Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Studds Bar 21:24 - Jul 2 with 2539 viewsDalenet

I see the club has just emailed us asking for our opinions on Studds. The email says they are working with the Dale Trust on this. I hope it is so they get all of our views and not about asking for trust funds.
Studds Bar on 21:28 - Jul 2 with 2523 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

you mean this?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Studds

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Studds Bar on 06:53 - Jul 3 with 2368 viewsColDale

this is every bit as genuine as the email sounds. The intention is to sort Studds out, and the first part of that involves supporter consultation.
Studds Bar on 07:06 - Jul 3 with 2363 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Studds Bar on 06:53 - Jul 3 by ColDale

this is every bit as genuine as the email sounds. The intention is to sort Studds out, and the first part of that involves supporter consultation.

The line of questioning is a bit scattergun!
Studds Bar on 09:38 - Jul 3 with 2258 viewslurker

Many a complaint has been made in the past that the club make changes to facilities without fan consultation, so fairplay to Colin Garlick on this one.
Studds Bar on 17:33 - Jul 3 with 2096 viewsrafc1984

I use Studds Bar, but have recieved no email. Is there a link anywhere so you can fill out the questionaire? or do you need the email to participate?
Studds Bar on 17:35 - Jul 3 with 2088 viewsSuddenLad

Studds Bar on 17:33 - Jul 3 by rafc1984

I use Studds Bar, but have recieved no email. Is there a link anywhere so you can fill out the questionaire? or do you need the email to participate?

See above. Follow the link.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Studds Bar on 17:46 - Jul 3 with 2067 viewsrochedale

I have told them to get better beer, however this would prob be unlikely as it would probably be down to the brewery what goes through the pumps. I said the girls are mingers and look like they dont want to be there and the decor is shite.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Studds Bar on 18:04 - Jul 3 with 2046 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Studds Bar on 17:46 - Jul 3 by rochedale

I have told them to get better beer, however this would prob be unlikely as it would probably be down to the brewery what goes through the pumps. I said the girls are mingers and look like they dont want to be there and the decor is shite.

I put in nicer terms and said its dull in there and needs rochdale pictures up and to be showing rochdale highlights more often and ticked the pubs i go in before it and that they are cheaper

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Login to get fewer ads

Studds Bar on 19:56 - Aug 11 with 1795 viewshitcher

Studds Bar on 17:46 - Jul 3 by rochedale

maybe a strip bar should be more up your street,with neon lights and purple rays,
this is 2nd division football in a more or less outdoor bar...bar staff are mingers?? maybe you would lke to display your wife or girlfriend for us and see how she is.....
thats if you have one , you sexist idiot. and no doubt you have got a small penis.
maybe it looks like they dont want to be there because they areonly on 6 sheets an HOUR
and get hassle off sexist dickheads like you all afternoon long!! great not having to put ure i.d on posts isnt it.... nob.
Studds Bar on 20:36 - Aug 11 with 1737 viewsDaleaholic

Studds Bar on 19:56 - Aug 11 by hitcher

maybe a strip bar should be more up your street,with neon lights and purple rays,
this is 2nd division football in a more or less outdoor bar...bar staff are mingers?? maybe you would lke to display your wife or girlfriend for us and see how she is.....
thats if you have one , you sexist idiot. and no doubt you have got a small penis.
maybe it looks like they dont want to be there because they areonly on 6 sheets an HOUR
and get hassle off sexist dickheads like you all afternoon long!! great not having to put ure i.d on posts isnt it.... nob.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Studds Bar on 21:10 - Aug 11 with 1698 viewsColDale

Brief update on Studds

The first phase of tackling Studds is to look at the redecoration of the bar. There is probably a hundred different things that could be done to improve the place, but we've decided that the first priority is making Studds look like a place for Dale fans to go.

We have acquired all but one of the home shirts from the past 25 years. The response from supporters has been fantastic. We are still missing the 1989-90 shirt that was never put on sale, but there may be player shirts that fans were given that may be in circulation.

All shirts that have been donated will be acknowledged. Unfortunately, some have been given without any way of identifying who has dropped them off, so if that acknowledgement isn't there, I apologise in advance. I also have a whole host of emails to get through that was forwarded on to me by the club that I'm hoping to get through in the next couple of days.

We have also identified a section of the wall in there as a tribute to a particular player from our past. We have ordered a number of canvas prints which will be just one aspect of this tribute, as many other things are planned.

Other things are planned in there too which I've not fully decided on at this moment. Am getting these two bits up and running first and then we'll tackle the next section of it.

I'm hoping that when we pay Barnet on 1st September, supporters will be able to see a difference in there. It won't be fully complete, but there should be evidence that changes are on their way.

The second phase will be tackling many of the comments that were in the Survey and looking to improve the matchday experience in there. Given the comments re: Ratcliffe Arms on Thursday, everything is going ahead as planned at this moment in time, and until circumstances change, the plan will remain unchanged. Sorry that not been able to get everything sorted in time for the opening game of the League season, but we'll get there and I'll keep people updated as and when.
Studds Bar on 21:13 - Aug 11 with 1686 viewsClivert

Studds Bar on 21:10 - Aug 11 by ColDale

Brief update on Studds

The first phase of tackling Studds is to look at the redecoration of the bar. There is probably a hundred different things that could be done to improve the place, but we've decided that the first priority is making Studds look like a place for Dale fans to go.

We have acquired all but one of the home shirts from the past 25 years. The response from supporters has been fantastic. We are still missing the 1989-90 shirt that was never put on sale, but there may be player shirts that fans were given that may be in circulation.

