Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marvin Emnes 19:11 - Jan 31 with 15298 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Jesus wept
Marvin Emnes on 20:09 - Jan 31 with 2091 views3swan

Marvin Emnes on 20:05 - Jan 31 by union_jack

Booger!

Must be true

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/33969/swans-sign-emnes-to
Marvin Emnes on 20:11 - Jan 31 with 2052 viewsJonnyTheJack

I don't know what people expect. There was no way we were going to get Chadli or Holtby. They play that behind the striker role Michu plays and he's back next week. Put that with the fact they'd be on around 40/50k a week. We can't afford to have 2 or 3 top class players in a position that requires 1 player.

We obviously left it too late to give it serious thought about a certain player and just wanted bodies in. He knows the club which will help, he's also capable of playing 2 or 3 positions. I'm not sure how many games he'll play but he'll take Vasquez's place on the bench surely which will improve the gameday squad?
Marvin Emnes on 20:12 - Jan 31 with 2043 viewsmax936

Marvin Emnes on 19:41 - Jan 31 by magicdaps10

This a signing just for the sake of it!

Surely we have the numbers and needed a winger who could come into the starting team and make a impact.

Got to laugh we pull out of the chase for lnce to pursue other targets and end up with Emnes desperation springs to mind to me.

Just after I've got over the shock of us signing Ngog.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Marvin Emnes on 20:17 - Jan 31 with 1963 viewssammylee3

Marvin Emnes on 20:12 - Jan 31 by max936

Got to laugh we pull out of the chase for lnce to pursue other targets and end up with Emnes desperation springs to mind to me.

technially good player and only 25, never wanted to go back to Boro. Good signing give him a chance clowns
Marvin Emnes on 20:18 - Jan 31 with 1948 viewsDarran

Marvin Emnes on 20:17 - Jan 31 by sammylee3

technially good player and only 25, never wanted to go back to Boro. Good signing give him a chance clowns

Well said Sammy.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Marvin Emnes on 20:19 - Jan 31 with 1932 viewsSTEVE1

Marvin Emnes on 20:12 - Jan 31 by max936

Out of interest what evidence is there this is true.
Marvin Emnes on 20:19 - Jan 31 with 1927 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

I didn't think he was that good the first time around in the Championship

So in the summer Laudrup tells Jenkins Emnes is not good enough and now we go out and get him on loan 5 months later

He must have improved since then . . . . oh hang on 1 goal in 24 games for Boro and they can't wait to get shot of him
Marvin Emnes on 20:23 - Jan 31 with 1855 viewsairedale

One thing I noticed about him when he came to us originally, he hit the ground running with regards to our playing style, as if he had played for us for a long time.

The only reservations I have about him is whether he's PL standard.
Login to get fewer ads

Marvin Emnes on 20:24 - Jan 31 with 1830 viewssammylee3

Marvin Emnes on 20:18 - Jan 31 by Darran

Well said Sammy.

people on this board are brain dead chances are we got him on the cheap he's 25, technically great, lad needs backing,he hated it at Boro apparently and scored against the scum and we all wanted to keep him.
Marvin Emnes on 20:24 - Jan 31 with 1823 viewsJonnyTheJack

Marvin Emnes on 20:19 - Jan 31 by TenkosBlondeWig

So in the summer Laudrup tells Jenkins Emnes is not good enough and now we go out and get him on loan 5 months later

He must have improved since then . . . . oh hang on 1 goal in 24 games for Boro and they can't wait to get shot of him

Do you realise players sometimes perform better at different clubs and better teams?
Marvin Emnes on 20:25 - Jan 31 with 1815 viewsmax936

Marvin Emnes on 20:18 - Jan 31 by Darran

Well said Sammy.

You just like his hair.

Marvin Emnes on 20:25 - Jan 31 with 1812 viewsLeonisGod

Marvin Emnes on 20:19 - Jan 31 by TenkosBlondeWig

Luckily the people who are making these signings have probably done more than pop onto wiki to get his goal ratio. Thank god for that as well, otherwise we wouldn't have players like Dyer at the club.
Marvin Emnes on 20:28 - Jan 31 with 1771 viewsMolliemick

Marvin Emnes on 20:23 - Jan 31 by airedale

One thing I noticed about him when he came to us originally, he hit the ground running with regards to our playing style, as if he had played for us for a long time.

