Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is our club going forward or backwards 20:19 - Jul 8 with 1109 viewsinthenet

Just a little disconcerning that our base of talent we had has now all gone ...was this the real intention of the board to do this when we had so much success , I know Hills departure was a huge blow and the events after farcical but can we achieve anything with such immense changes.
I feel we are again signing the unproven or whatever's left.
John Colemans is a good manager but can he get them to gel and hit the ground running.
Your thoughts.

Rastrickblue

Is our club going forward or backwards on 20:53 - Jul 8 with 1056 viewsColDale

I think recruitment this Summer has been a direct result of last season's problems. We had a squad last season that weren't pulling in the right direction. Coleman has made sure that the signings he has brought in are exactly the sort of players he knows will give their all. We may have had to take a step back and rebuild the dressing room mentality from scratch, and then look to add quality to it as time goes by.
Is our club going forward or backwards on 20:58 - Jul 8 with 1033 viewsinthenet

Is our club going forward or backwards on 20:53 - Jul 8 by ColDale

I think recruitment this Summer has been a direct result of last season's problems. We had a squad last season that weren't pulling in the right direction. Coleman has made sure that the signings he has brought in are exactly the sort of players he knows will give their all. We may have had to take a step back and rebuild the dressing room mentality from scratch, and then look to add quality to it as time goes by.

Let's hope so cheers Col

Rastrickblue

Is our club going forward or backwards on 23:52 - Jul 8 with 865 viewspl56

Lets see ?

We've signed 3 players of premiership pedigree , all under 21 , and all having held roles of responsibility at their previous clubs .

We've signed a former Accy Stanley captain who Coleman obviously trusts and who was offered a contract by a fellow Div 2 team who are forecast to be up there . Also we've signed an ex Stanley player who was instumental in their play off season and who was with a Div 1 play off team last year .

There's also a forward who's scored goals aplenty at lower levels , and still has the potential to make a mark in a decent Div 2 team .

We've signed a goalkeeper who most fans seem very happy to have back in the fold .

Overall , so far , a pretty positive recruitment programme for the close season ; I still hope there's more to come .

My only reservation is a 35 year old left back - but I'll hold judgement on that for now .

Overall , to date , a better than average pre-season hopefully , with one or two players in who might just generate future transfer fees ?

I'll be interested now to see some of the trialists - hopefully younger , hungey players in the main , who again may be investments for the future .

I think there's currently a forward momentum .
Is our club going forward or backwards on 08:59 - Jul 9 with 768 viewsRicardo

I think it is very hard to tell — and our pre-season games will surely be our first indication — as indeed was the case under Hillcroft (remember Will Buckley’s start) and even more so last season. Those who went saw the same mistakes repeated, and many a wise old head was left shaking in disbelief prior to that first game away at Hillsborough.

Will this season’s squad be a team? Will our togetherness and never say die spirit be the difference when it counts? Will the individual players be the target of other club’s supporters and management alike? Will the nucleus of the squad enable other players to be introduced as circumstances dictate? Will Coleman/Bell have the contacts and persuasion to attract better players as we grow? Will the reserve team be able to supply one or two promising individuals each year?

Who knows. For me the jury remains out but I remain very optimistic that we should be able to compete and look forward to Saturdays once again.

Nevertheless — in my view the success over the last few years is best summed up by the other thread on here that lists all of the ex-players we are likely to play this season. Together with those ex-Daleys that have gone on to bigger and better clubs this shows the caliber of players we have enjoyed rather then endured over recent years. Lone gone are those days whereby players who left the Dale where never heard of again. We can best gauge our progression in a few years time and let’s all hope it is the start of another multi-year progression.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024