Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euro Car Parks? 22:46 - Feb 6 with 9226 viewsSwansea_Jack

Hi guys I tried to post this on the last thread but couldn't so just wanted to ask the question once again so please bare with me. I had a letter a couple of weeks ago and I've gone with what the majority of people on here (Last Thread on it)and money saving expert have said and ignored the first 2 letters,I've now had one from a company called Debt Recovery Plus Ltd basically saying if I don't pay what is owed by a certain date they will recommend me to the creditors solicitor and that court action should be taken to recover what I owe. Since then I've had a 2nd letter off Debt Recovery Plus Ltd saying if i don't pay by next week they will get the creditors solicitor to take me to court where I will pay the money outstanding plus court costs,solicitors fees and interest of 8% per annum. Has anyone else had these letters from euro car parks or Debt Recovery Plus Ltd?

Thanks...
Euro Car Parks? on 22:57 - Feb 6 with 8193 viewsShins

I'm not sure whether you'd be interested but I found a thread about these type of issues on a Consumer Forum:
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?44410-Euro-Car-Parks-I

It's quite an interesting read. Be sure to click on the various links, they are well worth reading.

#ISTAYFORTHE90

Euro Car Parks? on 23:03 - Feb 6 with 8184 viewsDarran

This thing was on X-Ray t'other night they were in the car parks around Swansea.
The legal expert reckoned that whilst it was true in the past that people were ignoring the parking tickets and getting away with it the parking companies are now taking more and more people to court.
Not sure if it's on iplayer.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Euro Car Parks? on 23:05 - Feb 6 with 8180 viewsSwansea_Jack

Euro Car Parks? on 22:57 - Feb 6 by Shins

I'm not sure whether you'd be interested but I found a thread about these type of issues on a Consumer Forum:
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?44410-Euro-Car-Parks-I

It's quite an interesting read. Be sure to click on the various links, they are well worth reading.

Ok will do thanks for that.
Euro Car Parks? on 23:05 - Feb 6 with 8172 viewsSwansea_Jack

Euro Car Parks? on 23:03 - Feb 6 by Darran

This thing was on X-Ray t'other night they were in the car parks around Swansea.
The legal expert reckoned that whilst it was true in the past that people were ignoring the parking tickets and getting away with it the parking companies are now taking more and more people to court.

Will have a check on there now,thanks for taking the time to reply.
Euro Car Parks? on 23:10 - Feb 6 with 8164 viewsmysonsarejacks

My "associate" parked in Morfa before Christmas, not realising there was an Ospreys game on at the same time, came back 5 mins over the 2 hour game limit (thinking it was normal 3 hours) and had ticket. What is really annoying is that my "associate" was with a friend shopping and they had not been shopping an exceptional time.

I read a lot of the advice on forums, but I wrote to eurocarparks saying that their actions were wrong as the limit was clearly advertised as 3 hours.

Haven't heard anything since, I did not disclose who was driving.

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

Euro Car Parks? on 23:18 - Feb 6 with 8152 viewsSwansea_Jack

Euro Car Parks? on 23:10 - Feb 6 by mysonsarejacks

My "associate" parked in Morfa before Christmas, not realising there was an Ospreys game on at the same time, came back 5 mins over the 2 hour game limit (thinking it was normal 3 hours) and had ticket. What is really annoying is that my "associate" was with a friend shopping and they had not been shopping an exceptional time.

I read a lot of the advice on forums, but I wrote to eurocarparks saying that their actions were wrong as the limit was clearly advertised as 3 hours.

Haven't heard anything since, I did not disclose who was driving.

Oh right I'll pop down tomorrow to see if it's still clearly marked as 3hrs and if so will take a photo of it . Thank you
Euro Car Parks? on 23:26 - Feb 6 with 8139 viewsDarran

Euro Car Parks? on 23:18 - Feb 6 by Swansea_Jack

Oh right I'll pop down tomorrow to see if it's still clearly marked as 3hrs and if so will take a photo of it . Thank you

They also said on X-Ray that waiting times are reduced around the Liberty and the CCS on match days so when you check the signs check the small print.

Euro Car Parks? on 23:37 - Feb 6 with 8129 viewsjackforever

Had a few over the years and ignored them all. No court in the land would think 75quid for a five min over 2hr. The debt collectors letters are usually from the same company that owns the car park. Usually have 4or 5 letters then they stop.
Login to get fewer ads

Euro Car Parks? on 23:45 - Feb 6 with 8118 viewsSwansea_Jack

Euro Car Parks? on 23:26 - Feb 6 by Darran

They also said on X-Ray that waiting times are reduced around the Liberty and the CCS on match days so when you check the signs check the small print.

Ok thanks
Euro Car Parks? on 04:24 - Feb 7 with 8071 viewsLord_Bony

My dad is 78 and disabled since last year. He has a mobility car and someone who was driving had a ticket off the council.the ticket went to my dad and he ignored it like many old people...anyway it went to court then the bailiffs came knocking one morning demanding to take possessions out of my house as he now lives with me.

Needless to say I told them to feck off and would nt open the door.

I now have to appeal to some court but it is soooo complicated....many vulnerable people just simply are not capable of doing it and then fall into the trap of compounded fines,interest,court costs,bailiffs,debt collectors etc...

