Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marvin Emnes 19:11 - Jan 31 with 15678 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Jesus wept
Marvin Emnes on 22:17 - Jan 31 with 1802 viewsSwanfan1

Marvin Emnes on 22:16 - Jan 31 by Liam12345

Amy Lewis ‏@SkySportsAmy 3m
Also told @SwansOfficial don't expect to do any other business tonight. Chairman has left and all closed up here

Laudrup´s back up strikers not been good enough
Great manager pulled some rabbits out of the hat but
Shechter and this season Vazquez,
this is clearly the board saying, let us handle the back up players.

but thats it goodnight and 3 points tomorrow !
another nervous match

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Marvin Emnes on 22:20 - Jan 31 with 1747 viewssammylee3

Marvin Emnes on 21:44 - Jan 31 by Liberty

Sammy lee, it was you who a week ago said Laudrup cant be arsed and you suggested bringing back Tate and Monk.

he appears sometimes not to be arsed as his style. Given the Amount of fight we showed at the last derby yeah maybe we should bring back Tate, Monk and Emnes lol (this is a joke by the way) but the way Bellamy bullied us last time perhaps we could do with people that will run through a brick wall
Marvin Emnes on 22:23 - Jan 31 with 1711 viewssomersetsimon

Marvin Emnes on 22:17 - Jan 31 by Swanfan1

Laudrup´s back up strikers not been good enough
Great manager pulled some rabbits out of the hat but
Shechter and this season Vazquez,
this is clearly the board saying, let us handle the back up players.

but thats it goodnight and 3 points tomorrow !
another nervous match

I suppose Huw knows he can get away with picking a couple of players. If Laudrup complains about board intererence in transfers, then Huw just holds up a photo of Vasquez. End of discussion.
Marvin Emnes on 22:28 - Jan 31 with 1654 viewsicecoldjack

Didnt Laudrup also say that we wont improve signing players from the Lower leagues ?? i seem to remember this was in reference to us looking at Championship players in the summer.
Things may well be different now of course but which ever way you slice it something has changed.

Laudrup considered 22 players as ideal and with this in mind realeased the likes of Luke Moore, the club acknowledged this and spent the money on quality not qauntity.

Now we are signing championship players we have targeted from last summer,if memory serves me well we were linked with both N'gog and Emnes in the past, with everyone returning to full fitness the time for signing someone was 3 weeks ago not on deadlin day IMO, we would be extremely unlucky to have 7 players injured again so maybe this is a change of tact by Laudrup and/or the club and indeed an addmission that fighting 3/4 competitions with 22 players was always going to be a big ask .

But it is classic Swans that we get linked with Chadli then end up with somebody like Emnes!

Marvin will do well here so will N'gog , i hope the Jack faithful will get behind them both ,they seem like confidence players to me,again not too disimilar to Luke Moore, i was always convinced that a bit more love from the terraces would have brought out a bit more in Luke, though i think he won most over by the end of his time .

Very Interesting buisness by us, it looks like there is a little bit of panic in terms of potential injury and they have looked to cover all the bases ,especially with Bartley being recalled.

Welcome back Marvin !!
Marvin Emnes on 22:28 - Jan 31 with 1651 viewsmarchamjack

'Im chuffed if marvin comes back to us. It is who and what you know. Dont ever underestimate that'

I think Leigh Dineen's tweet shows who pushed for Emnes then...

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Marvin Emnes on 22:34 - Jan 31 with 1602 viewsPacemaker

Marvin Emnes on 22:28 - Jan 31 by marchamjack

'Im chuffed if marvin comes back to us. It is who and what you know. Dont ever underestimate that'

What did the tweet say?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Marvin Emnes on 22:34 - Jan 31 with 1599 viewslonglostjack

Marvin Emnes on 22:00 - Jan 31 by icecoldjack

Yeah your probably right there.

We could have actually re-signed Luke if memory serves me well, isnt he available ? there is still time !!

All seems like there are Two pieces to the Swans puzzle, Laudrup and Huw both doing slightly different things while trying to benifit the club .

I got no problem with the signing of Emnes,same with N'gog ,they will be good back up players IMO . It just seems a bit daft when we had that perfect back up option in Luke Moore but Laudrup decided he wasnt good enough .

Both Emnes and N'gog are the right age to develop at the Swans though,they have experience and the ability to learn so overall they arnt bad players to bring in and they give us plenty of options.

