Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich fans 13:58 - Nov 17 with 2453 viewsjudd

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-59317395

Got a lump in my throat reading that. Amazing gesture.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ipswich fans on 14:12 - Nov 17 with 2386 viewskel

Brilliant is that and well done to them.

People need to bear in mind that some struggle to attend all games due to financial difficulty and not use phrases like “true fans” when for some it comes to being a choice between feeding their family and going to a game.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 14:13]
Ipswich fans on 16:33 - Nov 17 with 2142 viewsfermin

That is a great idea. Can we do something similar? I would make a contribution for starters.
Ipswich fans on 16:48 - Nov 17 with 2107 viewsDaleiLama

Ipswich fans on 16:33 - Nov 17 by fermin

That is a great idea. Can we do something similar? I would make a contribution for starters.

Following various links, it appears this was the tweet which started it:

Followed by this:

Then it gained momentum and this "appeal" was put out.

For it to gain traction at Dale, it probably needs someone with a high Twitter profile to start the ball rolling and gain sufficient momentum.

Edit I have 12 followers and not even sure why as I hardly ever tweet, but I would contribute.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 16:53]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ipswich fans on 17:21 - Nov 17 with 1993 viewsblackdogblue

A great story but Ipswich did have a big following at one point, could also be PR to tempt people back…

Not sure we could “give away” free tickets tbh.. FITC usually pre covid give 100’s if not 1,000’s away to the kids that do football sessions at all the local primary schools.. that’s how I started going many many years ago now…..

Chalky told me the record crowd against Solihull was partly due to £5 entry promotion..

We do offer bring a friend for a fiver like next week but why is always a Tuesday night game in the monsoon or snow season 🤷‍♂️… why never a Saturday as a rule??

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Ipswich fans on 22:55 - Nov 17 with 1551 viewsscarrow

Ipswich fans on 17:21 - Nov 17 by blackdogblue

A great story but Ipswich did have a big following at one point, could also be PR to tempt people back…

Not sure we could “give away” free tickets tbh.. FITC usually pre covid give 100’s if not 1,000’s away to the kids that do football sessions at all the local primary schools.. that’s how I started going many many years ago now…..

Chalky told me the record crowd against Solihull was partly due to £5 entry promotion..

We do offer bring a friend for a fiver like next week but why is always a Tuesday night game in the monsoon or snow season 🤷‍♂️… why never a Saturday as a rule??

To try and get a midweek crowd v Stevenage over 2k

Poll: Final position

Ipswich fans on 08:55 - Nov 18 with 1325 viewspioneer

Ipswich fans on 22:55 - Nov 17 by scarrow

but if no one wants to go on a cold tuesday night to watch stevenage, giving them free tickets wont help.

Its not clever marketing to offer something of little value for free.

There are plenty of empty seats on saturdays.
Ipswich fans on 09:22 - Nov 18 with 1289 viewsDalenet

But it isn't always about clever marketing to get bums on seats. I work with a food poverty charity and see how hard it is for some families to get by. All they want is a bit of dignity and the chance to take their kids to something that other families kids go to. But they have so little they can't. Compassion is free. And we have empty seats.

I was criticised by some for reacting to the Trust initiative to give Season Card unspent tickets to the NHS. My argument at the time was that we should have looked after the dale family who had been badly impacted by covid and had lost their jobs. Surely we can still do that. Social services, the food bank et al know who these families are.
Ipswich fans on 09:50 - Nov 18 with 1251 viewskel

Ipswich fans on 09:22 - Nov 18 by Dalenet

But it isn't always about clever marketing to get bums on seats. I work with a food poverty charity and see how hard it is for some families to get by. All they want is a bit of dignity and the chance to take their kids to something that other families kids go to. But they have so little they can't. Compassion is free. And we have empty seats.

I was criticised by some for reacting to the Trust initiative to give Season Card unspent tickets to the NHS. My argument at the time was that we should have looked after the dale family who had been badly impacted by covid and had lost their jobs. Surely we can still do that. Social services, the food bank et al know who these families are.

Totally agree.

I bet there were lots there at the training day that couldn’t stretch to a full family day out at the football and we may have missed a trick slightly in not trying to get them hooked with some free tickets for the kids at least in the hope that they will attend more once things improve financially for them.

Perhaps something the trust can look at when the whole shares thing is sorted.
Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich fans on 10:10 - Nov 18 with 1216 viewsfunkkk

Ipswich fans on 22:55 - Nov 17 by scarrow

Always thought we should run promotions for the bigger weekend games rather than the unattractive midweek games. Surely we’re more likely to attract repeat custom that way. A cold Tuesday night L2 game with no atmosphere is a tough sell to all but the hardcore.
Ipswich fans on 10:27 - Nov 18 with 1189 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

It is all well and good offering free tickets to kids, but these kids need to be accompanied by adults and if the adults can't afford the tickets then it's pointless. We should be encouraging the casual supporter, but they have been pushed further away by the closure of cash turnstiles. The older generation have been demonized for not being au fait with computers and the internet, as have people who simply cannot afford either. With crowds ever dwindling, you would think the club might reach out to these people, rather than going down a road which just makes their job easier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024