Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup had to go... BUT 09:53 - Feb 5 with 1762 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

Why are people starting threads celebrating his departure?

Whether you agreed with his approach or not or disliked his lack of fist pumping from the sidelines, this is the most successful manager in the history of our club.

On the face of it we're 12th in the premier league, in the last 32 of the europa league, in the 5th round of the FA Cup with our star players coming back from injury.

And I agree his time was coming to an end & I wanted to see him replaced (when the time was right) but have some class ffs. Some of you act like we're Chelsea/Man Utd, you have no idea of the truly shocking managers we've had over the years such as Alan Cork, Kevin Cullis & Nick Cusak to name a few.

You're an embarrassment.

Poll: What would you rather see.....

Laudrup had to go... BUT on 10:01 - Feb 5 with 1722 viewsjackforever

May be because some of us were sick of his football, attitude and lack of concern for the club we loved. Any man who would rather be in Paris on the Monday of a scum game after that debacle on the weekend won't get respect off me.
Laudrup had to go... BUT on 10:02 - Feb 5 with 1717 viewsZut_Alors

Nothing wrong with heralding a possible fresh approach, but I agree that a lot is going too far. Laudrup is a strange character, really. Can't really think of many others like him. There's a very telling Cruyff quote on his wiki page:

"One of the most difficult players I have worked with. When he gives 80—90% he is still by far the best, but I want 100%, and he rarely does that."

Reading that now, I wonder whether the same could be said for his ability to manage.

Hopefully the season ends well and we can all look back on his time in charge with the great memories he's helped us achieve in mind.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2014 10:03]
Laudrup had to go... BUT on 10:13 - Feb 5 with 1663 viewsperchrockjack

12th in the league, we were 10th soon we could be ...

Look at the table -all of it.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Laudrup had to go... BUT on 10:24 - Feb 5 with 1619 viewsjackforever

Laudrup had to go... BUT on 10:13 - Feb 5 by perchrockjack

12th in the league, we were 10th soon we could be ...

Look at the table -all of it.

12th in the league really is an interesting way to paint the picture. 2 points off the drop and bottom of the form league is a far more shall we say realistic portrayal of our current plight
Laudrup had to go... BUT on 10:36 - Feb 5 with 1557 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I think a feeling of celebration (for me anyway) is not what I'm feeling at the moment. It's a sad day for us but I'll look back with pride at his first season at the helm , winning us our first major silverware ever.

However, if relations all round have broken down at the club then surely a change had to be made

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Laudrup had to go... BUT on 10:38 - Feb 5 with 1546 viewsperchrockjack

Laudrup had to go... BUT on 10:24 - Feb 5 by jackforever

12th in the league really is an interesting way to paint the picture. 2 points off the drop and bottom of the form league is a far more shall we say realistic portrayal of our current plight

is just a manifestation of the obsession with that feckn P word overused to feck on here.

People /fans have passion and are bound to clash if they care. Hard to see LAUDRUP caring much really about anything.

Realistically we re in shuite but not by any means unable to rid ourselves of it. #

This could well start Saturday when ,if we win, LAUDRUP will be soon forgotten.

In business, you cannot look to past successes to keep you job or your business

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Laudrup had to go... BUT on 10:41 - Feb 5 with 1523 viewsZut_Alors

Laudrup had to go... BUT on 10:38 - Feb 5 by perchrockjack

is just a manifestation of the obsession with that feckn P word overused to feck on here.

People /fans have passion and are bound to clash if they care. Hard to see LAUDRUP caring much really about anything.

Realistically we re in shuite but not by any means unable to rid ourselves of it. #

This could well start Saturday when ,if we win, LAUDRUP will be soon forgotten.

In business, you cannot look to past successes to keep you job or your business

"In business, you cannot look to past successes to keep you job or your business"

Oh, I think you can. I'm sure Laudrup would have been given more time had it not been so obvious that he would be offski come the summer.
Laudrup had to go... BUT on 10:54 - Feb 5 with 1475 viewsCatullus

Laudrup had to go... BUT on 10:01 - Feb 5 by jackforever

May be because some of us were sick of his football, attitude and lack of concern for the club we loved. Any man who would rather be in Paris on the Monday of a scum game after that debacle on the weekend won't get respect off me.

