Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cuts and Bruises 11:11 - Mar 22 with 2668 viewsR442D

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/injury-update-22.03.13-728674.aspx
Cuts and Bruises on 11:29 - Mar 22 with 2620 views100notout

Anyone know how Reece is getting on?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Cuts and Bruises on 11:37 - Mar 22 with 2592 viewsYorkshire_Dale

WE are literally limping to safety.

Hope the kids do get a chance.
Cuts and Bruises on 11:41 - Mar 22 with 2586 viewsR442D

Cuts and Bruises on 11:29 - Mar 22 by 100notout

Anyone know how Reece is getting on?

I predict well.

Can imagine he's been back training/playing with Beechy's boys?
Cuts and Bruises on 11:44 - Mar 22 with 2579 viewsR442D

Cuts and Bruises on 11:37 - Mar 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

WE are literally limping to safety.

Hope the kids do get a chance.

True.
But fully agree with the second part.

Even better because this time unlike the Eyre and Coleman eras, there is a good connection, working relationship and friendship between Beechy and Hill.
Cuts and Bruises on 12:10 - Mar 22 with 2525 viewsdingdangblue

I wonder how this will affect contracts with Tutte and Bennett? Both out of contract at the end of the season - obviouly Tutte's injury isn't as serious so he should be ok but it will be a tricky one with Bennett - will we offer him a 2-3 year contract with such a serious injury?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Cuts and Bruises on 12:15 - Mar 22 with 2503 viewsDaley_Lama

Given that Hilly calls them "two key players" since his return then I would summise that he rates them and a contract will be offered to both of them at the end of the season.

Of course the bright lights of Scunthorpe or Tranmere may flash in their direction and they could simply be off to pastures new.

Poll: DF in or out

Cuts and Bruises on 12:21 - Mar 22 with 2484 viewsD_Alien

Cuts and Bruises on 12:15 - Mar 22 by Daley_Lama

Given that Hilly calls them "two key players" since his return then I would summise that he rates them and a contract will be offered to both of them at the end of the season.

Of course the bright lights of Scunthorpe or Tranmere may flash in their direction and they could simply be off to pastures new.

In Bennett's case at least, his best hope of pursuing a long and fruitful career in football is to stay put under Hilly for at least another year.

If he's in any doubt, he should ask Joe Thompson.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Cuts and Bruises on 12:31 - Mar 22 with 2451 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Cuts and Bruises on 11:44 - Mar 22 by R442D

True.
But fully agree with the second part.

Even better because this time unlike the Eyre and Coleman eras, there is a good connection, working relationship and friendship between Beechy and Hill.

...talking of kids.

Who is Darcy O'Connor, named as a sub on Tuesday evening?

Anyone know anything about this young fellow?
Login to get fewer ads

Cuts and Bruises on 12:37 - Mar 22 with 2437 viewsChaffRAFC

Same could be said for Reece Gray who's also out of contract as of July. What do you do? Given he'll probably be on a cheap wage, do you offer him a 12 month deal? A 6 month deal depending on fitness?

With Bennett, I think he's become a fantastic player for us and we'll be looking to tie him down but I doubt we'll be offering a two year deal given the seriousness of his injury.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Cuts and Bruises on 13:23 - Mar 22 with 2353 viewsolympicdale

Cuts and Bruises on 12:37 - Mar 22 by ChaffRAFC

Same could be said for Reece Gray who's also out of contract as of July. What do you do? Given he'll probably be on a cheap wage, do you offer him a 12 month deal? A 6 month deal depending on fitness?

With Bennett, I think he's become a fantastic player for us and we'll be looking to tie him down but I doubt we'll be offering a two year deal given the seriousness of his injury.

Hill already knows what Gray is about, he rated him last time around, and i don't see why he wouldn't want to offer him at least a 6 month contract until January, to see how he holds up fitness wise.

Life is a game of fate.

Cuts and Bruises on 13:52 - Mar 22 with 2309 views49thseason

Cuts and Bruises on 13:23 - Mar 22 by olympicdale

Hill already knows what Gray is about, he rated him last time around, and i don't see why he wouldn't want to offer him at least a 6 month contract until January, to see how he holds up fitness wise.

