Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goldbond season tickets 09:13 - Aug 12 with 4263 viewsGina

Have all the Goldbond agents recieved thier promised season tickets yet, as a thank you.
Goldbond season tickets on 09:18 - Aug 12 with 4239 viewsChaffRAFC

We were never promised season tickets, we were promised a reward for the years of hard work and the letter came through yesterday to say we were getting £50 off a season ticket which is very handy indeed. It will no doubt mean I'll be spending the difference in the club shop now but it's a gesture that I'm happy with anyway.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Goldbond season tickets on 09:21 - Aug 12 with 4231 viewsGina

Great stuff 50 quid is alright gets you a shirt
Goldbond season tickets on 09:17 - Aug 14 with 3951 viewsStatzdale

Goldbond season tickets on 09:21 - Aug 12 by Gina

Great stuff 50 quid is alright gets you a shirt

I got mine but won’t be using it. How anyone can still patronise the place who sacked them for no apparent reason and to people who brought in, in my case £20,000+ over 15 years into the club is totally beyond me. I still feel very bitter at how we were treated, and miss the walks and the customers immensely. And also losing a connection with the local population and the people who were goldbond customers but did not attend games
[Post edited 20 Aug 2020 5:38]
Goldbond season tickets on 11:28 - Aug 14 with 3824 viewsAncoats_Blue

Goldbond season tickets on 09:17 - Aug 14 by Statzdale

I got mine but won’t be using it. How anyone can still patronise the place who sacked them for no apparent reason and to people who brought in, in my case £20,000+ over 15 years into the club is totally beyond me. I still feel very bitter at how we were treated, and miss the walks and the customers immensely. And also losing a connection with the local population and the people who were goldbond customers but did not attend games
[Post edited 20 Aug 2020 5:38]

I get the sentiment about being annoyed. But, is sacked the right term? Isn’t the role as an agent voluntary and the club have just changed the method of collection so now no longer need voluntary assistance?

I know it’s a bit crap to lose a free ST and a few quid a week but to me the club are just moving with the times to get Direct Debit payments.

Before anyone jumps down my throat I was a goldbond agent for a few years so know the drill of how it used to work. Maybe there’s an argument for a hybrid door collection and direct debit option?
Goldbond season tickets on 11:35 - Aug 14 with 3806 viewsdawlishdale

Goldbond season tickets on 11:28 - Aug 14 by Ancoats_Blue

I get the sentiment about being annoyed. But, is sacked the right term? Isn’t the role as an agent voluntary and the club have just changed the method of collection so now no longer need voluntary assistance?

I know it’s a bit crap to lose a free ST and a few quid a week but to me the club are just moving with the times to get Direct Debit payments.

Before anyone jumps down my throat I was a goldbond agent for a few years so know the drill of how it used to work. Maybe there’s an argument for a hybrid door collection and direct debit option?

I think that we will have to reserve judgement until the figures for income from Goldbond come out. I'm still not sure I believe the figures quoted by our CEO. Why on earth would Total Gaming Solutions not want a substantial income for running it? It doesn't make business sense.

I understand that the monies generated for the club had dwindled to around £20k per year (it used to generate £250k p.a in it's heyday).

As long as it shows a decent increase on the £20k p.a for RAFC then I can live with the changes. If it produces less than this, then serious questions need to be asked of the person who changed everything; upsetting agents and customers along the way.
Goldbond season tickets on 22:07 - Aug 15 with 3516 viewsReedy

I just don’t see how they think it’s going to make more money than it did in its previous guise. For a start only 5% of old goldbond members signed up, so 95% have been left and will have no further money going into the club, or have any connection with the club. 284 out of 5,500 moved to the new system,

The prizes are less than they were, which will save some money. But also 20% of each £1 goes to charity, TGS won’t be doing it for nothing, as the canvassers won’t. Best guess, the club get 66p in the £1, rather than the 85p in the £1 they used to get from the old system. And they’ve lost 95% of their members. I struggle to see how it’s going to make the same money, never mind more.

Blog: The FA Cup

Goldbond season tickets on 11:30 - Aug 16 with 3369 viewsPotterDale

Well I'll be signing up again from 1st September now that there will be changes to the personnel.
Goldbond season tickets on 12:06 - Aug 16 with 3313 views100notout

Goldbond season tickets on 11:30 - Aug 16 by PotterDale

Well I'll be signing up again from 1st September now that there will be changes to the personnel.

"Changes to the personnel"?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Login to get fewer ads

Goldbond season tickets on 12:18 - Aug 16 with 3289 viewsPotterDale

Goldbond season tickets on 12:06 - Aug 16 by 100notout

"Changes to the personnel"?

