Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" 11:37 - Feb 11 with 10004 viewsSpringHeeledJack

http://www.nj.com/soccer-news/index.ssf/2014/02/swansea_shows_no_respect_to_mi.h

"Unlike Wenger, Laudrup did not receive loyalty from ownership. Apparently, a couple of years in the limelight made Swansea’s management team forget the struggle to get there."

Shouldn't wind me up but it does. Absolutely clueless.

@SwanThisDay

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 17:42 - Feb 11 with 1791 viewsclement

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 17:38 - Feb 11 by Darran

What part of 'Swansea Legend' don't you understand then?

sorry, who said he was a swans legend?

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 17:50 - Feb 11 with 1780 viewsDarran

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 17:42 - Feb 11 by clement

sorry, who said he was a swans legend?

He might be a footballing legend but they are saying he's not a Swansea legend.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 17:58 - Feb 11 with 1763 viewsNOTRAC

Respect is a two edged sword. We were respectful to Martinez and to Rogers,but both had little respect for us when the time was right for them.
Laudrup had signed a two year contract but there is little doubt he would have left us at the end of the season for better things.Would he have respected us then ,I doubt it.
It is now obvious that it was player power that forced the Club to terminate Laudrup!s contract.
We are now in a massive business where decisions are primarily made for business purposes,not football loyalty.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

(No subject) on 18:04 - Feb 11 with 1750 viewsDavillin

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 11:43 - Feb 11 by Swanzay

Typical american view, they remembered the struggle to get there, hence why they made the change.

Did you by any chance read the comment from "happypappy"? He's American, too, you know.

I checked. They must have not liked the comment, because it was removed. Here it is anyway:

"Truly, if you don't know what you're talking about, keep silent.

"You wrote, 'Apparently, a couple of years in the limelight made Swansea’s management team forget the struggle to get there.' You do not know why Swansea City fired Laudrup, although long-time fans can give you several very good reasons.

"If you want to know just how seriously the club took this matter, it will cost them upwards of $4 to $5 million pounds to get rid of him, and they knew that full well before they fired him. The only public statement from the Board was along the lines of the need to return to the Swansea philosophy.

"If you don't know what the Swansea philosophy is, mores the pity that you wrote so carelessly as quoted above.

"No respect from me unless you correct this slur."
[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 18:19]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 18:21 - Feb 11 with 1727 viewsDavillin

And now this appeared:

Oh, shame on you! I posted a response to this article, but it has been removed. Not interested in the truth, then?

Here it is again:

Truly, if you don't know what you're talking about, keep silent.

You wrote, "Apparently, a couple of years in the limelight made Swansea’s management team forget the struggle to get there." You do not know why Swansea City fired Laudrup, although long-time fans can give you several very good reasons.

If you want to know just how seriously the club took this matter, it will cost them upwards of $4 to $5 million pounds to get rid of him, and they knew that full well before they fired him. The only public statement from the Board was along the lines of the need to return to the Swansea philosophy.

If you don't know what the Swansea philosophy is, mores the pity that you wrote so carelessly as quoted above.

No respect from me unless you correct this slur.

(No subject) on 18:27 - Feb 11 with 1717 viewsWatchman

(No subject) on 14:38 - Feb 11 by Spratty

Just a matter of respect and fairness and the warm glow of being admired for having a real classy manager who did not bullshit. Think the way we have handled this has damaged the club PR wise

Not sure if Laudrup, Laudrup ever did give us a wave but that was fine with me, makes the real relationship about the players. I saw this as modesty not coldness. Could have left us last year for the big time and big bucks but kept his word to stay. Think he is motivated differently from other managers as he has had the big club success and really wanted to do something special with us which is what he did.

A case of the irresistible force and immovable object methinks

Would have liked us to carry on to the end of the season saving £4.5 mill plus possibly getting £7 mill net for him. Confident given the quality of the team, returning injuries plus Bony really come up to speed that we would have stayed up and parted on good terms.

i personally think it has not hurst us PR wise. I think it is good we are not media darlings anymore and more importantly anyone wanting THE JOB now knows that HJ has the garhoonas to kick a big name out of the club.
Anyone who comes here they now they have to work and not fargh about which was what was happening

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

(No subject) on 18:28 - Feb 11 with 1715 viewsDavillin

(No subject) on 18:27 - Feb 11 by Watchman

i personally think it has not hurst us PR wise. I think it is good we are not media darlings anymore and more importantly anyone wanting THE JOB now knows that HJ has the garhoonas to kick a big name out of the club.
Anyone who comes here they now they have to work and not fargh about which was what was happening

Agreed.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 18:29 - Feb 11 with 1711 viewsJackSomething

Considering our results since the cup final, does anyone really think that another club would have paid £7m for Laudrup in the summer?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 18:31 - Feb 11 with 1707 viewsJokeren1943

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 15:11 - Feb 11 by marchamjack

He certainly won't be remembered in time as one of the Swans legends, but a very good and successful manager for us (for a time), yes.

Legend...never

The team Laudrup has left Monk, player for player has the potential to be outstanding.

8 out of 11 first team players, are either players Laudrup found or were not a part of the first team when the manager left.
"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 18:38 - Feb 11 with 1696 viewsDarran

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 18:31 - Feb 11 by Jokeren1943

The team Laudrup has left Monk, player for player has the potential to be outstanding.

