Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Twin Town Targets (Repeat Edition) / Multi-Club Approach 09:08 - Jan 29 with 965 viewsrkershaw

With the rumored multi-club approach recently surfacing ...... I thought I'd delve into the abyss and reintroduce this previous thread which might just lend itself to such a concept at our level (apologises but couldn't copy hyperlink!! :))

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53078948

Having read the above article with great interest 'St Pauli - The Cult German football club that wants to change the game forever - Is this club already living football's new future?' I drew distinct parallels with our own beloved football club and it's predominately, working class fan-base. Thinking cap on, I quickly jotted down a few ideas as to how our club could, possibly, follow St Pauli's journey to global success (400 official supporters clubs around the World).

Rochdale is twinned with Sahiwal (Pakistan)......population 431,000 .....Lahore (180km away)....population 12M.......Faisalabad (100km away).....population 3.5M. Twinned with Sylhet (Bangladesh).....population 852,000.......Sylhet Division/Region ....population 12M.......I know that the club already endeavours to engage the local Pakistani / Bangladeshi community.....perhaps we could throw the net further afield?? Twinned with Lviv (Ukraine)......population 724,000. Admittedly, only Lviv have a football club to note (FC Lviv who play in the Ukrainian Premier League (standard??) and comprise of players from the Ukraine and, more interestingly, Brazil!!) Post- Brexit......Rochdale's twin town links with Bielefeld and Peine (Germany) and Tourcoing (France) will be deemed unacceptable after the UK leaves the EC......replaced by Rhyl, Worksop and Romford (all have which have a football club...... with the former having a newly formed phoenix club).

Keeping with the theme of global domination......it'd be great to think that the club could continue to forge links with the aforementioned European twin towns in some capacity or other (especially as US Tourcoing FC seemingly developed a certain Didier Drogba and Johan Cabaye within their youth ranks!!;) The three UK based twin towns could perhaps provide us with pre- season friendlies and possibly a scouting system which could unearth the next Hendo?? Just think now would be the perfect time to create something a bit different and to think of our future........ both on and off the pitch!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024