|Northampton Town 0 v 0 Rochdale|
SkyBet League One
Tuesday, 23rd February 2021 Kick-off 19:45
Stats Magic: Northampton Town v Rochdale
Monday, 22nd Feb 2021 15:00 by TVOS
TVOS gives us the stats ahead of Dale's huge away fixture at Northampton Town
* Tuesday will be the 62nd league game between Dale and Northampton Town and the 31st at Northampton
* This will be our 12th league match at Sixfields Stadium, having played the previous 19 at the County Ground
* Dale have won eight of the previous 30 away fixtures, losing 14 times and drawing eight
* Our last away win over Northampton came in our most recent visit there in February 2018, as described at the foot of this article
* Dale’s best win versus The Cobblers is 6-2, which they achieved at Spotland on New Year’s Day 1994. Dave Lancaster netted a hat-trick that afternoon.
* That was the second home game against Northampton to feature eight goals; the other was a 5-3 win for Dale in May 1982 in which the goals were scored by eight different players.
* Dale’s best away result versus Town is the 3-0 win we achieved on the way to promotion in March 2014. Ian Henderson, Matty Lund and Joe Bunney scored that night, although Lund’s celebration saw him booked and subsequently sent-off…
* But in December 2016, Lund had a happier game at Sixfields on a personal level with a hat-trick in Dale’s 3-2 win
* Dale’s most common result against The Cobblers is 1-1, which has happened 12 times, nine of them at Spotland
* Dale have won each of their last three away fixtures against Northampton
* Dale are unbeaten in their last nine league and cup games versus Town, whose last victory in this fixture was a 3-1 success at Sixfields in February 2013
* Dale’s leading appearance-maker against The Cobblers is Dave Thompson, with 13 games in his two spells at the club
* In the current squad, Matty Lund (7) has made most appearances for Dale against Northampton
* Dale’s top scorer against Town, with five goals, is Chris Jones, but Lund only trails him by one
Calvin Andrew’s 53rd minute goal gave Dale a crucial 1-0 win when they were last at Sixfields in February 2018.
Despite the victory they were still eight points away from climbing out of the relegation zone, although they did have up to four games in hand on some clubs.
See the action here:
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
[ Vote here ]