|Charlton Athletic 4 v 4 Rochdale|
SkyBet League One
Tuesday, 12th January 2021 Kick-off 19:00
Stats Magic: Charlton Athletic v Rochdale
Monday, 11th Jan 2021 12:00 by TVOS
Dale travel down to Charlton this week and TVOS gives us the stats for this fixture.
CHARLTON ATHLETIC (A)
* Tuesday will be the 15th league game between Dale and Charlton Athletic and the eighth at The Valley
* Dale have won one of their previous seven league visits to Charlton, losing five times and drawing once
* Our only away win over The Addicks came in October 2016 when a 25th minute Calvin Andrew goal settled the destiny of the points, although Dale needed a Josh Lillis penalty save to preserve their lead
* Home and away, Dale have won three of their last six meetings with Charlton, all by the same 1-0 scoreline
* Dale’s only other point at The Valley came in February 2012 when Nicky Adams scored in a 1-1 draw for John Coleman’s men
* Dale’s best win versus Charlton is 2-0, which they achieved at Spotland in March 2011 thanks to goals from Jason Kennedy and Craig Dawson
* We have met Charlton four times in cup action, with Dale’s solitary win (1-0) coming in the third round of our run to the League Cup Final in 1961/62
* The other three cup meetings, all in the FA Cup, saw Charlton victories, most recently at The Valley in January 2005
* We have beaten Athletic five times in league and cup football, four of those victories finishing 1-0
* Dale’s leading appearance-makers against Charlton are Calvin Andrew, Callum Camps and Joe Thompson, with six games each
* In the current squad, Matt Done and Ollie Rathbone (4 apiece) have made most appearances for Dale against The Addicks
* Dale’s top scorer against Charlton, with two goals, is Calvin Andrew. He also has an own goal in this fixture!
Dale were beaten 4-0 when they were last at Charlton on the final day of the 2018/19 season. Calvin Andrew scored his third goal in this fixture, but unfortunately it was past his own goalkeeper!
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]