Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players suffering under Hill? 14:14 - Mar 21 with 2245 viewsdale_spotland

Just seen someone mention That Lillis has improved under Hill which I would agree with. Just wondering do you think anyone's game has suffered since the return of Hill?

Someone sat near me commented on Tuesday night he thinks Grant has suffered a little since Hill's return. Anyone agree with that?

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Players suffering under Hill? on 15:32 - Mar 21 with 2164 viewsColDale

I think Grant is just missing a goal. Not sure whether he has scored since Bradford. There were times on Tuesday that he was greedy and he tried to score himself rather than feed in team mates who were in better positions. Don't think there's anything malicious in it, rather just a desperation to end his goal drought.
Players suffering under Hill? on 15:52 - Mar 21 with 2110 viewssweetcorn

Players suffering under Hill? on 15:32 - Mar 21 by ColDale

I think Grant is just missing a goal. Not sure whether he has scored since Bradford. There were times on Tuesday that he was greedy and he tried to score himself rather than feed in team mates who were in better positions. Don't think there's anything malicious in it, rather just a desperation to end his goal drought.

He scored a worldy against Chesterfield. He's played 5 games since then, its a goal drought by his standards, but its not too worrying. His performance hasn't really dropped much I don't think, although, I heard he was ineffective in an away game. The thing is though, even if he's not scoring, he's a talisman for our team, the stats speak for themselves, I don't think we've won a game without him this season.

One person who's performances have dropped recently is Tutte, but they were sliding before Hill got here, he had a decent game against wycombe though and is still a big player for us IMO. I'd say Hill has improved players since he's got here, mainly due to the fact that nobody is guaranteed a place anymore and he's brought competition for places in, even K-Mac is finding a little bit of form again, which he showed early season.

All in all, i'd say the future is brighter with Hilln at the helm.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Players suffering under Hill? on 16:21 - Mar 21 with 2067 viewslove_the_dale

I noticed this too. There’s always a chance of Bobby scoring when he cuts in and gets the ball on his left foot, and it is brilliant when he gets that powerful shot away, which curls to the right and downwards. But he was a bit head down on Tuesday and didn’t see when there was a pass on to a colleague in a better position to score. There was one occasion in particular when there was a good pass on to Ashley, who had taken up a great position level with Bobby on the edge of the penalty area and in plenty of space and Bobby tried a shot instead which hit the leg of one of about three defenders in front of him. I also wonder if his nervousness, if that is what it is, is affecting his control, as the ball seemed to bounce off him once or twice.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Players suffering under Hill? on 18:26 - Mar 21 with 1950 viewsrochdale1987

Definately gornell, don't think he is interested since coleman left.
Players suffering under Hill? on 18:28 - Mar 21 with 1942 viewsdale_spotland

Players suffering under Hill? on 18:26 - Mar 21 by rochdale1987

Definately gornell, don't think he is interested since coleman left.

Forgot we even had Gornell. Definitely agree he's been poor since Hill arrived.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Players suffering under Hill? on 19:16 - Mar 21 with 1869 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

I also think he is trying to me more disciplined, perhaps this just takes the edge off his game?

Perhaps less room to get a run and shot in when playing in the middle, i'm sure he'll come good though.

Gornell couldnt wait to get off the pitch against Wycombe, signing a 5 month contract says it all!

I am also convinced that his red card was premeditated to get Christmas off!

Waste of space!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Players suffering under Hill? on 22:21 - Mar 21 with 1718 viewsboromat

Gornell hasn't really done anything the whole time he's been here. How his loan spell convinced the board to pay money to sign him for 6 months I will never know!!

The only players that have suffered are those that have fallen out of favour/ more out of favour. Pearson, Rafferty, Curran etc.

One player who has massively improve is McIntyre and a lot of that is down to the competition with Rose coming into the squad.

Interesting mention of Grant. I don't think you can say yet how he's been affected considering he's missed 4 of the games however he was the worst man on the pitch on Tuesday night, I was hoping he would be subbed for Grimes rather than Henderson.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Players suffering under Hill? on 23:30 - Mar 22 with 1526 viewsChaffRAFC

Players suffering under Hill? on 22:21 - Mar 21 by boromat

Gornell hasn't really done anything the whole time he's been here. How his loan spell convinced the board to pay money to sign him for 6 months I will never know!!

The only players that have suffered are those that have fallen out of favour/ more out of favour. Pearson, Rafferty, Curran etc.

One player who has massively improve is McIntyre and a lot of that is down to the competition with Rose coming into the squad.

Interesting mention of Grant. I don't think you can say yet how he's been affected considering he's missed 4 of the games however he was the worst man on the pitch on Tuesday night, I was hoping he would be subbed for Grimes rather than Henderson.

Regarding your point about McIntyre, I think you're half right in that he now has competition for his place in the side but I also think that he's improved a bit (not massively as he's still one of our weakest links) is because he's got someone directly in front of him now. Under Coleman, we had zero width so K Mac was having to roam up and down the left side on his own and if he lost the ball in an attacking area, we'd get torn apart and he'd be considered the culprit. Now, he can get forward and someone like Thompson will sit in as he does so.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Login to get fewer ads

Players suffering under Hill? on 01:19 - Mar 23 with 1484 viewssandylaner1

Players suffering under Hill? on 22:21 - Mar 21 by boromat

bradford away convinced the board to pay ££££ for gornell

he was literally unplayable that day
Players suffering under Hill? on 04:48 - Mar 23 with 1455 viewssweetcorn

Players suffering under Hill? on 01:19 - Mar 23 by sandylaner1

agree mate. which is rare. gornell was class that day. not been the same since. Boromat, not a chance bobby was our worst player. looked to make things happen. henderson was poor, made little impact and rarely found a dale shirt, right decision to bring him off. worst game for us so far...

Players suffering under Hill? on 04:49 - Mar 23 with 1455 viewssweetcorn

agree mate. which is rare. gornell was class that day. not been the same since. Boromat, not a chance bobby was our worst player. looked to make things happen. henderson was poor, made little impact and rarely found a dale shirt, right decision to bring him off. worst game for us so far...

Players suffering under Hill? on 04:50 - Mar 23 with 1455 viewssweetcorn

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024