Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" 11:37 - Feb 11 with 10005 viewsSpringHeeledJack

http://www.nj.com/soccer-news/index.ssf/2014/02/swansea_shows_no_respect_to_mi.h

"Unlike Wenger, Laudrup did not receive loyalty from ownership. Apparently, a couple of years in the limelight made Swansea’s management team forget the struggle to get there."

Shouldn't wind me up but it does. Absolutely clueless.

@SwanThisDay

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 09:14 - Feb 12 with 1721 viewsperchrockjack

A very very good point. I for one am a little miffed as my/our club being a mere stepping stone. Talk about respect-media wise we ve little in spite of everything and everyone

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

(No subject) on 09:24 - Feb 12 with 1702 viewsswanny

(No subject) on 19:18 - Feb 11 by Spratty

Or alternately think no thanks if that's the way they treat their managers

Seems to be a couple of the players that were farghing about

Hells Bells - even Cardiff managed to get a new manager with complete insanity at teh helm...I don't think we'd be shy of managerial suitors

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 09:31 - Feb 12 with 1693 viewsharemscarem

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 18:31 - Feb 11 by Jokeren1943

The team Laudrup has left Monk, player for player has the potential to be outstanding.

8 out of 11 first team players, are either players Laudrup found or were not a part of the first team when the manager left.

Laudrup made Routledge a big player for Swansea, and he bought real value for the money. The team is Laudrups, and Williams dedicated the last victory to Laudrup and said that this team is Laudrups. Canas and Hernandez seem surprised that Laudrup was sacked. Apparently not all players wanted this. I believe it is more a matter of Laudrup and Jenkins struckling.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 09:38 - Feb 12 with 1677 viewsgibs0n

Let's move on shall we?

Laudrup is gone! Did a historical good job. Now it's Monk-time. Started well!
"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 09:39 - Feb 12 with 1670 viewsharemscarem

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 09:38 - Feb 12 by gibs0n

Let's move on shall we?

Laudrup is gone! Did a historical good job. Now it's Monk-time. Started well!

You are right. One last link from me: http://www.scooponthecity.com/6/post/2014/02/why-swansea-sacking-michael-laudrup

Interesting reading.

I hope Monk will do a good job, and I look forward to the next game.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 09:39 - Feb 12 with 1669 viewsJackSomething

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 09:31 - Feb 12 by haremscarem

Laudrup made Routledge a big player for Swansea, and he bought real value for the money. The team is Laudrups, and Williams dedicated the last victory to Laudrup and said that this team is Laudrups. Canas and Hernandez seem surprised that Laudrup was sacked. Apparently not all players wanted this. I believe it is more a matter of Laudrup and Jenkins struckling.

So if this team is Laudrup's, does that mean that the team that won the League Cup was Rodger's?

Of the 14 players who took part on Saturday, 9 were signed by managers other than Laudrup (I included Emnes in that as he was initially signed by Rodgers and it seems universally agreed that ML had nothing to do with his signing this time).

I'm all for giving Laudrup credit for what he did, which was building on the solid foundations left for him by Rodgers. His initial signings and tweak to our system led to initial success, but as at most of his other clubs this success dwindled and he seemed unable to change things.

I'll keep saying it, there is no way that Jenkins or the board would have sanctioned sacking Laudrup because of personal issues. While I think we would have survived regardless, our form since the Cup Final has been borderline relegation form. That is the main reason why he has gone.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 09:44 - Feb 12 with 1653 viewsharemscarem

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 09:39 - Feb 12 by JackSomething

So if this team is Laudrup's, does that mean that the team that won the League Cup was Rodger's?

Of the 14 players who took part on Saturday, 9 were signed by managers other than Laudrup (I included Emnes in that as he was initially signed by Rodgers and it seems universally agreed that ML had nothing to do with his signing this time).

I'm all for giving Laudrup credit for what he did, which was building on the solid foundations left for him by Rodgers. His initial signings and tweak to our system led to initial success, but as at most of his other clubs this success dwindled and he seemed unable to change things.

I'll keep saying it, there is no way that Jenkins or the board would have sanctioned sacking Laudrup because of personal issues. While I think we would have survived regardless, our form since the Cup Final has been borderline relegation form. That is the main reason why he has gone.

