Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spanish Dale story translation from Spanish newspaper 15:52 - May 11 with 2938 viewsupthedale1970

THE YOUNG MAN WHO CHANGED HIS FIFA MATCH TO SAVE 'HIS' TEAM
Jesus has come to save us

Everything a man can imagine, others can make it come true. At least that's what Jules Verne said, and he has confirmed in a magical story, Jesús Sánchez. A name, unknown to the naked eye, that has managed to win the heart of a whole fan ... and will end up doing it with your own.

The story is born in Albacete just over nine years ago. Jesús Sánchez, lover of videogames, football and basketball, started his video game one afternoon and decided "randomly, by shield, by shirt, by a challenge with a friend", to play the well-known "Modo Manager" of Fifa 09 with the humble English club Rochdale. The key in this mode is none other than being the coach during several courses of the team that you decide, having the freedom to sign, make alignments, play with them and even change teams if you think necessary. A life as a coach, adapted to the videogame. But who is the Rochdale? Why did Jesus choose that team? Born in 1907 - previously there was another club with the same name - it has a final of the Carling Cup in 1962 as its great milestone. Installed in Rochdale, a small town in Greater Manchester, currently disputes Football League One, equivalent to the Second Division B in Spain. A humble team for a giant story.

A habitual fact with a magic touch
Start your virtual career as a coach with a small club, with the sole purpose of finishing taking it to the championship in the Premier League, is one of the most repeated milestones in football video games. So? What differentiates it from other users?

Jesus, unlike the rest, ended his virtual period and not only "fell in love" with the club, but he took his passion to reality: he changed the small television for his own life, he went from looking for signings at zero cost to take the team to the Premier League, week after week, follow a team online ... and tweet about it!

His interest grew little by little and he settled in social networks like an amateur of the Rochdale ... In Albacete! How could it be otherwise, it did not take long to become famous in England. It was just a challenge with a friend. We wanted to lead a very humble team to take him to the Premier League "

"It all started in 2009. It seemed like a challenge with a friend, we wanted to take a humble team in England to win in the Premier League," explains the youngster for ElDesmarque. "The best thing, probably, is that today we both follow those teams, he follows Swindon and me to Rochdale, although there is a small difference," he jokes, "I follow him more and together with Albacete Basket, he has become in my passion ", he continues arguing before delving into the great milestone of his career as a" coach ".

"It's been a while since I started to gather friends, it was funny that a kid from Albacete followed Rochdale and, well, they joked about taking me to watch a game, I do not work, I have small incomes and it was impossible for me to get together, but some of them his friends in Rochdale- posted a post in a forum ... and that's where it all began, "he explains excitedly as he remembers how he changed his life in just weeks. A magical day in Rochdale
So, with the collection of 500 dollars and a group on WhatsApp called 'Jesus has come to save us', the young man from Albacete showed up in Rochdale as a true star.

Pictures to pairs, visit to the stadium, presentations, greetings from institutions and a single goal: to achieve salvation in League One. "Since my trip was announced, it was incredible." It seemed like another world, the closest thing to a dream. reality, "he continues, while pointing out that" I still remember the 'itch' I felt in my body when I passed through the dressing room tunnel.

For a boy with (almost) a whole life to live, the experience has been placed in the 'top' of his life and his words well show it. "Since I arrived at the stadium I knew something was going to happen, I mean it, I had an important feeling and the hours passed, I went down to give the ball to the referee, I went through the main stand ... I had to break into tears of emotion".

The rival, Charlton. A historic team of red, placed in play off, that played access to the final round to ascend. Those of Sanchez, who would be on the other side of the green, 'only' needed to win - and depend on an external result - to stay in the category. The 90 'lived in the Spotland Stadium are history. History not to forget.

