|Wigan Athletic 0 v 5 Rochdale|
SkyBet League One
Tuesday, 15th December 2020 Kick-off 19:45
Stats Magic: Wigan Athletic v Rochdale
Monday, 14th Dec 2020 12:00 by TVOS
TVOS gives us the stats for our visit to Wigan Athletic
* Tuesday will be the 21st league game between Dale and Wigan Athletic and the 11th at Wigan
* Eight of the previous 10 away fixtures took place at Springfield Park, with two at the DW Stadium
* Dale have won two of those 10 away matches, losing five times and drawing three
* Our last away win over The Latics came in December 1996 when Steve Whitehall’s fourth minute penalty proved to be the only goal of the game
* Dale’s best win versus Wigan is 3-0, which they achieved at Spotland in October 1980 thanks to two Dennis Wann goals and a late effort from Mark Hilditch
* In Dale’s 13 league and cup visits to Wigan, they have scored only four goals and failed to find the net eight times
* The Latics (10) have kept twice as many clean sheets as Dale (5) in the sides’ 20 league meetings
* The most common scoreline when Dale play Wigan is 2-0, which has been achieved eight times… by Wigan!
* Dale’s 10 league visits to Wigan have averaged only 1.70 goals per game, the joint-lowest rate (along with Cardiff City) of teams we have played away at least 10 times
* Our last four games at Wigan have all ended 1-0, with three of those wins going Latics’ way
* Dale’s leading appearance-maker against Wigan is Steve Whitehall, with nine games in league and cup football
* In the current squad, Jim McNulty (four) has made most appearances for Dale versus The Latics
* Dale’s top scorer against Wigan, with three goals, is Steve Whitehall
Dale continued to look like relegation certainties when they lost 1-0 at the DW Stadium in February 2018.
Michael Jacobs netted the only goal after 12 minutes to keep up Wigan’s charge towards the League One title.
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]