|Rochdale 1 v 1 Northampton Town|
SkyBet League One
Tuesday, 24th November 2020 Kick-off 19:45
Stats Magic: Rochdale v Northampton Town
Monday, 23rd Nov 2020 09:00 by TVOS
TVOS gives us stats from games against the Cobblers.
* Tuesday will be the 61st league game between Dale and Northampton Town and the 31st at Spotland
* Dale have won 11 of the previous 30 home fixtures, losing six times and drawing 13
* Our last home win over Northampton came in October 2013 when two late goals from Michael Rose and George Donnelly, added to Ian Henderson’s first half effort, saw Dale come back from 0-1 and 1-2 behind to win 3-2
* Dale’s best win versus The Cobblers is 6-2, which they achieved at Spotland on New Year’s Day 1994. Dave Lancaster netted a hat-trick that afternoon.
* That was the second home game against Northampton to feature eight goals; the other was a 5-3 win for Dale in May 1982 in which the goals were scored by eight different players.
* Dale’s most common result against The Cobblers is 1-1, which has happened 11 times, eight of them at Spotland
* Dale are unbeaten in their last nine home league and cup games versus Town, whose last victory at Spotland was a 3-0 success in April 2000
* Including matches at Sixfields, Dale are unbeaten in eight games against Northampton, with their last loss coming away from home in February 2013
* Dale’s leading appearance-maker against The Cobblers is Dave Thompson, with 13 games in his two spells at the club
* In the current squad, Matty Lund (6) has made most appearances for Dale against Northampton
* Dale’s top scorer against Town, with five goals, is Chris Jones, but Matty Lund only trails him by one
Dale threw away a 2-0 lead to draw 2-2 with Northampton when they were last at Spotland in October 2017
Ian Henderson scored twice by the hour-mark to set up what looked like a crucial victory, but The Cobblers hit back with two goals in the space of eight minutes to draw level.
Even then the drama wasn’t over when the visitors won an injury-time penalty, but Josh Lillis pulled-off a fine save from Jon-Joe O’Toole’s spot-kick to save his team’s point.
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]