Yes as of 31st August
Goldbond season tickets on 12:35 - Aug 16 with 3254 viewsSuddenLad

Goldbond season tickets on 11:30 - Aug 16 by PotterDale

Why is that relevant and why should it matter?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Goldbond season tickets on 12:39 - Aug 16 with 3245 viewsjudd

Goldbond season tickets on 12:35 - Aug 16 by SuddenLad

Why is that relevant and why should it matter?

It's an interesting concept though.

Get rid of certain people and generate more income.

Except 4 redundancies and an early retirement in the lotteries department won't have come cheap.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 12:41]

Poll: What is it to be then?

Goldbond season tickets on 12:58 - Aug 16 with 3209 viewsReedy

Goldbond season tickets on 12:39 - Aug 16 by judd

Except 4 redundancies and an early retirement in the lotteries department won't have come cheap.

The numbers as I see it on an annual basis:

Income:
£52,000 per year, estimated from the 284 that signed up and the members on the previous system.
I except this to go down as a lot of members paid in advance (a lot of mine could be £10 per time and I had one who paid annually)

Outgoings:
20% to charity (£10,400 per year)
Prizes of £350 every week (£18,200)
Say the rollover goes 5 times per year (£5,000)
The August and Christmas draws (£10,000)

This adds up to roughly £8,400 per annum. That’s before the cut that goes to TGS and the canvassers. I would estimate TGS is around 10% (even if that was for TGS and the canvassers) that would be £5,200. Leaving £3,200...

These are rough workings, so won’t be perfect, but it won’t be far off. The club have seen the demise from when goldbond used to contribute around £250,000 per year, to this.

Goldbond season tickets on 13:04 - Aug 16 with 3192 viewsJames1980

Was peak goldbond prior to the national lottery starting? Did that have an impact?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Goldbond season tickets on 13:31 - Aug 16 with 3161 views100notout

Goldbond season tickets on 12:18 - Aug 16 by PotterDale

Yes as of 31st August

Apologies - haven't got a clue what you're on about. Can you expand / provide a link please?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Goldbond season tickets on 13:42 - Aug 16 with 3153 viewsjudd

Goldbond season tickets on 12:58 - Aug 16 by Reedy

The numbers as I see it on an annual basis:

Income:
£52,000 per year, estimated from the 284 that signed up and the members on the previous system.
I except this to go down as a lot of members paid in advance (a lot of mine could be £10 per time and I had one who paid annually)

Outgoings:
20% to charity (£10,400 per year)
Prizes of £350 every week (£18,200)
Say the rollover goes 5 times per year (£5,000)
The August and Christmas draws (£10,000)

This adds up to roughly £8,400 per annum. That’s before the cut that goes to TGS and the canvassers. I would estimate TGS is around 10% (even if that was for TGS and the canvassers) that would be £5,200. Leaving £3,200...

These are rough workings, so won’t be perfect, but it won’t be far off. The club have seen the demise from when goldbond used to contribute around £250,000 per year, to this.

Do you think TGS would send 2 directors from Padiham to be forensically grilled by the trust because they earned just £100 per week at Rochdale?

Also, would you travel from the Wirral to canvas the dwellings of Rochdale for a small consideration for each conversion?

In the meeting of November 2019 we were told there had been 1208 sign ups to the new lottery and less than 50 converts. 1208 members annualised would generate £125,632 gross, yet the latest report has a turnover target for this year of £89,000.

Did we really sign up 1208 members between January and November 2019?

At the same November meeting we were told other than the club and cancer charity there were no other beneficiaries, now we are told that TGS offer a lower cost than our own employees. Were TGS being paid at the time of the November meeting? Has this cost affected the total nett contribution to lottery profits, stated as £20k in the last meeting?

Some things just do not add up.

Goldbond season tickets on 14:22 - Aug 16 with 3094 viewsPotterDale

Goldbond season tickets on 13:31 - Aug 16 by 100notout

Apologies - haven't got a clue what you're on about. Can you expand / provide a link please?

The current Lotteries Manager is leaving
Goldbond season tickets on 14:47 - Aug 16 with 3058 viewsReedy

Goldbond season tickets on 13:42 - Aug 16 by judd

Do you think TGS would send 2 directors from Padiham to be forensically grilled by the trust because they earned just £100 per week at Rochdale?

Also, would you travel from the Wirral to canvas the dwellings of Rochdale for a small consideration for each conversion?

In the meeting of November 2019 we were told there had been 1208 sign ups to the new lottery and less than 50 converts. 1208 members annualised would generate £125,632 gross, yet the latest report has a turnover target for this year of £89,000.

Did we really sign up 1208 members between January and November 2019?

At the same November meeting we were told other than the club and cancer charity there were no other beneficiaries, now we are told that TGS offer a lower cost than our own employees. Were TGS being paid at the time of the November meeting? Has this cost affected the total nett contribution to lottery profits, stated as £20k in the last meeting?

Some things just do not add up.

