Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George 00:33 - Aug 10 with 2026 viewsBainesy15

I know he's been mentioned on countless threads but personally I thought he was considerably better today than he was last season. Seemed to be winning more in the air and holding it up better to bring other players into the game. Granted he's still woeful in front of goal (and anywhere near it) but I thought he was much improved, looked better than Andrew, although to be fair almost everything was in the air to him
George on 00:38 - Aug 10 with 2011 viewsdale18

Regardless of how hard he works if he cant put the ball in the net hes not doing his job fully. For his chance today he did well to hold of the defender to get a great position but his attempt at goal was absolutely awful
George on 00:50 - Aug 10 with 1987 viewsBainesy15

George on 00:38 - Aug 10 by dale18

Regardless of how hard he works if he cant put the ball in the net hes not doing his job fully. For his chance today he did well to hold of the defender to get a great position but his attempt at goal was absolutely awful

Completely agree. Ideally he'd need to be in the team with a goalscorer to support him but then i don't see who should drop out of the team to accomodate him (if anyone)
George on 07:18 - Aug 10 with 1888 viewsrkershaw

George on 00:50 - Aug 10 by Bainesy15

Completely agree. Ideally he'd need to be in the team with a goalscorer to support him but then i don't see who should drop out of the team to accomodate him (if anyone)

In my opinion, Georgie's performance (especially first half when I had a better view of it) was everything you could ask of a lone League One forward. His constant harassment of their goalkeeper and defence meant that we were defending from the front and allowed our midfield to push on. He held the ball up well, tried to link up with the oncoming midfield and got several shots away on target resulting in a exceptional point blank save from Alnwick (who I've got to say kept them in it). His attempt to hit the corner flag in our best chance of the second half was manufactured out of his pace and no little skill. I can see why George is 'Mr Marmite' but look at what he brings to the team. Pair him up with a goal-scoring striker (hopefully Muldoon) and you have a winning combination. It would be interesting to see what other teams opinion/assessment of Georgie is - I am pretty sure they would not be as negative as our own 'supporters'!!??
George on 07:35 - Aug 10 with 1870 viewsChaffRAFC

Completely disagree with all of this. He didn't get involved at all first half, he didn't chase down, Matt Done did all his running for him. Not sure he touched the ball other than to try and trap it but that was awful. Second half he did have that chance and he did everything right until the finish which was far from easy but, again, that's all he did and that's nowhere near enough. Calvin Andrew and Joe Bunney came on and did so much more in their cameo's than Donnelly did.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

George on 07:37 - Aug 10 with 1866 viewsrkershaw

George on 07:35 - Aug 10 by ChaffRAFC

Completely disagree with all of this. He didn't get involved at all first half, he didn't chase down, Matt Done did all his running for him. Not sure he touched the ball other than to try and trap it but that was awful. Second half he did have that chance and he did everything right until the finish which was far from easy but, again, that's all he did and that's nowhere near enough. Calvin Andrew and Joe Bunney came on and did so much more in their cameo's than Donnelly did.

Was that your view from the Sandy Chaff?? Not being funny like - just interested!!
George on 08:24 - Aug 10 with 1822 viewspnc4eva1

I have to agree with Chaff. I didn't realise he was on the pitch until he came back for a corner half way through the first half.

In the second half he did his usual. He showed good pace and a decent first touch before making a complete mess of his shot.

Calvin Andrew was much better and linked up well with the rest of the team. He was however the target of the boo boys as he couldn't move 15 yards in a second when passes were too far in front of him.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

George on 08:48 - Aug 10 with 1787 viewsdingdangblue

George on 07:18 - Aug 10 by rkershaw

In my opinion, Georgie's performance (especially first half when I had a better view of it) was everything you could ask of a lone League One forward. His constant harassment of their goalkeeper and defence meant that we were defending from the front and allowed our midfield to push on. He held the ball up well, tried to link up with the oncoming midfield and got several shots away on target resulting in a exceptional point blank save from Alnwick (who I've got to say kept them in it). His attempt to hit the corner flag in our best chance of the second half was manufactured out of his pace and no little skill. I can see why George is 'Mr Marmite' but look at what he brings to the team. Pair him up with a goal-scoring striker (hopefully Muldoon) and you have a winning combination. It would be interesting to see what other teams opinion/assessment of Georgie is - I am pretty sure they would not be as negative as our own 'supporters'!!??

Cant see Hilly pairing him with Muldoon when he's fit - more likely instead of him.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

George on 09:21 - Aug 10 with 1731 viewskirbys

Playing the lone striker is tough an we have had a few players who could do it ( Platt, Holt, Lambert. O Grady) - sorry but Donnelly cannot be compared to any of those. His first half performance was lamentable. If it's felt he was winning more in the air then one header on target to another dale player was an improvement on none. Sorry but he was business as usual - slim pickings.
Login to get fewer ads

George on 10:08 - Aug 10 with 1646 viewsTVOS1907

Alnwick's point-blank save was from Bennett.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

George on 10:27 - Aug 10 with 1602 viewsParkinsGimp

No , dont want to see him on the pitch again, he wasnt good enough last season , he wont get a look-in with these defenders in league One, We need at least one forward, since calvin Andrew isnt good enough either.
George on 10:30 - Aug 10 with 1597 viewszxcvbnm

George has completed two seasons at Dale and been mediocre at best. Dale fans give a player a chance but Donnelly hasn't been performing well enough for long time.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

George on 10:49 - Aug 10 with 1553 viewsSaxonDale

First 30 minutes I actually thought by George's standards he played quite well (whether that qualifies him for League 1 standard is another question.) I accept that many aspects of his game were poor yesterday and he suffered from the same problems that he's suffered throughout his career but to say he didn't chase down would be wrong. Done, Allen and Donnelly were all superb in their pressing during the first 30 minutes of the game. Rochdale had a chance directly from Donnelly hassling and subsequently dispossessing their centre back 30 yards from goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024