I must make a point about leadbetter, im not overly impressed with the work he has done since being in the Job, between him and Huw we have pretty much brought in players that have either failed or been bombed out by Laudrup (Bartley recalled now though)

What Laudrup has brought in at the same kind of level is streets away from what else has been brought in,obviously Laudrup has a blind spot on strikers but his cheap deals look great ,players like Poz and Amat w
ill only improve.

So, its written that Marvin comes on to score the winner against Cardiff then !!

Just read this. A great post.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Marvin Emnes on 22:37 - Jan 31 with 1572 viewsicecoldjack

Marvin Emnes on 22:28 - Jan 31 by marchamjack

"what you know" hmm.. so do the board know more than Laudrup and Larsen when it comes to signing players ? odd thing to say IMO.

It has to be said though that Laudrup doesn't do Bargin basement striker signigns very well !!

Overall im happy with Marvin and N'gog though, 2 rough Diamonds who wont let us down ,it will be interesting to see if Bartley gets any game time ,my guess is that he will be sitting in the stands most weekends .
Login to get fewer ads

Marvin Emnes on 22:37 - Jan 31 with 1563 viewsmarchamjack

Marvin Emnes on 22:34 - Jan 31 by Pacemaker

What did the tweet say?

first line of my previous post in quote marks

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Marvin Emnes on 22:38 - Jan 31 with 1546 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

I doubt Emnes and NGog will be on the bench together once everyone returns to fitness

1 of them will be on the bench the other will be in the stand
Marvin Emnes on 22:51 - Jan 31 with 1464 viewssomersetsimon

Not totally decided yet. This a few minutes ago on the BBC website

BBC Sport's Steve Crossman reports: "So, Danny Graham looks like's joined Middlesbrough - we're awaiting confirmation but my understanding is that it's gone through.
"Graham Dorrans is also a target. West Brom may have pulled the plug on this one at the last minute. If that's true - and it looks increasingly like it is - it's still possible Boro will turn their attention to Lee Tomlin from Peterborough.
"If either join, Marvin Emnes will go to Swansea. If neither join, Aitor Karanka will have a big decision to make about allowing him to leave."
Marvin Emnes on 22:58 - Jan 31 with 1418 viewsicecoldjack

Marvin Emnes on 22:51 - Jan 31 by somersetsimon

Not totally decided yet. This a few minutes ago on the BBC website

BBC Sport's Steve Crossman reports: "So, Danny Graham looks like's joined Middlesbrough - we're awaiting confirmation but my understanding is that it's gone through.
"Graham Dorrans is also a target. West Brom may have pulled the plug on this one at the last minute. If that's true - and it looks increasingly like it is - it's still possible Boro will turn their attention to Lee Tomlin from Peterborough.
"If either join, Marvin Emnes will go to Swansea. If neither join, Aitor Karanka will have a big decision to make about allowing him to leave."

DG will want that move IMO , he started off at Boro i think, so he is basically a smoggy returning home in that respect, 1 year on and one goal that lad got, and that goal had to be against us didnt it !!

Any chance we will "persue other targets " ???
Marvin Emnes on 00:28 - Feb 1 with 1224 viewsJJJack

Marvin Emnes on 19:26 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

I guess this kills the misconception that Laudrup is in complete control of transfers.

Absolute shambles.

I said this was the case ages ago. I got, on the whole, castigated as "clueless." Laudrup seems to have virtually no transfer input at present other than naming positions he wants cover in.
No problem with that, he needs to concentrate on winning football matches rather than buying dodgy players. As it should be IMO.
Marvin Emnes on 11:56 - Feb 1 with 1140 viewsDibaba

Marvin Emnes on 21:41 - Jan 31 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Been on the bench due to an extreme injury situation. As Laudrup never stops telling us (and I agree), you can't build your squad around the possibility of having so many injuries.

Probable bench for Cardiff game: Tremmel, Tiendalli, Amat, Ngog, Michu, Canas, Routs

Don't really see the need for Emnes to be sitting in the stand (or Ngog of you want to swap) alongside Lamah.

It was obvious from watching the last game that it will probably take Hernandez some time before he hits top speed, which is adequate at best. It is expecting too much for any of our wingers, who have all had bouts with injury this term, to play so many important games in the next few months. Obviously, the new signings will be able to provide cover when we are losing that yard of pace near the end of matches or when the outcome seems largely determined.

Besides, having the pace of Dyer, Emnes, and an increasingly in-form Routledge on the wings will create more space for Bony in the middle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024