If it's right that he was visiting his daughter (is it right?) then I can cut him slack because my family will always come before the Swans.
Laudrup had to go because of what happened at the club. His lack of enthusiasm, positivity and drive were all obvious. He targeted the cups because he thought we weren't good enough, big enough or had enough money to survive in this division.
His apparent surrender to bigger teams is an astonishing approach. Smaller clubs than us don't let their managers last long with that kind of attitude. Much as I dislike him, Wigan's owner wouldn't have put up with it.
On form, performances, attitude and results, he had to go. I'm not crowing about it, it's just a fact. We still have 14 games left which is enough time to turn it around. If we'd waited another month there might not have been enough time.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup had to go... BUT on 11:05 - Feb 5 with 1405 viewsunion_jack

Laudrup had to go... BUT on 10:24 - Feb 5 by jackforever

This!

People constantly going on about our league position. The way the league is this year it means Jack sh1t!! 2 points off relegation. Theoretically one loss. How many more bloody times does this have to be said.

Managers are judged on the here and now, not last season's results or achievements. We are /were in a spiral and ML's body language was speaking volumes. Add in other stories such as Monk and Chico and you have all the evidence you need of an unstable camp.

Celebrate? For me yes. I was relieved when I heard this yesterday and actually looking forward to Saturday, well more so than I was let's say!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Laudrup had to go... BUT on 11:07 - Feb 5 with 1391 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Clearly there were massive issues going on behind the scenes and it appears that these problems were long standing.

We have a point a game in spite of those issues which if we continue at that level will very likely keep us up. Could we have expected Laudrup to have delivered a point a game for our last 14 games given our fixture list and players returning?

I can only conclude that the board felt that a point a game was beyond us under Laudrup.

Given the long standing nature of our problems under Laudrup can I assume that we have been working towards a credible replacement should we sack him to steer us to safety? If the replacement is Garry Monk and there is no-one else with managerial experience about to come in it is a massive gamble.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Laudrup had to go... BUT on 11:11 - Feb 5 with 1369 viewsLeonisGod

Laudrup had to go... BUT on 10:01 - Feb 5 by jackforever

tbf, the only thing you can judge is the football. You have no idea what his attitude was like or how he felt for the club - this cannot be gauged by how much he does or doesn't jump around on the sidelines. Unless you happen to know him that is.
Laudrup had to go... BUT on 11:12 - Feb 5 with 1358 viewsunion_jack

Laudrup had to go... BUT on 11:07 - Feb 5 by Joe_bradshaw

Clearly there were massive issues going on behind the scenes and it appears that these problems were long standing.

We have a point a game in spite of those issues which if we continue at that level will very likely keep us up. Could we have expected Laudrup to have delivered a point a game for our last 14 games given our fixture list and players returning?

I can only conclude that the board felt that a point a game was beyond us under Laudrup.

Given the long standing nature of our problems under Laudrup can I assume that we have been working towards a credible replacement should we sack him to steer us to safety? If the replacement is Garry Monk and there is no-one else with managerial experience about to come in it is a massive gamble.

I said rather tongue in cheek yesterday that a tortoise could manage us better.

What I am saying is that we are better with a stop gap now than with Laudrup. I have no doubt about that.

Whether Monk will prove to be the man, well let's wait and see. He needs our support though.

If not, I am sure the board knew ML was going and would have contingency plans in place.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Laudrup had to go... BUT on 12:34 - Feb 5 with 1248 viewsBloodyhills

Laudrup had to go... BUT on 11:05 - Feb 5 by union_jack

This!

People constantly going on about our league position. The way the league is this year it means Jack sh1t!! 2 points off relegation. Theoretically one loss. How many more bloody times does this have to be said.

Managers are judged on the here and now, not last season's results or achievements. We are /were in a spiral and ML's body language was speaking volumes. Add in other stories such as Monk and Chico and you have all the evidence you need of an unstable camp.

Celebrate? For me yes. I was relieved when I heard this yesterday and actually looking forward to Saturday, well more so than I was let's say!

Too right.

People who keep harping on about how well we are doing at being 12th in the table are deluded. We are two points from disaster, that's the more useful stat to bare in mind.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024