No and yes. Many of the players in that team were bought by Laudrup and improved under Laudrup, but of cause Rodgers had a great part in that victory as well. Rodgers liked to keep possession (like Laudrup), and many of the players have learned many things from Rodgers that also contributed to the victory, I guess.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 10:09 - Feb 12 with 1628 viewsharemscarem

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 09:39 - Feb 12 by JackSomething

Actually I think You are right. It seems that Laudrup could not change our bad form. Anyway we had a lot of injuries too.

Login to get fewer ads

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 10:18 - Feb 12 with 1614 viewsJackSomething

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 10:09 - Feb 12 by haremscarem

Actually I think You are right. It seems that Laudrup could not change our bad form. Anyway we had a lot of injuries too.

Injuries certainly played a part. I don't think we would have been relegated under Laudrup, but the frustration was we never seemed to put a run of form together this season.

You'd have hoped that the win over Fulham would have led to us at least playing well against West Ham. Instead we were very poor. Hopefully we can change that trend and deliver another good performance tonight.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 10:29 - Feb 12 with 1603 viewsharemscarem

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 10:18 - Feb 12 by JackSomething

Injuries certainly played a part. I don't think we would have been relegated under Laudrup, but the frustration was we never seemed to put a run of form together this season.

You'd have hoped that the win over Fulham would have led to us at least playing well against West Ham. Instead we were very poor. Hopefully we can change that trend and deliver another good performance tonight.

I agree!

(No subject) on 11:51 - Feb 12 with 1579 viewsSwanfan1

I dont see any "wrong" with the article states everything that is publicly known to everyone, but it does not go further down in the details and we can all speculate how that power struggle went on, NO ONE will ever know what happened.
only Huw Jenkins and Michael Laudrup knows,

But for the media to hash out a very very old article from the first half season Michael Laudrup was in Swansea and the article that his training methods were "soft" today is ridiclious why did they not point to that article when everything was going great ?

only when things start going badly they rehashed a pretty old story from 2012.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2014 12:04]

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 12:02 - Feb 12 with 1562 viewsSwanfan1

I think the board panicked, I dont think Garry Monk could have saved us from the West Ham game, looking at all the previous games we played at West Ham we always lost.
but the panic from the board was justified, here was a successful manager from last season forcing a cautious board that dealt with a lot of struggle to spend big on players and they did for him they spent massive amount of money for Michael Laudrup and they didnt expect him to flirt with relegation they could not afford to go down.

In the end it comes to ML asking for big transfer budget and not delivering the results that was expected. in NO WAY will Swansea ever spend 12 M on a player ever again.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 12:08 - Feb 12 with 1551 viewsStarsky

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 12:02 - Feb 12 by Swanfan1

I think the board panicked, I dont think Garry Monk could have saved us from the West Ham game, looking at all the previous games we played at West Ham we always lost.
but the panic from the board was justified, here was a successful manager from last season forcing a cautious board that dealt with a lot of struggle to spend big on players and they did for him they spent massive amount of money for Michael Laudrup and they didnt expect him to flirt with relegation they could not afford to go down.

In the end it comes to ML asking for big transfer budget and not delivering the results that was expected. in NO WAY will Swansea ever spend 12 M on a player ever again.

A lot of assumptions there.

With regards to West Ham.. Monks would probably have replaced Amat with Britton.

That alone could have changed the abject performance/result.

It's just the internet, init.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 12:12 - Feb 12 with 1543 viewsSwanfan1

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 12:08 - Feb 12 by Starsky

A lot of assumptions there.

With regards to West Ham.. Monks would probably have replaced Amat with Britton.

That alone could have changed the abject performance/result.

Yes but Britton alone wouldnt change that much, okay I admit we will never know
how it would have ended with Monk in charge but just the SHIT football West Ham plays we would always have struggled.
Hopefully West Ham are relegated this season and let them disappear down the leagues.

Btw. I want Garry Monk to get the job and I hope he does well
Im just not sure anyone could have saved us from that game.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 12:18 - Feb 12 with 1524 viewsStarsky

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 12:12 - Feb 12 by Swanfan1

Yes but Britton alone wouldnt change that much, okay I admit we will never know
how it would have ended with Monk in charge but just the SHIT football West Ham plays we would always have struggled.
Hopefully West Ham are relegated this season and let them disappear down the leagues.

