perminent manager is to sell season tickets!!
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 8:38]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 08:30 - Apr 3 with 6650 viewsseasidedale

Probably took a while, as if I remember correctly board meetings are Monday evenings, so after the decision, Tuesday was probably sorting contracts out and the announcement today. Right decision I think, everyone has to start somewhere, time for everyone to back him and get behind him what ever happens. I think a full time assistant will be appointed in the close season.
Login to get fewer ads

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 08:32 - Apr 3 with 6634 viewsSaxonDale

Pleased for him but it's a big after 4 games. With all respects he's 4 games into his managerial career so I can't see anyone poaching him from us between now and the end of the season so why not wait? He's had a good start and things seem very positive but I'd rather us have kept our options open until we knew what league we were in and had a bigger sample size of games. Surely we had nothing to lose by waiting a month?
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 08:33 - Apr 3 with 6626 viewsJimmyRustler

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 08:28 - Apr 3 by electricblue

Wonderful. I would rather just let him get on with managing the team and make a good fist of staying up. I'm sure that going down with a fight (or even staying up) would encourage fans to buy season tickets more than knowing who our manager is gonna be next season when we don't even know what division we will he plying our trade in. But what do I know?
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 08:38 - Apr 3 with 6579 viewsEllDale

Two year deal.
It seems that the era of the five year contract may have gone?
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 08:55 - Apr 3 with 6481 viewssweetcorn

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 08:32 - Apr 3 by SaxonDale

Pleased for him but it's a big after 4 games. With all respects he's 4 games into his managerial career so I can't see anyone poaching him from us between now and the end of the season so why not wait? He's had a good start and things seem very positive but I'd rather us have kept our options open until we knew what league we were in and had a bigger sample size of games. Surely we had nothing to lose by waiting a month?

BBM is the right decision for this club. And i don’t say that sentence because of 2 wins and 2 draws, but because we need someone who is willing to carry on the work which Hill had started by using and developing youth players who can play first team or earn us a fee.

If we got some manager from the merry go round, there may be a chance they wouldn’t bother with any of that and go back to signing seasoned pros looking for a final deal.

BBM has learnt his coaching trade in an environment where developing youth players was one of the key elements of the club, i’d imagine its something he’s taken onboard.

Here’s to a good 2 years.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 09:05 - Apr 3 with 6425 viewsdawlishdale

Pleased for BBM, and the start indicates that he has the full backing of the players, wheras Hill clearly did not.

But surely the club could have appointed him until the end of this season in the first instance, and then reassessed. If he can keep us up, a permanent appointment at that time would be a huge boost to Season Ticket sales. If not, then it will be a damp squib.

Also, why 2 years? No need for a 2 year deal so soon after the disaster with Hills 5 year contract. One year rolling deal is plenty for a completely inexperienced Manager at a club like ours.

Our Board seem to be making some really strange business decisions recently.
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 09:12 - Apr 3 with 6391 viewsboromat

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 08:28 - Apr 3 by electricblue

Shame you can't buy them yet

Poll: What are we more excited for?

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 09:14 - Apr 3 with 6374 viewsDaleFan7

Pleased for BBM and think it's the right decision. He's clearly got the players on side the way their effort and fight seems to have shot up in recent weeks in games we'd have rolled over in after conceding not long ago.

If he keeps us up then its a great achievement, if we go down, he can reassess and hopefully kick on next season as no one could put the blame on him for us being in League Two next season, we were in freefall and 100% going down before he took over, now we have a chance to stay up, can't ask for much more.
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 09:18 - Apr 3 with 6361 views1907

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 09:05 - Apr 3 by dawlishdale

Pleased for BBM, and the start indicates that he has the full backing of the players, wheras Hill clearly did not.

But surely the club could have appointed him until the end of this season in the first instance, and then reassessed. If he can keep us up, a permanent appointment at that time would be a huge boost to Season Ticket sales. If not, then it will be a damp squib.

Also, why 2 years? No need for a 2 year deal so soon after the disaster with Hills 5 year contract. One year rolling deal is plenty for a completely inexperienced Manager at a club like ours.

There is a man with a family to provide for at the centre of this you know. He will have wanted some security for himself as well. Rolling one year deal and we get rid of him he’s not going to back to what he was doing was he? He’d have had to leave the club & start again & could well have been without work for a period.
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 09:34 - Apr 3 with 6272 viewsMoonyDale

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 08:55 - Apr 3 by sweetcorn

BBM is the right decision for this club. And i don’t say that sentence because of 2 wins and 2 draws, but because we need someone who is willing to carry on the work which Hill had started by using and developing youth players who can play first team or earn us a fee.

If we got some manager from the merry go round, there may be a chance they wouldn’t bother with any of that and go back to signing seasoned pros looking for a final deal.

BBM has learnt his coaching trade in an environment where developing youth players was one of the key elements of the club, i’d imagine its something he’s taken onboard.

Spot on and I agree with every word of this, good decision by the club and for the club......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 09:53 - Apr 3 with 6183 viewsrochdale_ranger

Where can I buy a bbm mug?
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 09:53 - Apr 3 with 6177 viewsdingdangblue

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 08:38 - Apr 3 by EllDale

Two year deal.

There never was an 'era' of the five year contract (unless you misspelled 'error' ).
It was a 1 off to reward Hill for his unprecedented success up to that point. And to ensure if any other clubs tried to poach him we would be compensated massively. Obviously it didn't work out that way - I'm pretty sure we will never see anything like it again.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 09:55 - Apr 3 with 6172 viewsjudd

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 09:53 - Apr 3 by rochdale_ranger

Where can I buy a bbm mug?

Curzon Ashton.

Poll: What is it to be then?

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 10:07 - Apr 3 with 6113 viewsDaleyBrent

Absolutely spot on - some fans seem to think earning your coaching stripes under our most successful manager ever is somehow a detrimental trait for our new manager to have! He's got the initial results, is his own man and in no way a robotic mould of KH, and has been part-responsible for developing our young lads on the training ground as well as Tony Ellis.

I must insist that I believe this is still the right decision if we get relegated - it's likely that could well be the case come May regardless of who we brought in but BBM has made the conversation of 'staying Up' even remotely plausible to discuss. Our identity as a club is still in tact by not taking on a McCall, Hurst, Lee Clark type of character!

Up the Dale! We CAN do this!
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 10:36 - Apr 3 with 5975 viewsSaxonDale

I agree, I've always wanted an internal appointment if possible. Just confused at to why it wasn't either announced straight away or they waited till the end of the season.
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 10:55 - Apr 3 with 5904 viewsJimmyRustler

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 09:05 - Apr 3 by dawlishdale

I'm happy with BBM at the helm (or is it wheel now?) but also subscribe to the view that you put forward
BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 10:58 - Apr 3 with 5882 views100notout

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 09:53 - Apr 3 by dingdangblue

There never was an 'era' of the five year contract (unless you misspelled 'error' ).
It was a 1 off to reward Hill for his unprecedented success up to that point. And to ensure if any other clubs tried to poach him we would be compensated massively. Obviously it didn't work out that way - I'm pretty sure we will never see anything like it again.

think you've been whooshed ddb!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 11:12 - Apr 3 with 5817 viewselectricblue

BBM confirmed as permanent manager on 08:38 - Apr 3 by EllDale

Two year deal.

Im surprised its a 2yr deal tbh...
I thought a 12mths rolling contract may have been appropriate..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024