When the club stated it was starting up the lottery it gave all the new members from the old system, and the ones that were already on direct debits and standing order. The figures have now been quietly taken off the article.

So it’s goes down by roughly a third then, before the economy being shut down!

Even if it was £89,000 turnover rather than £52,000, the figures wouldn’t be a great deal better, because 20% goes to charity.

I’ve no issue with 20% going to what is a worthwhile charity, but I do find it odd, that the same person (Barry Kilby) runs TGS and it’s also his charity.

It’s clear that the club have dug the hole and are now so far in, can’t stop digging. It’s a fact that the club now get a smaller percentage in the pound than they used to. They is now denying that, it’s public knowledge. Add to that that the system now runs at about 20% of the old system. As Judd says, it doesn’t add up, it’s not even close to adding up.

The definitive answer will be in next years accounts, but to lose 95% of your paying members and the bad will it caused to agents, is completely ridiculous.

Goldbond season tickets on 15:09 - Aug 16 with 3015 viewsjudd

Goldbond season tickets on 14:47 - Aug 16 by Reedy

When the club stated it was starting up the lottery it gave all the new members from the old system, and the ones that were already on direct debits and standing order. The figures have now been quietly taken off the article.

So it’s goes down by roughly a third then, before the economy being shut down!

Even if it was £89,000 turnover rather than £52,000, the figures wouldn’t be a great deal better, because 20% goes to charity.

I’ve no issue with 20% going to what is a worthwhile charity, but I do find it odd, that the same person (Barry Kilby) runs TGS and it’s also his charity.

It’s clear that the club have dug the hole and are now so far in, can’t stop digging. It’s a fact that the club now get a smaller percentage in the pound than they used to. They is now denying that, it’s public knowledge. Add to that that the system now runs at about 20% of the old system. As Judd says, it doesn’t add up, it’s not even close to adding up.

The definitive answer will be in next years accounts, but to lose 95% of your paying members and the bad will it caused to agents, is completely ridiculous.

As a business case they've got to make it work.

I'm more concerned at the transparency of information being reported.

As a representative of shareholders I think the trust would be within their rights to ask to see last year's management accounts for the lottery department as well as any written agreement with TGS/Place Enterprise as to the terms and costs. They may very well have had sight and can confirm that all we've been told is accurate.

Goldbond season tickets on 17:47 - Aug 16 with 2873 viewskel

Goldbond season tickets on 12:39 - Aug 16 by judd

To be fair, one of them should have seen it coming.

If I went on an online forum having digs at the people above me/my boss for the world to see, then I wouldn’t expect to be under their employment for much longer. I’ve no idea about the other ones though so can’t comment.
Goldbond season tickets on 17:54 - Aug 16 with 2857 viewsjudd

Goldbond season tickets on 17:47 - Aug 16 by kel

If I went on an online forum having digs at the people above me/my boss for the world to see, then I wouldn’t expect to be under their employment for much longer. I’ve no idea about the other ones though so can’t comment.

Perhaps he did see it coming, hence your alleged digs?

Goldbond season tickets on 17:58 - Aug 16 with 2838 viewskel

Goldbond season tickets on 17:54 - Aug 16 by judd

Perhaps he did see it coming, hence your alleged digs?

Maybe. I don’t know the full story so can only comment on what I’ve read.
Goldbond season tickets on 18:07 - Aug 16 with 2812 viewsjudd

Goldbond season tickets on 17:58 - Aug 16 by kel

Maybe. I don’t know the full story so can only comment on what I’ve read.

I'm just doing the same, fella.

Goldbond season tickets on 20:09 - Aug 16 with 2704 views49thseason

Goldbond season tickets on 17:47 - Aug 16 by kel

So how does a business generating so little revenue warrant 5 FT employees? Or are they all part time? It's not as if they would be inundated with phone calls every day is it?
Was anyone actually responsible for marketing the Draw?
Were they out in the evenings canvassing for new customers ?
Goldbond season tickets on 20:27 - Aug 16 with 2679 viewsjudd

Goldbond season tickets on 20:09 - Aug 16 by 49thseason

So how does a business generating so little revenue warrant 5 FT employees? Or are they all part time? It's not as if they would be inundated with phone calls every day is it?

There were 4 in the department originally. One redundancy, one left, part timer took retirement aged about 80 and finally 1 early retirement. Replacement department of 3 all now redundant.
It would appear the department had £145,000 of costs.

Goldbond season tickets on 08:19 - Aug 17 with 2469 viewsjudd

Goldbond season tickets on 20:09 - Aug 16 by 49thseason

Thinking about your canvassing point, I always got a good response if I requested some canvassing but I do remember being told they were no longer allowed to canvas.

Putting 2 and 2 together, I reckon this must have coincided with TGS/Place starting to canvas in Rochdale and so they wouldn't want someone else canvassing and denying them potential earnings.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024