Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
am i missing something. 11:24 - Jul 3 with 1281 viewstodfest

I dont normally post on here but after reading and listening to what has been going on over the last few days i am beginning to feel this as been a long term objective of the previous directors in not only destablising the club but for what ever reason its ultimate collapse.
I now believe relegation last season was the ultimate aim,and i believe the previous manager may have been complicit in this.Having no fans in the ground voicing their opinions made it easy to implement these ongoing situations
How. such underhanded practices were allowed to go on throughout the club with nobody seeing the red flags amazes me
The playing aspect also comes into question when a team can win games convincingly one minute,playing great football,then become dire for weeks on end playing rubbish.This doesnt sit well with me and brings in to question a managers role in the whole situation.
Maybe i am wrong and thats the football gods for you ,but please dont tell me last seasons goings on was normal because quite obviously it wasnt.
am i missing something. on 11:56 - Jul 3 with 1105 viewsDalenet

I think there is a difference between being set up to fail and deliberately cheating in order to be relegated. The latter is a serious allegation.

There is no doubt in my mind that the pandemic derailed the club and the uncertainty created caution. The reserves were drained and we had few sources of finance available to us. We cut our cloth as we felt fit and the debate is whether we cut the right things whilst still spending elsewhere. We were frightened of taking action to steer the manager or replace him.

To be fair the club was clear long before the pandemic that we wanted outside investment and were searching for it. The Board were clearly convinced of that need. We were all ears and prepared to listen for a while, but the secrecy of the approach forced the Trust and shareholders amongst others to peel back the onion. I was always convinced that Andrew Kilpatrick walked away from the Chairmanship and Board because he was unhappy with the direction of travel. I may be completely wrong. But the remaining Board members became desperate to execute a sale strategy and in that scramble they lost the plot. They couldn't see the wood for the trees.

I am not convinced by a conspiracy that the playing side deliberately chose to lose games. The team selections didn't help, but no player would want to risk their reputation (and future ambition) to do that. BM may well have been told that relegation wouldn't be a problem, but given our financial position, he and the Board wouldn't want to deliberately make it worse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024