8 out of 11 first team players, are either players Laudrup found or were not a part of the first team when the manager left.

Aye hopefully unlike Laudrup Monk can get them playing football.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 18:41 - Feb 11 with 1683 viewsShaky

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 18:38 - Feb 11 by Darran

Well certainly Ash seems to have ended his strike now that he has got Laudrup sacked, and actually turned up on Saturday after having been shit all season.

Then to dedicate the victory to Laudrup really takes the biscuit; what a c*nt.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

(No subject) on 18:51 - Feb 11 with 1665 viewsJokeren1943

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 18:38 - Feb 11 by Darran

Agree, the team need more will. Hopefully Monk can provide the Swansea squad with that.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 18:51]
"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 18:53 - Feb 11 with 1659 viewsStarsky

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 18:29 - Feb 11 by JackSomething

Considering our results since the cup final, does anyone really think that another club would have paid £7m for Laudrup in the summer?

Yes... Spratty does.

It's just the internet, init.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 18:55 - Feb 11 with 1654 viewsDarran

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 18:53 - Feb 11 by Starsky

Yes... Spratty does.

Monk just heard the same thing.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 19:15 - Feb 11 with 1616 viewsSpratty

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 18:53 - Feb 11 by Starsky

Yes... Spratty does.

£10 m actually - top 10 finish or near good run in Europe and FA on a shoestring PL wise
and classy as they come

Everton were happy to have Roberto and the boy doing pretty damn good

The question is were we willing to to lose £10m + to placate a petulant player who was not leading on the pitch - pathetic. Especially as there was little doubt we were staying up
(No subject) on 19:18 - Feb 11 with 1575 viewsSpratty

Or alternately think no thanks if that's the way they treat their managers

Seems to be a couple of the players that were farghing about
"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 19:18 - Feb 11 with 1576 viewsDarran

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 19:15 - Feb 11 by Spratty

£10 m actually - top 10 finish or near good run in Europe and FA on a shoestring PL wise
and classy as they come

The question is were we willing to to lose £10m + to placate a petulant player who was not leading on the pitch - pathetic. Especially as there was little doubt we were staying up

Don't forget it's St Valentines Day on Friday Spratty I'm sure Michael would appreciate a card.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 19:20 - Feb 11 with 1571 viewsSpratty

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 19:18 - Feb 11 by Darran

Don't forget it's St Valentines Day on Friday Spratty I'm sure Michael would appreciate a card.

Think he has already been given his cards. Perhaps you could send him one to make up for the porky pies
"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 19:21 - Feb 11 with 1565 viewsDarran

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 19:20 - Feb 11 by Spratty

Think he has already been given his cards. Perhaps you could send him one to make up for the porky pies

Honestly you sound about 12.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 19:25 - Feb 11 with 1557 viewsSpratty

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 17:58 - Feb 11 by NOTRAC

Respect is a two edged sword. We were respectful to Martinez and to Rogers,but both had little respect for us when the time was right for them.
Laudrup had signed a two year contract but there is little doubt he would have left us at the end of the season for better things.Would he have respected us then ,I doubt it.
It is now obvious that it was player power that forced the Club to terminate Laudrup!s contract.
We are now in a massive business where decisions are primarily made for business purposes,not football loyalty.

Think both Martinez and Rodgers respect us.They moved on get over it.

A million pound business does not run its business based on player tittle tattle. Nor does it make a holy mess of implementing its questionable decisions.
"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 19:27 - Feb 11 with 1554 viewsSpratty

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 19:21 - Feb 11 by Darran

Honestly you sound about 12.

Sorry fair point I shouldn't have stooped to your level
"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 19:37 - Feb 11 with 1522 viewsJackSomething

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 19:15 - Feb 11 by Spratty

and classy as they come

Everton didn't have to pay Wigan £7m or £10m for Martinez. I could be wrong, but I don't think they paid anything.

No club was going to pay that kind of money for a manger who followed up an impressive first season with a relegation battle, one which may even have been unsuccessful.

Thinking the board would sack a manager purely to placate a player is even worse.

I appreciate you're disappointed with the sacking and some of Darran's more provocative posts, but you're making yourself look a bit silly IMO.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 19:47 - Feb 11 with 1504 viewsDarran

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 19:37 - Feb 11 by JackSomething

Everton didn't have to pay Wigan £7m or £10m for Martinez. I could be wrong, but I don't think they paid anything.

No club was going to pay that kind of money for a manger who followed up an impressive first season with a relegation battle, one which may even have been unsuccessful.

Thinking the board would sack a manager purely to placate a player is even worse.

I appreciate you're disappointed with the sacking and some of Darran's more provocative posts, but you're making yourself look a bit silly IMO.

And my opinion too.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 20:12 - Feb 11 with 1479 viewsperchrockjack

can understand spratty being in love with Michael. I m not keen on men that dye their hairt though

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

(No subject) on 07:57 - Feb 12 with 1404 viewsJethroJack

Agreed. I said this about a week ago, ie. Sacking ML will send out a message to any prospective future managers that we can no longer be considered just as a "stepping stone" to (so-called) better things. ML intended to leave anyway & maintain the short-termism we experienced with Martinez, Sousa & Rodgers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024