The atmosphere was brutal. They sang up my nickname 'SpanishDale'. With the goal, the stadium seemed to fall, people hugged me as if they had known me all my life. It was amazing, for example, the public whenever they met me, even if they did not know Spanish, they tried to say something, at least 'hello, how are you'. There are magical moments that I will not forget. "

With the push of an entire locality-including Alvaro-the appointment was made even more special thanks to Thompson's goal. The Rochdale player was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma last year 2014. He was only 23 years old and after nine hard months, he returned to the field. The Tranmere Rovers - equipment to which he belonged - did not renew him and returned to his home, to the place where he debuted after several years in the Manchester lower categories: al Rochdale.

However, in three years he was diagnosed again with said lymphoma and his sports career seemed to be over. A year after the fight, the war, the courage and the passion, the reward came in the form of a goal. A goal that lifted Jesus - and the hundreds present - from their seats so as not to sit down again.

The end that everyone had dreamed
There was Thompson, crying after his story. There was Jesus Sanchez, excited, enthusiastic, surrounded by people 'unknown', people who did not usually embrace him in his virtual home in Rochdale, who did not do so on his follow-up journey miles away, but he did see him as a Hero in the afternoon.

"I did not know what Thompson scored until the end, if it lacked a magic or crazy touch, it was this, he deserved that goal, he has worked hard, he has overcome his second cancer and he scores the goal of salvation", he says excitedly before leave one of the anecdotes that most 'filled'. "Some said, probably with an ironic twist, that it was incredible that Thompson scored and that Jesus - himself - was in the stands, Jesus came to save us, they said," he jokes, "Thompson noted, I was in the stands. the people, with an ironic-biblical tone spoke of 'Jesus has come to save us', it was incredible "

The story of Jesus, a boy who will become the idol - and the envy - for all those who one day started a game in FIFA, as predicted by Verne, surpassed fiction.

A story for, to learn, to value, not to forget. Jesus came to save the Rochdale
Spanish Dale story translation from Spanish newspaper on 22:30 - May 11 with 2555 viewsdalenumber2

Goodness was that translated by Google? 'Tranmere Rovers - equipment to which he belonged...' Good read though, great to see the Spanish Press is now talking about Rochdale.

Edit - had to laugh at the 'hundreds present' bit.
[Post edited 11 May 2018 22:42]
Spanish Dale story translation from Spanish newspaper on 23:26 - May 11 with 2488 viewsdownunder

The goal of Salvation. I rather like that.
Spanish Dale story translation from Spanish newspaper on 00:05 - May 12 with 2461 viewskiwidale

Spanish Dale story translation from Spanish newspaper on 22:30 - May 11 by dalenumber2

Goodness was that translated by Google? 'Tranmere Rovers - equipment to which he belonged...' Good read though, great to see the Spanish Press is now talking about Rochdale.

Edit - had to laugh at the 'hundreds present' bit.
[Post edited 11 May 2018 22:42]

Tazzy wrote it.

This is not the time for bickering.

Spanish Dale story translation from Spanish newspaper on 12:56 - May 12 with 2196 viewsjudd

I think it's a script for Matteo from Benidorm

Poll: What is it to be then?

Spanish Dale story translation from Spanish newspaper on 13:21 - May 12 with 2180 viewsBlueDales

Charlton are a historic team of red?

Great that this is getting coverage in the Spanish press too, it's a lovely story
Spanish Dale story translation from Spanish newspaper on 17:36 - May 16 with 1653 viewsmingthemerciless

I think " equipment " is a miss translation of " equipo " which I think is the Spanish term for team.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 17:38]
Spanish Dale story translation from Spanish newspaper on 23:06 - May 17 with 1433 viewsFondles

Spanish Dale story translation from Spanish newspaper on 00:05 - May 12 by kiwidale

Tazzy wrote it.

If he did it would have been hand written!
Spanish Dale story translation from Spanish newspaper on 05:00 - May 18 with 1375 viewsdownunder

Spanish Dale story translation from Spanish newspaper on 17:36 - May 16 by mingthemerciless

I think " equipment " is a miss translation of " equipo " which I think is the Spanish term for team.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 17:38]

I made a similar mistake many years ago, describing, in French essay, my support for Rochdale Hornets. I used "attelage" rather than "equipe". After losing marks and being told "attelage" was a "team of horses", I argued I was actually closer to the mark than the teacher thought.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024