He is a competent player who will help us field FA cup and Europa League teams. He will not necessarily play in the PL.
Marvin Emnes on 20:29 - Jan 31 with 1755 viewssammylee3

Marvin Emnes on 20:25 - Jan 31 by LeonisGod

Luckily the people who are making these signings have probably done more than pop onto wiki to get his goal ratio. Thank god for that as well, otherwise we wouldn't have players like Dyer at the club.

there all UTD fans on here, unless we sign big names there all sh1t according to some of the clowns on here.
Marvin Emnes on 20:30 - Jan 31 with 1719 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

I have seen Emnes play and he didn't actually set the world alight in the Championship for us

OK, he scored a terrific goal against Cardiff

If that makes him good enough for a Premier League team looking for a mid table spot then I am amazed

NGog and Emnes = Vasquez and Lamah
Marvin Emnes on 20:31 - Jan 31 with 1702 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Have you seen what the Boro fans are saying about him !!!!! ?

They are laughing their heads off
Marvin Emnes on 20:32 - Jan 31 with 1695 viewsairedale

Marvin Emnes on 20:28 - Jan 31 by Molliemick

He is a competent player who will help us field FA cup and Europa League teams. He will not necessarily play in the PL.

I don't think so , those competitions are a bit long in the tooth now, I don't think it would be a good idea to play him against Napoli or Everton.
Marvin Emnes on 20:32 - Jan 31 with 1694 viewsmax936

Marvin Emnes on 20:24 - Jan 31 by sammylee3

people on this board are brain dead chances are we got him on the cheap he's 25, technically great, lad needs backing,he hated it at Boro apparently and scored against the scum and we all wanted to keep him.

Well lets hope he come here looking for a fresh start and a determination to do well, one thing he's got like Ngog is pace, so i hope he takes his chance when its given.

Marvin Emnes on 20:37 - Jan 31 with 1658 viewsLeonisGod

Marvin Emnes on 20:31 - Jan 31 by TenkosBlondeWig

And last year they were lauding him. Fans are a fickle bunch, as proven on every forum.
Marvin Emnes on 20:38 - Jan 31 with 1645 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Marvin Emnes on 20:37 - Jan 31 by LeonisGod

And last year they were lauding him. Fans are a fickle bunch, as proven on every forum.

Are you sure?
Marvin Emnes on 20:41 - Jan 31 with 1605 viewsLeonisGod

Marvin Emnes on 20:23 - Jan 31 by airedale

Good point. Worth a shot I'd say. We of all fans should know that players can make the step up with us - just look at the players who've we've been able to stick with through the years.

And let's face it, he couldn't possibly be worse than Pablo can be when he's off form.
Marvin Emnes on 20:44 - Jan 31 with 1585 viewsJackSomething

Marvin Emnes on 20:31 - Jan 31 by TenkosBlondeWig

Have you seen what some of our fans have said about JDG? The same would apply for many of our players. Half of our fans on this board have spent most of the last 2 seasons saying Dyer isn't good enough.

The lesson here is that you can't trust what people write on message boards. More tripe than a Talksport phone-in.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Marvin Emnes on 20:48 - Jan 31 with 1550 viewsLeonisGod

Marvin Emnes on 20:38 - Jan 31 by TenkosBlondeWig

Are you sure?

First half of last season he was flying (or was it season before, I lose track). But point being he's clearly got some talent. I'd rather wait to see how he fits in before getting too upset. If he's just cover, maybe he'll not even be needed but gives us some depth in the squad until the summer.
Marvin Emnes on 20:49 - Jan 31 with 1537 viewsRancid

Now the dust has settled on it you can understand the move more I think.Initial reaction was wtf but like every other player he'll get my support come match day.
Marvin Emnes on 20:51 - Jan 31 with 1500 viewsmax936

Marvin Emnes on 20:49 - Jan 31 by Rancid

Now the dust has settled on it you can understand the move more I think.Initial reaction was wtf but like every other player he'll get my support come match day.

Agreed, Im coming around to the idea

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024