Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill Pre Match on DalePlayer 16:56 - Feb 15 with 951 viewsSaxonDale

On the two new signings, Jones is a very good player who has been training with the squad for the last week, Hill says Rose has a 'wand' of a left foot and can play either left fullback or left midfield. Hill definitely wants 1 more player, potentially 2 if he can move players out. Says he wants a wide right player to replace Bobby and a right back or centre back but acknowledges we might not have the funds to bring in these players. Thinks we played our best football against Northampton since he had returned now actively preparing for the end of this season and next season. Says that Rochdale have been left behind in the footballing world due to a lack of planning. Number of injuries in the squad but doesn't go into specifics, says it will help other players development if they can take their chance.

All in all a very positive interview.
Hill Pre Match on DalePlayer on 17:08 - Feb 15 with 908 viewsolympicdale

"Says that Rochdale have been left behind in the footballing world due to a lack of planning"

we'll be still saying that in 40 years, we dont plan anything here, planning to fail has been the mantra for way too long.

Life is a game of fate.

Hill Pre Match on DalePlayer on 17:15 - Feb 15 with 883 viewsColDale

Hill Pre Match on DalePlayer on 17:08 - Feb 15 by olympicdale

"Says that Rochdale have been left behind in the footballing world due to a lack of planning"

we'll be still saying that in 40 years, we dont plan anything here, planning to fail has been the mantra for way too long.

I'd imagine that in modern day football, its very difficult to plan for anything if the first team isn't successful. It'd be interesting to know whether Hill planned for the future as much at Barnsley as he did at Dale, or whether due to the constant relegation battle, he wasn't given that opportunity to do so.
Hill Pre Match on DalePlayer on 17:15 - Feb 15 with 878 viewsRalphs12

Interview cuts off mid sentence for me... other than that sounds good to me.

"Give the ownership of the club back to the fans, I want to build a brand..."
Hill Pre Match on DalePlayer on 17:36 - Feb 15 with 817 viewsolympicdale

Hill Pre Match on DalePlayer on 17:15 - Feb 15 by ColDale

I'd imagine that in modern day football, its very difficult to plan for anything if the first team isn't successful. It'd be interesting to know whether Hill planned for the future as much at Barnsley as he did at Dale, or whether due to the constant relegation battle, he wasn't given that opportunity to do so.

It shouldn't be all about the on the field side of things, we dont plan anything off the field, hence why we're continually being left behind by newer more active clubs. There will be clubs in non league with more forethought than us, which is a worrying thought. Kieth Hill, however, is the right man to give the club the kick up the backside again, I only hope the club learn this time around when he leaves, to carry on where he left off.

Life is a game of fate.

Hill Pre Match on DalePlayer on 18:29 - Feb 15 with 724 views442Dale

Hill Pre Match on DalePlayer on 17:15 - Feb 15 by Ralphs12

Interview cuts off mid sentence for me... other than that sounds good to me.

"Give the ownership of the club back to the fans, I want to build a brand..."

He said that?

Would be good if the lasting legacy of Hill's return is that fans finally get their concerns addressed for the good of the club. This brand could have existed five years ago, it's not all about the football. If the manager realises that effective and consistent planning existed across all areas of the club, then inevitably the football side benefits.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024