Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think Bigger! (Larry Page) 17:02 - Jun 8 with 545 views49thseason

Please people can we stop the small-minded "little Rochdale" expectations?

I regard this next managerial appointment as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the club I have been watching for over 50 years. We have a good squad, we are well placed in the league, we have a bit of cash in hand and have spent the last four and a half years reversing nearly 100 years of dross. The appointment is critical to what happens next and I would be massively disappointed if we end up with a league 2 manager who for some reason has been in the same job for a decade.

We need an appointment that is aspirational and inspirational. Someone who will make locals sit up and take notice and who is sufficiently well regarded in football to take our standing in the game up another level.

We desperately need to brush off the “little Rochdale” label and establish ourselves as a bona fide up-and-coming club with a massive emphasis on developing young players. We must invest in the pitch and a first rate training facility otherwise the development effort will effectively have one hand tied behind its back.

We have recently seen an influx of cash from some of the young players we have nurtured and sold on, in the future, that “useful influx” needs to become a Tsunami. What we cannot make through the turnstiles we must make from sales and developing young players is critical to that. The next manager must be regarded as the man every young player wants to learn from and the person that “broken toys” come to for repair.

I appeal to the board to seize the opportunity we have today, make a bold appointment, show the world we mean business.

In the immortal words of Google founder Larry Page “ Think Bigger”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024