Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inconsistency 17:53 - Jan 5 with 858 viewsdalenumber2

I don't profess to be an expert on football tactics and so rarely comment on this aspect. But lI would be interested if anyone could suggest a reason that the same players ( more or less) that turned out some fantastic football ( ie against Cheltenham, Bradford) came on today barely able to pass a ball to a team mate. What is the problem/reason?
I actually feel sorry for those who spent twenty quid to watch that today. I was there and for the first time in a long while wished I had stayed at home.
Inconsistency on 17:55 - Jan 5 with 840 viewsstuartcryer

i would say we are very consistent except for blips against cheltenham and bradford

wardle blue

Inconsistency on 18:05 - Jan 5 with 799 viewspedrodale

Our management was up for it against Bradford because Jonah plays for them.
Against Cheltenham the players had a previously aranged meeting with the fans for after the game.
Inconsistency on 18:12 - Jan 5 with 775 viewsBartRowou

At Bradford we had three v two in the midfield which meant that Cavanagh could pick the ball up from Lillis and had plenty of time to pick a pass. Despite being over-run though, Bradford still didn't press when we had the ball at the back and made it easy for us. Poor management by Parkinson.
Rotherham and Wimbledon didn't give us a chance to do this e.g. in the second half, Cavanagh lost possession on the edge of our box and gave away a free kick because he was under pressure immediately.
The soft pitch isn't conducive to intricate passing moves either and it all points towards the need for a plan B which we don't seem to have.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Inconsistency on 18:14 - Jan 5 with 747 viewsColDale

the issue seems to be playing at home against sides who are the weaker sides in the division. The way we set up does not allow us to break these teams down, and today's final result was predictable from around 15 minutes into the game - as was the red card. If we play the same way, it's a surprise that we expect a different outcome.

Inconsistency on 18:17 - Jan 5 with 724 views442Dale

Inconsistency on 18:14 - Jan 5 by ColDale

the issue seems to be playing at home against sides who are the weaker sides in the division. The way we set up does not allow us to break these teams down, and today's final result was predictable from around 15 minutes into the game - as was the red card. If we play the same way, it's a surprise that we expect a different outcome.

And this begs the question why we don't quickly change to 4-4-2 like v Bristol Rovers. Doesn't even require a change in personnel.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Inconsistency on 19:03 - Jan 5 with 661 viewsSaxonDale

Inconsistency on 18:17 - Jan 5 by 442Dale

And this begs the question why we don't quickly change to 4-4-2 like v Bristol Rovers. Doesn't even require a change in personnel.

It also begs the question why doesn't Coleman sign wide players to help break down the opposition.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024