There's simply got to be a change in the law to protect vulnerable people from this...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Euro Car Parks? on 08:22 - Feb 7 with 8024 viewsKennedy

They only one's that you should pay (or appeal) are ones from the Police and Council. Never ignore any fines from these two. All others tell them to get stuffed.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?s=85271a426d9f3379779dbda9b2d40827&showforum

Just call me JFK

Euro Car Parks? on 09:24 - Feb 7 with 7997 viewsjackb

Euro Car Parks? on 23:03 - Feb 6 by Darran

they have never actually won a single case, in fact I don't think they've even been in a courtroom once
Euro Car Parks? on 09:48 - Feb 7 with 7970 viewsSwanzay

Just ignore it, these debt collector companies are set up by the parking companies themselves as another way to scare you into paying!

Debt Recovery Plus Ltd is another name for Euro Car Parks just in a different uniform. As Kennedy says the only people you need to ensure you pay a parking fine to are the council and the police.

Just throw them in the recycling. No doubt the letter is littered with the words 'may' 'consider' or such like.

It amazes me that they are allowed to get away with these dity underhand tactics, in the eyes of the law you have not broken any law and it is just glorified worthless invoice.
Euro Car Parks? on 21:03 - Feb 7 with 7901 viewsSwansea_Jack

Thanks for the info guys much appreciated
Euro Car Parks? on 22:06 - Feb 7 with 7858 viewsSwanzay

Euro Car Parks? on 21:03 - Feb 7 by Swansea_Jack

Thanks for the info guys much appreciated

Glad to be of help!
Euro Car Parks? on 22:07 - Feb 7 with 7856 viewsDarran

Euro Car Parks? on 22:06 - Feb 7 by Swanzay

Glad to be of help!

Whatever advice you get off this tw*t do the opposite.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Euro Car Parks? on 22:24 - Feb 7 with 7837 viewsmax936

IGNORE IT PLEASE, Its just a frightener, you'll probably get a few more again Ignore.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Euro Car Parks? on 22:24 - Feb 7 with 7834 viewscontroversial_jack

Euro Car Parks? on 23:37 - Feb 6 by jackforever

Had a few over the years and ignored them all. No court in the land would think 75quid for a five min over 2hr. The debt collectors letters are usually from the same company that owns the car park. Usually have 4or 5 letters then they stop.

Well said. they are only supposed to recover what they may have lost in revenue. To slap an arbitrary £75 is totally unlawful. Also to front load charges without any conviction is again unlawful. If they tried to take it to court they would lose
Euro Car Parks? on 22:28 - Feb 7 with 7826 viewscontroversial_jack

Euro Car Parks? on 08:22 - Feb 7 by Kennedy

They only one's that you should pay (or appeal) are ones from the Police and Council. Never ignore any fines from these two. All others tell them to get stuffed.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?s=85271a426d9f3379779dbda9b2d40827&showforum

I would be tempted to tell the council to get lost too. They are no different from a private company
Euro Car Parks? on 22:29 - Feb 7 with 7825 viewsSwanzay

Euro Car Parks? on 22:24 - Feb 7 by controversial_jack

Well said. they are only supposed to recover what they may have lost in revenue. To slap an arbitrary £75 is totally unlawful. Also to front load charges without any conviction is again unlawful. If they tried to take it to court they would lose

As you say its complete nonsense, may I say controversial jack you understand the real law on most topics, not the one thats fed to scare the public, good on you, doffs cap!
Euro Car Parks? on 22:31 - Feb 7 with 7821 viewsDarran

Euro Car Parks? on 22:29 - Feb 7 by Swanzay

As you say its complete nonsense, may I say controversial jack you understand the real law on most topics, not the one thats fed to scare the public, good on you, doffs cap!

You are joking here yeah?
He talks the biggest load of shite going.

Euro Car Parks? on 22:37 - Feb 7 with 7817 viewsmax936

Euro Car Parks? on 23:37 - Feb 6 by jackforever

We had 12 off CP Plus a few yrs back off my Lad overstayed in Morrisons car park in Neath, the threatened all sorts, think we had a few letters from Debt Recovery plus.

Latest one was off Vinci at the Heath after youngest was taken there from Ty Hafan, we arrived back from Hols and had to rush straight up there, last thing we thought about was a car parking ticket, Mrs stayed up there with the lad and I came home, she went down to van in morning and seen ticket went straight over to attendants hut, he didn't really want to know and just said you could try writing a letter, but we didn't bother, think we recieved about 4 letters ignored the lot, ain't heard anything since.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2014 22:42]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Euro Car Parks? on 22:39 - Feb 7 with 7813 viewsSwanzay

Euro Car Parks? on 22:31 - Feb 7 by Darran

You are joking here yeah?
He talks the biggest load of shite going.

Daz why do you try to make yourself like the oracle of all, apart from to get get hits on here?

In law terms he is correct on many occasion, tell me have you studied law? I did law at uni as well, business and employment law to be specific!
Euro Car Parks? on 22:40 - Feb 7 with 7810 viewsDarran

Euro Car Parks? on 22:39 - Feb 7 by Swanzay

Daz why do you try to make yourself like the oracle of all, apart from to get get hits on here?

In law terms he is correct on many occasion, tell me have you studied law? I did law at uni as well, business and employment law to be specific!

No he's not he's 100% wrong on most things.

Euro Car Parks? on 22:43 - Feb 7 with 7803 viewsSwanzay

Euro Car Parks? on 22:07 - Feb 7 by Darran

Whatever advice you get off this tw*t do the opposite.

This post has been edited by an administrator

You really are making yourself look like a tw@, I pity you!
[Post edited 7 Feb 2014 22:44]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024