We need to get Hill on a long term contract first.
Cuts and Bruises on 16:45 - Mar 22 with 2186 viewsShun

Without knowing any of the youth players, who are the ones we should be looking at if Bennett and Tutte (or anyone else, for that matter) are to be replaced?
Cuts and Bruises on 17:45 - Mar 22 with 2135 viewsChaffRAFC

Jamie Allen is a centre midfielder in the Paul Scholes mode (even Coleman made that link), he's highly rated. As for right back, Rafferty should come back in but Hill doesn't seem to rate him. There's not much in the YTS in terms of right back. Sam Minihan is out on loan isn't he?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Cuts and Bruises on 18:47 - Mar 22 with 2080 viewsShun

Cheers Chaff.
Cuts and Bruises on 22:46 - Mar 22 with 1988 viewsTalkingSutty

Cuts and Bruises on 17:45 - Mar 22 by ChaffRAFC

Jamie Allen is a centre midfielder in the Paul Scholes mode (even Coleman made that link), he's highly rated. As for right back, Rafferty should come back in but Hill doesn't seem to rate him. There's not much in the YTS in terms of right back. Sam Minihan is out on loan isn't he?

Hilly could have seen his performance at Bradford when he actually threw himself back on to the pitch and then ended his performance with the slowest withdrawal from the pitch ever witnessed. Both instances showed him in a very bad light.

If that was as a result of being managed by Coleman then its understandable,if its in the players DNA then we are wasting our time.

Its time to eliminate any cheats and con-men from the club,they have dragged us down over the last 2 years.

Rafferty still has a lot to prove yet, i dont understand how some folk eulogise about him. For me he needs to change his attitude and demanour and concentrate on his playing prowess because at times he does show glimpses of genuine ability.
Cuts and Bruises on 22:55 - Mar 22 with 1973 viewsBartRowou

Cuts and Bruises on 22:46 - Mar 22 by TalkingSutty

Hilly could have seen his performance at Bradford when he actually threw himself back on to the pitch and then ended his performance with the slowest withdrawal from the pitch ever witnessed. Both instances showed him in a very bad light.

If that was as a result of being managed by Coleman then its understandable,if its in the players DNA then we are wasting our time.

Its time to eliminate any cheats and con-men from the club,they have dragged us down over the last 2 years.

Rafferty still has a lot to prove yet, i dont understand how some folk eulogise about him. For me he needs to change his attitude and demanour and concentrate on his playing prowess because at times he does show glimpses of genuine ability.

I think the Coleman cheating thing is exaggerated at times. Every team will do their best to gain an advantage. I remember Jordan Rhodes at the Don Valley walking all the way over to the other side of the pitch having been told by Hill that he was about to come off. The ref made a point of adding a ridiculous amount of "time allowed" (possibly 6 minutes) during which they equalised.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Cuts and Bruises on 22:58 - Mar 22 with 1970 viewsAtThePeake

Cuts and Bruises on 22:46 - Mar 22 by TalkingSutty

What's happened to Matt Pearson?

Tangled up in blue.

Cuts and Bruises on 23:05 - Mar 22 with 1964 viewsColDale

Cuts and Bruises on 22:58 - Mar 22 by AtThePeake

What's happened to Matt Pearson?

he's on loan at Halifax. He's played about 5 games and I don't think they've conceded a single goal since he's been there. That said, I don't think he's ever looked anything beyond Neill Byrne level.

http://www.theshaymen.net/ipb/index.php?/topic/4766-matt-pearson/

They're impressed, but they have played him at centre half which has obviously been his position since about 5 minutes in at Ratcliffe.
Cuts and Bruises on 23:26 - Mar 22 with 1948 viewsChaffRAFC

Cuts and Bruises on 23:05 - Mar 22 by ColDale

he's on loan at Halifax. He's played about 5 games and I don't think they've conceded a single goal since he's been there. That said, I don't think he's ever looked anything beyond Neill Byrne level.

http://www.theshaymen.net/ipb/index.php?/topic/4766-matt-pearson/

They're impressed, but they have played him at centre half which has obviously been his position since about 5 minutes in at Ratcliffe.

Think it's quite harsh to say he's not looked better than Neill Byrne. I don't mind Pearson and don't think he's played his natural position at any time this season with us. He's a centre half but has played most of his games at right back where he's done alright. The problem with him playing right back though is the fact he cannot cross. I suspect he'll be released in the summer unless he's cheap enough and decent enough backup in Hill's eyes.

But yeah, he's twice the player Byrne is.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024