Btw. I want Garry Monk to get the job and I hope he does well
Im just not sure anyone could have saved us from that game.

Maybe ,SF, that West Ham game might prove to be the one that finally kick started our season. Could be the best result at Upton Park ever.
Fingers crossed this is true.

It's just the internet, init.

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 12:20 - Feb 12 with 1520 viewsCatullus

So we haven't treated Laudrup with respect!

Tell me, is buying a player for 12 million then leaving him on the bench whilst playing an injured player in his place respectful to either player?

Is constantly being negative about your teams chances being respectful to the players, the board or the fans?

Is heading off abroad after such a dire performance at WHU respectful to the board or fans?

I think not. Laudrup is a cool calm and collected man. But he made mistakes and he got punished for them. Plenty other managers have been sacked for less.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 13:03 - Feb 12 with 1500 viewsjeza739

The link at 0939hrs knocks the nail on the head for me, he was sacked as much for of the field issues as well as our on the field lethargy, poor form and resultant poor results.

We did well by ML last yr, but he did well by us too. Unfortunately this yr seems to have taken the same path as most of the second seasons at most of his other appointments.

He will go down in our history as the manager who brought us our first major trophy, thankfully he won't go down as the manager who presided over relegation from the premiership.

If GM continues as he has started and make no mistake there are far harder challenges ahead (tonight for one) we could just COULD be about to commence a period of stability and success under Garry.

Let's look back with fondness and respect at Laudrups reign, it was never going to be long term anyway.
(No subject) on 14:40 - Feb 12 with 1442 viewsSwanzay

(No subject) on 18:04 - Feb 11 by Davillin

Did you by any chance read the comment from "happypappy"? He's American, too, you know.

I checked. They must have not liked the comment, because it was removed. Here it is anyway:

"Truly, if you don't know what you're talking about, keep silent.

"You wrote, 'Apparently, a couple of years in the limelight made Swansea’s management team forget the struggle to get there.' You do not know why Swansea City fired Laudrup, although long-time fans can give you several very good reasons.

"If you want to know just how seriously the club took this matter, it will cost them upwards of $4 to $5 million pounds to get rid of him, and they knew that full well before they fired him. The only public statement from the Board was along the lines of the need to return to the Swansea philosophy.

"If you don't know what the Swansea philosophy is, mores the pity that you wrote so carelessly as quoted above.

"No respect from me unless you correct this slur."
[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 18:19]

Hi Davs

Daz's previous comments have obviously confused you, I like America, I dont know how many times I have to say it. What I dont like is the apparent world dominating monster that some of the leaders there have become, whilst other contries follow without question. ie T Blair. As a country it is nice and I been lucky enough to go there a few times.

BTW you have a PM.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2014 14:45]
"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 14:43 - Feb 12 with 1439 viewswaynekerr55

How about "Swansea and Laudrup show similar levels of contempt towards each other"?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 14:44 - Feb 12 with 1436 viewsscottishjack

Taken from "The Secret Footballer"

"Football, as we know, isn't always as it first appears. To some, the sacking of Michael Laudrup may look harsh. After all, he led Swansea City to ninth place in the Premier League last season and won the club's first major honour, the Capital One Cup.

To others, though, he was piggy backing on an excellent team put together by Brendan Rodgers while "slowly eroding ten years of the club's principles". That quote was from Huw Jenkins, the Swansea chairman, in his programme notes prior to the game against Cardiff City on Saturday.

Those of us in the know have all heard the same thing, that Laudrup's mindset - and, as a result, that of his players - was a "complete failure". Again, that's the chairman's quote.

And those pundits who are too lazy to pick up the phone to anybody at Swansea to find out what Laudrup was really like naturally followed the swell of public opinion and described the decision to sack the Dane as ridiculous.

The truth is, Laudrup wasn't overly respected at Swansea. His ideologies were at odds with those of the board and some of his players, and it was no surprise that performances have been underwhelming this season. Poor performances don't just happen, there is always a root cause. In this case, the cause was Laudrup."

http://www.teamtalk.com/blog/16129/9162563/The-Secret-Footballer-Fergie-to-blame
"Swansea shows no respect to Michael Laudrup" on 14:47 - Feb 12 with 1432 viewsSwanzay

The SF has changed his tune hasn't he, compared to his thoughts on us and the situation previously?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024