Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ways to get the local community more involved 09:56 - Jul 20 with 2027 viewsDale1990

Now I know this has been covered before regarding attendances but here's an idea. Last night I went to see Leeds Rhinos and at half time their entertainment was fantastic! They had different primary schools competing in sports day-like races whilst carrying a ball and then ended it with over 100 children from a local dance club doing a routine in front of the main stand. Not only were all of those children in attendance but so were their parents and family who were all at the front of the stands taking photos and cheering. On the other side of the pitch were around 4 or 5 different mini rugby matches going on (which I know we already do).

Could we improve what we have on at half time? Maybe the football in the community staff could organise little football-based competitions (races, penalty shootouts) between local schools during each home game?
Ways to get the local community more involved on 18:47 - Jul 20 with 1937 viewsdebbiesfella

Was wondering did the parents get in free?, if so wouldn't that defeat the object?
Ways to get the local community more involved on 18:49 - Jul 20 with 1931 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Ways to get the local community more involved on 18:47 - Jul 20 by debbiesfella

Was wondering did the parents get in free?, if so wouldn't that defeat the object?

They might buy pies?
Ways to get the local community more involved on 03:25 - Jul 21 with 1845 viewspioneer

Ways to get the local community more involved on 18:49 - Jul 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

They might buy pies?

I cannot speak for this particular event but generally clubs would offer the junior clubs/organisations discounted admission tickets with the discount based on the number of tickets sold. Its a great marketing tool. I know of one organisation that returns 15% of the value of tickets sold by the organisation for their own funds - so puts the marketing effort in the hands of these local organisations - the more they sell, the more money for both the club and the local organisations. What are we waiting for?

And of course once you have them in the ground you can sell them pies programmes and replica shirts.
Ways to get the local community more involved on 08:51 - Jul 21 with 1816 views442Dale

Ways to get the local community more involved on 03:25 - Jul 21 by pioneer

I cannot speak for this particular event but generally clubs would offer the junior clubs/organisations discounted admission tickets with the discount based on the number of tickets sold. Its a great marketing tool. I know of one organisation that returns 15% of the value of tickets sold by the organisation for their own funds - so puts the marketing effort in the hands of these local organisations - the more they sell, the more money for both the club and the local organisations. What are we waiting for?

And of course once you have them in the ground you can sell them pies programmes and replica shirts.

That's a fantastic idea and could be offered to pretty much any company/junior club in the area. If they're making £2/£3 on every ticket they sell and it means we're getting 100 extra people in the ground every week, what's to lose?

It'll require some work to set-up and get out and about selling it across the borough, but by creating a point of contact at every organisation, they then become the club's rep in the future. Offer that person a free shirt to take on the role after selling five tickets (they'll hear such a low number and think it's a great deal!), then reward them again at Christmas/end of the season.

The only real issue would be the logistics of getting tickets out regularly. But maybe this can be overcome with some voucher system where people who buy a ticket pick it up before the game with their voucher.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ways to get the local community more involved on 09:14 - Jul 21 with 1800 viewsG_Dale

I suggested exactly the same idea to Colin garlic a few years ago after a fans forum. I said why don't the club approach local Sunday league teams and offer packages of say 10 tickets at a slightly reduced rate. I was told basically that these schemes already exist but it's down to the clubs or other groups to approach Rochdale directly, and then a discount for multiple tickets would be arranged, and was given a foreign amateur basketball team as an example. So rather than go looking for 'business', the dale seem happy to wait for customers to approach them

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Ways to get the local community more involved on 09:59 - Jul 21 with 1760 viewselectricblue

Ways to get the local community more involved on 09:14 - Jul 21 by G_Dale

I suggested exactly the same idea to Colin garlic a few years ago after a fans forum. I said why don't the club approach local Sunday league teams and offer packages of say 10 tickets at a slightly reduced rate. I was told basically that these schemes already exist but it's down to the clubs or other groups to approach Rochdale directly, and then a discount for multiple tickets would be arranged, and was given a foreign amateur basketball team as an example. So rather than go looking for 'business', the dale seem happy to wait for customers to approach them

"So rather than go looking for 'business', the dale seem happy to wait for customers to approach them."
Has that always been the case though.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Ways to get the local community more involved on 10:21 - Jul 21 with 1748 views442Dale

There can be no reason at all why this wouldn't be something the marketing dept. would want to at least explore. During a normal working week this sort of initiative would probably be something they're thinking about as they seek new ideas to increase the fanbase - in fact it's almost certainly a common topic of conversation between that part of a football club and the board, who themselves would be demanding regular feedback on what schemes are under consideration.

And using this forum as a constant source of customer feedback, they'll have stumbled across this thread and can use the ideas within. Presuming it's not something that's already been thought about.

Ways to get the local community more involved on 12:48 - Jul 21 with 1677 viewspioneer

I think the key element of this is getting them in in the first place - and this idea of getting kids teams/groups in for half time stuff for free means you get a captive audience - their parents - so hit them with the discount/team fundraising. Once they see how much they can make for their organisation without much effort they will be back for more.

But somebody has to be pushing from the Dale end - and I think we know that will never happen.

Im still waiting for the on line ticket sales!
Login to get fewer ads

Ways to get the local community more involved on 15:37 - Jul 22 with 1595 viewsMass_Debater

Ways to get the local community more involved on 10:21 - Jul 21 by 442Dale

There can be no reason at all why this wouldn't be something the marketing dept. would want to at least explore. During a normal working week this sort of initiative would probably be something they're thinking about as they seek new ideas to increase the fanbase - in fact it's almost certainly a common topic of conversation between that part of a football club and the board, who themselves would be demanding regular feedback on what schemes are under consideration.

And using this forum as a constant source of customer feedback, they'll have stumbled across this thread and can use the ideas within. Presuming it's not something that's already been thought about.

Too much like hard work.
Ways to get the local community more involved on 15:47 - Jul 22 with 1583 views442Dale

Ways to get the local community more involved on 15:37 - Jul 22 by Mass_Debater

Too much like hard work.

Shouldn't be after the initial marketing and set up the work would be done by the reps at each club/organisation. Similar to Goldbond really.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024