All shirts that have been donated will be acknowledged. Unfortunately, some have been given without any way of identifying who has dropped them off, so if that acknowledgement isn't there, I apologise in advance. I also have a whole host of emails to get through that was forwarded on to me by the club that I'm hoping to get through in the next couple of days.

We have also identified a section of the wall in there as a tribute to a particular player from our past. We have ordered a number of canvas prints which will be just one aspect of this tribute, as many other things are planned.

Other things are planned in there too which I've not fully decided on at this moment. Am getting these two bits up and running first and then we'll tackle the next section of it.

I'm hoping that when we pay Barnet on 1st September, supporters will be able to see a difference in there. It won't be fully complete, but there should be evidence that changes are on their way.

The second phase will be tackling many of the comments that were in the Survey and looking to improve the matchday experience in there. Given the comments re: Ratcliffe Arms on Thursday, everything is going ahead as planned at this moment in time, and until circumstances change, the plan will remain unchanged. Sorry that not been able to get everything sorted in time for the opening game of the League season, but we'll get there and I'll keep people updated as and when.

Thanks for the update Col.
Studds Bar on 21:31 - Aug 11 with 1648 viewswroughtironron

The name "Studds" is abysmal - we are a long time member of the Football League and have history - Studds sounds like a stag party bar.

For long enough we have ignored our all-time greatest player Reg Jenkins, and now we should re-name the Bar in his honour (and bring him back to open it).

I refuse to go in the dump and it needs a re-vamp big style.

Studds Bar on 21:41 - Aug 11 with 1640 viewsSuddenLad

Studds Bar on 21:31 - Aug 11 by wroughtironron

The name "Studds" is abysmal - we are a long time member of the Football League and have history - Studds sounds like a stag party bar.

For long enough we have ignored our all-time greatest player Reg Jenkins, and now we should re-name the Bar in his honour (and bring him back to open it).

Agree about the name. Desperately needs changing along with the ale and the decor. Thankfully, improvements seem to be on the way. I would agree that it should be named in honour of a former player and Reg would be my choice, but there will be many who never saw him play for whom the name will mean little.

Perhaps there should be a poll/vote amongst supporters to determine who gets the honour ?

I haven't been a customer in Studds for a good few seasons. Beer was awful, over-priced, the place generally was dismal, dimly lit and poorly laid out.

I hope the necessary improvements can lure customers back, because it's far more convenient to have a pre-match drink in there than have to get a taxi to the ground and miss the chance of a couple of extra beers.

Studds Bar on 21:41 - Aug 11 with 1640 viewsSuddenLad

Studds Bar on 21:31 - Aug 11 by wroughtironron

Agree about the name. Desperately needs changing along with the ale and the decor. Thankfully, improvements seem to be on the way. I would agree that it should be named in honour of a former player and Reg would be my choice, but there will be many who never saw him play for whom the name will mean little.

Perhaps there should be a poll/vote amongst supporters to determine who gets the honour ?

I haven't been a customer in Studds for a good few seasons. Beer was awful, over-priced, the place generally was dismal, dimly lit and poorly laid out.

I hope the necessary improvements can lure customers back, because it's far more convenient to have a pre-match drink in there than have to get a taxi to the ground and miss the chance of a couple of extra beers.

Studds Bar on 18:36 - Aug 31 with 1423 viewsColDale

Studds Bar on 21:10 - Aug 11 by ColDale

Brief update on Studds

Some of this has been mentioned in the story on the OS with regards to the club taking on the tenancy of the Ratcliffe Suite + Dale Bar.

The first phase of work has been completed. We have got shirts (aside from that elusive 89-90 shirt) up on the wall to give the place a real Dale feel. The framers have done a cracking job with the shirts, and it should act as a proper history lesson for younger Dale fans.

The second part of the work has seen a tribute wall to a former player. This particular section is about 75% complete, with a few other bits needing adding to it but that should come in the next couple of weeks, work permitting.

There is still more work to be done over the next few weeks, as the decoration is just one thing that came came up from the survey. There are clearly other things that need doing in there, like light bulbs etc but all of that will come with time, and via the Trust, we'll continue to keep you in the loop on this. There will also be acknowledgements made following all the support that has come from the fans over this project, as quite clearly this could not have happened without that help.

I'm sure there will be discussions between the club and the Trust following the acquisition of the Ratcliffe Suite / Dale Bar, and again when that time comes, we may look for the help and support of the fanbase with that project.

Studds will be open from around 12:30pm on Saturday, and will be showing the West Ham v Fulham game on the big screen. Even if its not your traditional pre-match drinking venue of choice, pop in and have a look.
Studds Bar on 19:41 - Aug 31 with 1359 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Is a renaming of Studds on the agenda Colin..? Personalisation is all the rage in retail and marketing presently...it would be good to have something with personal meaning to Dale fans.

Cheers,
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Studds Bar on 20:14 - Aug 31 with 1335 viewsColDale

Studds Bar on 19:41 - Aug 31 by Albert_Whitehurst

Is a renaming of Studds on the agenda Colin..? Personalisation is all the rage in retail and marketing presently...it would be good to have something with personal meaning to Dale fans.

Cheers,
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

It's an idea that has been discussed. tbh when we first started looking at Studds, we thought the name change was essential, as we look to give it a re-birth, but the results of the survey showed an awful lot of warmth for the name Studds which I found very surprising. Thats not to say things are written in stone.
Studds Bar on 21:01 - Aug 31 with 1283 viewsClingers

Studds Bar on 19:56 - Aug 11 by hitcher

'rochedale' is what we need at Rochdale, a real man with real needs. Myself and my clingers applaud your efforts to turn the bar into a more clunge friendly atmosphere. 'rochedale' and let's hope that Hitcher's suggestions are taken note of...neon lights and purple rays sound spiffing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024