|Gillingham 2 v 2 Rochdale|
SkyBet League One
Saturday, 23rd January 2021 Kick-off 15:00
Stats Magic: Gillingham v Rochdale
Thursday, 21st Jan 2021 16:13 by TVOS
TVOS provides the stats ahead of the weekends away fixture at Gillingham.
* Saturday will be the 46th league game between Dale and Gillingham and the 23rd at the Priestfield Stadium
* Dale have won two of the previous 22 away fixtures, losing 11 times and drawing nine
* Dale’s last away win over Gillingham came in September 2012 when Andrew Tutte and Bobby Grant netted in our 2-1 victory in Kent
* Dale haven’t won in their six visits to the Priestfield Stadium since then, losing five times
* Dale lost 4-2 at Gillingham in May 1962, two days after the second leg of the League Cup Final at Norwich
* Two goals from Dave Lancaster gave Dale a 2-1 win at the Priestfield Stadium in December 1993. This was our first league victory there, in what was our 12th league visit.
* That win for Dale saw them complete the only league double by either club in 22 seasons’ worth of meetings…
* … although Gillingham will get their first league double over Dale if they win on Saturday
* Dale’s most common score against The Gills is 1-1, which has occurred eight times
* Dale’s best win versus Gillingham is 4-1, which they achieved at Spotland in March 2017
* Dale’s leading appearance-maker against Gillingham is Ian Henderson, with 11 games in his seven years at the club
* In the current squad, Jim McNulty (9) has made most appearances for Dale versus The Gills
* Dale’s top scorers against Gillingham, with seven goals, is Ian Henderson
An 86th minute header from Connor Ogilvie condemned Dale to a 1-0 defeat at Gillingham in-between Christmas and New Year 2019.
To add further salt into the wound, MJ Williams was sent-off in the closing minutes after picking-up two yellow cards in the same incident.
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]